• Roll-up! Roll-up! Come one and all the fantastic Turning the World to Darkness painting competition. Welcome to any skill level, you can find out more here.
  • It's time once again to ferret out those murderous vampires in a new VAU - Vampires Amongst Us. A cross between Cluedo and a roleplay, sometimes gory and often hilarious! Find out more here.

Alternate or cheap miniature Storage/Carry cases

Christophe von Carstein

Vampire Count
True Blood
Well this applies to miniatures of all ranges of GW really but essentially Im in need of practical storage for a lot of my minis (without forking out a large sum for GW cases that is) including an awful large amount of lotr where they wont get damaged, as i dont want to go through the effort of repainting many of them to shove them back in an old sweet tin where theyve been living for many many years now. Any suggestions?
Thanks

Tomfoolery

Grave Guard
So I was in a LGS on Saturday and they had a pretty standard Army Transport bag with foam. I casually asked how much they wanted for it because there was no price tag. He looks it over and says $39.95 :happy:. I set down the Mortis Engine I was going to get and bought the Transport instead. Of course I'll have to get another because my army will fill it up without adding any of the big stuff but for basic dudes and characters it's an unbeatable deal.

Vipoid

Necromancer
Gifts for Geeks has quite a good one:

http://giftsforgeeks.org.uk/shop/figure-cases-foam|figure-cases-and-accessories/product/908254837/build-your-own-tyrant-army-figure-case/

Basically, you can customise the foam inside for monsters (or other large models), MI/MC, cavalry, infantry, or a combination of those.