• Roll-up! Roll-up! Come one and all the fantastic Turning the World to Darkness painting competition. Welcome to any skill level, you can find out more here.
  • It's time once again to ferret out those murderous vampires in a new VAU - Vampires Amongst Us. A cross between Cluedo and a roleplay, sometimes gory and often hilarious! Find out more here.

Anilar vs Johnny-Crass 2500 Wood Elf face off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anilar

Wight King
So I made two wounds, have a rank. You only made 1 wound and charged. So think you lost by 1, but your stubborn.

Anilar

Wight King
Not quite right. I can not claim steadfast, it says nothing about ranks.
Skirmishers are stubborn in a forest.

Have night shifts this weekend, so my online time will be rather sporadic.

Anilar

Wight King
Can you give me a the pages in the rulebook i need to read. Just learn better if I read them myself, please.

Anilar

Wight King
Well guess you have to make a end of turn map.

Im still rather confident that you get rank bonus in a forest.

Rule from river.
A unit at least partially in a river can never be steadfast (unless they are Stubborn). Additionally, units even partially in a river cannot claim rank bonus.

Rule from Forest.
A unit with the majority of its models fighting in a forest can therefore never be steadfast (unless it is Stubborn.) On the other hand, units of Skirmishers (and lone infantry characters) are always Stubborn if the majority of their models is in a forest

So there is still no mention on losing rank bonus in a forest anywhere, what I can see. I have looked through the FAQ too, couldn't find anything there too.

Anilar

Wight King
My treeman will charge your D1 dryads in the forest.
My D1 dryads will charge your D3 Dryads.
My D2 dryads will charge your treeman in combat with my treekin.
You can only do holds, only my D1 dryads need to roll for charge distance.

Anilar

Wight King
My end of movement. My Great Eagle GE2 on the right side of the map, isn't behaving, it has decided to auto correct facing towards your deployment zone, its supposed to look toward the right table edge.

Time for magic.

Anilar

Wight King
And I think I have ruined the placement of the other eagle that is close to your TM1. Was supposed to stay at an certain distance and angle so you were forced to charge the eagle or maybe stay still and shoot it. But with a charge you would have been forced to charge the eagle front and do a almost 90 degree turn/wheel so you treeman wouldn't have a straight overrun charge into my large Glade guard unit. Well nothing I can do about that now.

Casting 2 dice on Earth blood, can only target the wizard and her own unit.

Anilar

Wight King
Just reminding you throne of vines are still in effect.

Awakening of the wood on your TMA. 2 dice.

Status
Not open for further replies.