• It's time once again to ferret out those murderous vampires in a new VAU - Vampires Amongst Us. A cross between Cluedo and a roleplay, sometimes gory and often hilarious! Find out more and sign-up! here.

dongilles

Grave Guard
Mar 17, 2011
Hello all,

I want to read something abou the Age of Sigmar fluff so I downloaded the free primer (epub) from the Black Library to see the quality from the books. But I cant read then omy phone. All programs I use just shows me empty pages or one big letter on the screen.

Is there someone who can help with this problem?

Thanks

Sception

Master Necromancer
True Blood
Sep 23, 2009
Yeah, their new epub3 files are awful. Try downloading the 'phone' version (there's generally a 'phone' and a 'tablet' version, and the 'tablet' versions have all those problems for me - even when reading on my tablet).

Mostly, though, just do not buy digital books from Black Library anymore. Not the new ones. I always used to, but the new formatting makes them illegible on almost anything, and they sell different formats of the same book as separate products now, which they never used to (you used to buy the book, and then be able to download both epub and mobi for it), so if you get an incompatible format by mistake, you now don't even get a backup option. Plus the new files are much slower for some reason.

I was all for buying digital editions from black library, but I'm not anymore. It's garbage. You can get books from within the age of sigmar app, but that's terrible too, because their internal reader has no table of contents, no way to skip to a particular page, and doesn't remember what page you left off on; at least not that I could intuitively find.

So, at the moment, much as it pains me to say this, your best option for digital copies of any age of sigmar stuff is looking for pirated pdf torrents. I don't normally support piracy, but when the pirated stuff isn't just free, but a flat out better product.....

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

Quick Navigation

User Menu