• It's time once again to ferret out those murderous vampires in a new VAU - Vampires Amongst Us. A cross between Cluedo and a roleplay, sometimes gory and often hilarious! Find out more and sign-up! here.

Seneschal

Liche
True Blood
May 15, 2008
Characters with magical weapons in a unit with the BoEF don't have flaming attacks so any support the NK bus has will take care of dragon princes and the like.

Tamodan Varison

Grave Guard
Dec 5, 2008
It's not Dragon Princes I'd worry about, but more Flying Characters... Most of them have 3 wounds (pegasus, eagle,...), 2+ ward and 1+ armour, most often rerollable. If they challenge, you've got a problem I fear ;)

kevin.hopkins7

Black Knight
May 21, 2011
Houston,Tx
Ooh thats interesting Seneschal. I suppose my vamp not having flaming attacks will help in those situations, but I havn't come across any characters that held me up yet. Not really sure what I would do..

Seneschal

Liche
True Blood
May 15, 2008
@Tamodan Gotcha

@Kevin Yeah, that's one of the reasons why I wouldn't field a BK bus with only character in it. I would seriously consider switching a few things up in that list.
BTW, beastlords sometimes take the blackened plate which is heavy armor that gives the character a 2+ ward vs. flaming attacks and their entire unit recieves a 4+ ward vs. flaming attacks. You'll typically see a beastlord strutting around in a unit of bestigors 30-40 strong with banner of discipline (sometimes the flame banner instead).

Seneschal

Liche
True Blood
May 15, 2008
Whoa! You've never seen a BL with a magic weapon? Wow!
The normal build I've seen and used for a long time was Armor of Destiny, CoC, shield and sword of battle in 30 besti's.
Nowadays its 40 best's with blackened plate, shield, brass cleaver and the 4+ ward.

Ogre

Skeleton
Feb 13, 2012
Kevin and I played each other game 1 of the GT. VC on VC. We both walked away from the game with 10 points. Go figure :P

Yorga

Vampire Count
True Blood
Apr 7, 2011
Solid list with a proven record. Dwarves are the rock to our sissors

Yorga

Vampire Count
True Blood
Apr 7, 2011
Solid list with a proven record. Dwarves are the rock to our sissors

Seneschal

Liche
True Blood
May 15, 2008
You really think so, Yorga? If you're fielding TG's and engines, sure, I can see it, otherwise they tend to be an easy win even with an anvil.

Johnny-Crass

Vampire Ancient
True Blood
Jan 25, 2012
California
Really Yorga? I slot Dwarves into my easy win slot. Only thing that makes me pee a lil is double organ gun. Other than that I am not impressed.

Yorga

Vampire Count
True Blood
Apr 7, 2011
Johnny-Crass said:
Really Yorga? I slot Dwarves into my easy win slot. Only thing that makes me pee a lil is double organ gun. Other than that I am not impressed.

Yes. Dwarves ruin the day for the standard two terrorgheist list. I bought up one army in our meta to remove the threat and transfer it to my son this Xmas. ;) But the other player fields two canons, two organ guns, a grudgethrower and two bolt throwers. It is sick. :mad2: Yeah you heard me...7 warmachines.

Yorga

Vampire Count
True Blood
Apr 7, 2011
Nagashizzar said:
Yorga said:
It is sick. :mad2: Yeah you heard me...7 warmachines.

And that guy has how many friend left to play with?

Honestly this is how I see all the Dwarven players play. My friend, whom Johnny stomped into the dirt, was the one exception. He tries to play a fluffy list and you see where that gets him. ;) Oh, BTW, the guy with the 7 warmachines had the anvil too. And yes, the warmachines that could have runes had them. I played him with Chaos warriors and got into his infantry blocks and ate him alive. My warrior horde supported by the Warshrine was almost depleted when I hit him. But it delivered my general and bsb into the combat and they were enough. The other Horde of Khorne Marauders took out the greybeards guarding the anvil and had just made it to the anvil when the game ended. Had he concentrated on my Warriors instead of my chariot or dragon ogres with his shooting he would have won.

Johnny-Crass

Vampire Ancient
True Blood
Jan 25, 2012
California
As a bretonnian player i love warmachine spam lists personally. Fast enough where he is only two rounds of shooting before i am in his grill. If I want a easy relaxing game I will play against Dwarves or OnG no matter their build. I think ambush dwarves os their better build personally.

Yorga

Vampire Count
True Blood
Apr 7, 2011
Johnny-Crass said:
As a bretonnian player i love warmachine spam lists personally. Fast enough where he is only two rounds of shooting before i am in his grill. If I want a easy relaxing game I will play against Dwarves or OnG no matter their build. I think ambush dwarves os their better build personally.

Please build me a great 2500 point Dwarven list that I can gift my son on Xmas when he gets his army. It only has 30 miner models though.

Ogre

Skeleton
Feb 13, 2012
The Alamo has a scenario where everyone gets a free Cannon. Imagine having to play dwarves during that :|

Fortunately, there was only 1 dwarf player this year...

The Sun King

Staff member
True Blood
Aug 22, 2012
Copenhagen
Sounds rather bizarre... Not to sound like a conservatist, but some of the scenarios people make up by themselves are pretty f'ing random :)

kevin.hopkins7

Black Knight
May 21, 2011
Houston,Tx
If your familiar with the Texas revolution ,and there's a scenario with a cannon called ..come and take it!!.. It's not that random actually :)

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

Quick Navigation

User Menu