• Roll-up! Roll-up! Come one and all the fantastic Turning the World to Darkness painting competition. Welcome to any skill level, you can find out more here.
  • It's time once again to ferret out those murderous vampires in a new VAU - Vampires Amongst Us. A cross between Cluedo and a roleplay, sometimes gory and often hilarious! Find out more here.

Angry Dooting and other assorted undead endeavors

lord marcus

Vampire Count
True Blood
So i started this thread on lustria.

I've been emboldened by the rise of the nighthaunt and am re-opening my conjoined tomb king/ other undead legions. for use in kings of war, because i don't play a high fantasy skirmish game.

essentially, the boys are getting back together to go on one mega murder spree.

currently 3 hosts within the legion:

The Royal Crimson host of Quatar

The host of the bloody tower

The Griefscream horde

over the last week or two I've developed a color scheme for the new boys in the griefscream horde.

evolution of the ghostly scheme in photos below. COMMENTS REQUESTED. Anything beyond the first post is updates.

@Disciple of Nagash I resized these in paint to 1k pixels

Borgnine

Staff member
True Blood
A full-on ghostly skeleton army? That's cool!

Glowing eyes are a very good idea. I would try red ones first, as red is a complementary color to that shade of ghostly, but orange works fine too :) Besides that, I am asking myself - why are the shields green too? I understand that the weapons are kinda different, as a tool used to put some hurt on your enemies, but why the shields? It's technically the same as armor, only held with hands instead of your whole body, so it should be green too, going by that logic.

But it could be just because it looks cool - because it looks cool, I'm just asking ;)

lord marcus

Vampire Count
True Blood
A full-on ghostly skeleton army? That's cool!

Glowing eyes are a very good idea. I would try red ones first, as red is a complementary color to that shade of ghostly, but orange works fine too :) Besides that, I am asking myself - why are the shields green too? I understand that the weapons are kinda different, as a tool used to put some hurt on your enemies, but why the shields? It's technically the same as armor, only held with hands instead of your whole body, so it should be green too, going by that logic.

But it could be just because it looks cool - because it looks cool, I'm just asking ;)
Mainly rule of cool. I also reasoned that anything that would either take or give out an impact would be green representing stronger Magic. Granted you are correct that the armor probably should be green in this instance but then again I haven't fully fleshed-out the lore behind this particular section of my Undead Legion

Borgnine

Staff member
True Blood
Those two shades of green do look cool! Especially on that big picture. Those big bases make for excellect background for your troops, the colors work very well together :)