• Roll-up! Roll-up! Come one and all the fantastic Turning the World to Darkness painting competition. Welcome to any skill level, you can find out more here.
  • It's time once again to ferret out those murderous vampires in a new VAU - Vampires Amongst Us. A cross between Cluedo and a roleplay, sometimes gory and often hilarious! Find out more here.

An image tutorial on how to embed photos

Lynks

Lord of RAW
Staff member
True Blood
I see this question asked a lot so I thought I'd make this to hopefully provide an answer to those in the future.

In this short tutorial I'll show you how to upload an image and instead of providing links, or having it in the attachments section (which shows them as small thumbnails) you can embed them and make them look all big and pretty as part of your post.

First up, we are going to need an image uploading site, the one I personally use (and am showing you with) is TinyPic however some other popular ones are Photobucket and Flickr

For the ones who want a sneaky look into the life of lynks, I blanked out anything not connected to the tutorial so :tongue:

First up we need to head over to Tinypic. It's my personal choice because I don't do a whole lot of image uploading and it is quite quick and simple and doesn't require an account or login. If you plan to upload a lot of material, you should look into the other ones as they are a bit handier for mass uploading. It will look a little something like this.

Now you'll want to click on choose file for obvious reasons. It'll open up a nice little dialogue box where you simply choose the file you wish to upload. you'll see below it is the option to have tinypic resize the image. In general, you won't need to do this for uploading to Carpe noctem as images that are too large are automatically re-sized to fit the window. With that all done, all you need to do is click 'upload now', also for obvious reasons!

Now we get to our next page, what you'll want to do is copy the 'image code for forums and message boards'. Now all you need to do is paste the code into your post and your done!
alternatively you can take the 'url for email and IM' and click the 'insert picture' button at the top of the dialog box that you write your post in and it will put the
proxy.php?image=http%3A%2F%2F.....&hash=55d6edfa809553bb5c24c383d4a6f69f
code in for you.
proxy.php?image=http%3A%2F%2Fi49.tinypic.com%2F2h5s207.jpg&hash=40b6bd07f368fbf5b5e0c0d4c2169f46

And you are now done with this image tutorial on how to upload photos!
proxy.php?image=http%3A%2F%2Fi46.tinypic.com%2Fi6gsyf.jpg&hash=a5d0671e12a58af063125ac2773e30c5

You'll note at the beginning I posted links that have a custom title, you can do this by simply clicking the insert hyperlink button next to the insert image button at the top of the Dialog box and it will open a box where you paste the URL and then it prompts you to choose a title.

Thanks for reading!

I am definitely one of those people who had a hard time with this, and as soon as I read this I slapped myself. I'm a Graphic Designer, and I KNEW this, but I'm retarded, and completely forgot about it. So, in summary, I'm an idiot, and thank you. lol

Malochai

Staff member
True Blood
How, Lynks, could we not sticky this thread, in case people need a hand with this in the future ? :)