• Roll-up! Roll-up! Come one and all the fantastic Turning the World to Darkness painting competition. Welcome to any skill level, you can find out more here.
  • It's time once again to ferret out those murderous vampires in a new VAU - Vampires Amongst Us. A cross between Cluedo and a roleplay, sometimes gory and often hilarious! Find out more here.

American's misnamed

@Sanai just sos you know atheists do not believe there is no god they don't believe in a god. It isn't a belief but a lack of one. Tis different.
To be an agnostic does not mean you cant be a theist or an atheist. Most people are agnostic atheists and agnostic theists. But barely anyone uses that label because the word agnostic makes people think that they are neutral on that topic.
I cant think of any atheist who claims to have conclusively proven that some kind of deity doesn't exist because the definition of the deity they are opposing is so vague and untouchable.
And obviously if theism went then there would be no point in calling yourself an atheist seeing as no one would be a theist.

I wonder where the expression train of thought came from...

Sanai

Stylish Deviant
True Blood
No, the definition of atheism is that they believe that there is no god.
The lack of belief in a god is by definition agnosticism. An agnostic cannot be a theist, a theist is someone who believes "there is a god" an agnostica says he has no belief either way.

I have heard many atheists say that science proves there is no god. Every forum I have seen has had at least one, every school I have been to had multiple.

edit: darvy, the tread mutated because I introduced FEV to the water.

Count Darvaleth

I <3 marmite
True Blood
Sanai said:
edit: darvy, the tread mutated because I introduced FEV to the water.
No! You didn't! I was "Very Good"! No FEV AND I sacrificed myself.

...yet with Broken Steel, I relive! xD I didn't even mean to be so nice, but just ended up being mega-good. It was fun though. I just couldn't help myself but give water to those beggars all the time.

Sanai

Stylish Deviant
True Blood
Count, if you be evil in fallout 3, the game is just too easy. You just kill (almost) everyone and steal everything that isn't nailed down, then you have craptons of caps and money isnt even relevant anymore, and more stuff than the entire brotherhood of steel.

Count Darvaleth

I <3 marmite
True Blood
Nah, I have loads of caps anyway. If you do Operation Anchorage before the main quest you have power armour training before fighting all those power-armoured Enclave...

Plus I had that android's Plasma Rifle, so the enclave ones could be used for repair and their ammo could be used to kill them. So now I have about six complete suits of power armour all sitting in my closet in Megaton; but I agree, I am eventually going to create an evil file which will be a god. xD

Sanai

Stylish Deviant
True Blood
Tried any of the mods? There are so many brilliant mods for that game, including a pretty decent space marine one.

Sanai

Stylish Deviant
True Blood
Played through all the halos except ODST and Wars, was not impressed at all. Give me ARMA 2 or fear anytime.

Sanai

Stylish Deviant
True Blood
But DoN, we were talking about america.....
I was wondering guys, how do americans get anything done with all the super mutants, ghouls, molerats and bandits running around? and all that radiation?

lol kidding, sorry for going off topic.... its totally darvies fault!

I vote we change the name of america to COLBERTIA

anyyyways, I for one am greatful for everything that america has given us, from the simpsons to family guy..... american dad.... team america..... girls gone wild?... the colbert report.... okay, so I'm pretty much greatfull for the tv shows, but it still counts!

Count Darvaleth

I <3 marmite
True Blood
Sorry DoN, the thread seems to have been completely jacked... back on topic!

Abyssal, I must agree with WHTDWRF11... it's a bit odd to say something like that. Any reason why...? o_o

Abbysal

Crypt Horror
Abbysal Wrote: So who's up for changing America to Moronia?Innocent

Even in jest I don't find this funny.

Well you might want to lighten up. I worked with morons for most of my life and most people probably feel that I'm the biggest moron there is!

Darv, this thread was about the name of the country of America the thread soon progressed onto why Americans are perceived as a bunch of idiots through media and such, and then it went on to something completely off track. DoN asked us for us to bring it back onto topic, hence my little joke.

[/quote]Not me... sad
Hey Bravo, I'm sorry if I offend or upset you!! Genuinely sorry.:(

Bravo_10

Dark Lord of Eternal Sorrow
True Blood
Abbysal said:
Abbysal Wrote: So who's up for changing America to Moronia?Innocent

Even in jest I don't find this funny.

Well you might want to lighten up. I worked with morons for most of my life and most people probably feel that I'm the biggest moron there is!

Darv, this thread was about the name of the country of America the thread soon progressed onto why Americans are perceived as a bunch of idiots through media and such, and then it went on to something completely off track. DoN asked us for us to bring it back onto topic, hence my little joke.
Not me... sad
Hey Bravo, I'm sorry if I offend or upset you!! Genuinely sorry.:(
Nah, it's all good bro. :) I'm just a little saddened by the international perception of my country. It seems like there's a multitude of people all over the world who REALLY don't think fondly of the United States. It's a shame really; I feel like our government has somehow failed us in that regard.

Zhatan

Necromancer
Nah, it's all good bro. :) I'm just a little saddened by the international perception of my country. It seems like there's a multitude of people all over the world who REALLY don't think fondly of the United States. It's a shame really; I feel like our government has somehow failed us in that regard.
Yes I would have to say that the way the American government handles foreign relations has had quite a negative affect on the way americans are viewed in general.

hairyjeff

Crypt Horror
Which is sad, because most of the actual people are great. Some have a blind spot about International Relations, but all countries have those.

Count Darvaleth

I <3 marmite
True Blood
Bravo_10 said:
I'm just a little saddened by the international perception of my country. It seems like there's a multitude of people all over the world who REALLY don't think fondly of the United States. It's a shame really; I feel like our government has somehow failed us in that regard.
Some might interpret it as jealousy... you've got quite a good slab of the world, after all. :thumbsup: