• Roll-up! Roll-up! Come one and all the fantastic Turning the World to Darkness painting competition. Welcome to any skill level, you can find out more here.
  • It's time once again to ferret out those murderous vampires in a new VAU - Vampires Amongst Us. A cross between Cluedo and a roleplay, sometimes gory and often hilarious! Find out more here.

Altered forum view

Count Vashra

Lord of Shadows
True Blood
I'm not sure how I did it, but whilst I was typing today I accidentally hit a button I shouldn't have (at least, I'm sure I did, and I don't know which button I did hit) and the forum index has somehow gone into a narrow column on the left hand side of the forum (with the forum names being really squeezed up), and the Random Quote Box and everything below it except for the copyright disclaimer has jumped p to a column on the right hand side. In each forum the thread titles have somehow become very long, one letter per line, columns. At least, that's as accurately as I can describe it.

It's probably something about my computer, and if that's the case then I apologise and I'll just call a technician, but I thought I might as well ask here first.

Even the threads themselves are in a column.

Count Vashra

Lord of Shadows
True Blood
Ah, unfortunately not, sorry. I don't know how to on a computer, and don't have any phones/cameras capable of uploading to the computer, but I probably could use the computer to take a screenshot if I had instructions.

MasterSpark

Nostalgian
Staff member
True Blood
On the right-hand side of the keyboard there should be a button with the text "PrtScn" or similar on it. Click that button when the screen is showing what you want others to see, and then open up the programme Paint. Inside Paint hold the "Ctrl" button down and then press "V" while still holding down the first button. The printed image of your screen should now appear inside Paint and you can save it as a new image on your computer, after which you can upload it here on CN like you would any other image.

Oh and also, it's only CN that has changed in this way for you, right? Other websites are displaying normally?

Count Vashra

Lord of Shadows
True Blood
www.vampirecounts.net

wisdom-of-the-master.42

#post-414189

That should show you the different ways my screen has altered. Thanks for the information. And only Carpe Noctem has altered its view for me.

Last edited:

MasterSpark

Nostalgian
Staff member
True Blood
The images are unfortunately broken so I can't see what you want to show. Either way I really can't see what might've happened, the various display options we have on CN shouldn't do anything like what you're describing. Have you tried clearing your internet browser history and cookies? And can you try logging on from a different browser and see if it's any different?

Count Vashra

Lord of Shadows
True Blood
I tried clearing the history and cookies. Didn't work. I'm doing this on Google Chrome. I see the website normally on Internet Explorer, but that won't let me log in because it isn't accepting cookies or something.
Sorry for bothering you if you can't find a solution. It may just be easiest for me to find a technician.

Disciple of Nagash

The Perverted One
Staff member
I agree with MS - it is not something that should really happen. Have you tried reinstalling Chrome to see if it fixes it?

As for the pictures, if you still have them on your computer, please use the "Upload a file" to upload the pictures to CN, as I have done here.

Attachments

Count Vashra

Lord of Shadows
True Blood
Chrome re-installed...good news is it didn't destroy my CN cookies, bad news is nothing else happened. Sending PM with images. They should work.

P.S. I can still use the forum, its just a weird format, so no major loss if we can't find a solution.

MasterSpark

Nostalgian
Staff member
True Blood
Problem solved. It turns out that scroll wheel on the mouse had accidentally changed the display size of the forum. To solve it, all that was needed was to reduce the size back to normal by holding down CTRL and rolling the wheel backwards.