• Roll-up! Roll-up! Come one and all the fantastic Turning the World to Darkness painting competition. Welcome to any skill level, you can find out more here.
  • It's time once again to ferret out those murderous vampires in a new VAU - Vampires Amongst Us. A cross between Cluedo and a roleplay, sometimes gory and often hilarious! Find out more here.

Anilar(Wood Elf ) vs. Sweeney Todd(VC) 2500

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sweeney Todd

Master Vampire
True Blood
Look at my post above. I think you actually passed your Break test due to being Steadfast...

Check the BRB if you want. But that's the way it seems to me.

Anilar

Wight King
Im not sure when its normal, but im in a forest and a rank and file unit can never be steadfast in a forest. Thats for the skirmishers.

Sweeney Todd

Master Vampire
True Blood
Wait, stop. I think I already have the game, because GG1's flee move of 11 inches is just enough to touch the table edge. Do you agree?

Anilar

Wight King
I disagree, remember the entire rear rank was killed, together with my banner and bsb. So 11 inches stops me just short of the table egde, at least according to the Rulers I can place on the map

Sweeney Todd

Master Vampire
True Blood
Anilar said:
I disagree, remember the entire rear rank was killed, together with my banner and bsb. So 11 inches stops me just short of the table egde, at least according to the Rulers I can place on the map
Yes, well in that regards there was a little mistake I made I didn't tell you about. I removed 2 models from GG1 thinking it was a glitch like the units flying all over the place. But I forgot to take into account the presence of your general and BSB. So GG1 will have 11 models remaining(3 died from the miscast, 8 died from combat, so 11 guys left including BSB and general)

Sorry :redface:

EDIT: Uh, why did your BSB die? I didn't hit him with any attacks

Sweeney Todd

Master Vampire
True Blood
OK, but if my reading comprehension and math aren't wrong, if your banner and BSB die you also lose. Your army has 6 fortitude(2 from general, BSB and 3 banners from the 3 GG units). GG3 is dead, as is GG1's banner and your BSB, so you have lost 3 fortitude. You have 3 fortitude left, and the breaking point is 3 fortitude for a 2500 point game.

Sweeney Todd

Master Vampire
True Blood
Somehow feels like I browbeat you into giving me a win instead of getting it the old-fashioned way...

What sealed your loss IMO is your not moving the general and BSB out of GG1 when you had the chance. You could have done one better than what you mentioned, by having them join GG2 or just run around by themselves somewhere out of line of sight. You had me in a vice, so after you guaranteed their safety, all you needed to do is stall for time with which to kill off either the Blood Knights or the Zombies, and then you win.

PS: When I think about it, my removing 2 of your models feels really underhanded. Sorry about that.

Anilar

Wight King
Yeah my BSB should have hightailed it into the tower, so he had free use of his Hail of doom arrow.
Had thought I would have you down to only the vampire lord in my last round of shooting, so my stand and shoot reaction could have been potential deadly to your general.

Sweeney Todd

Master Vampire
True Blood
True, I was very lucky to still have my champ alive after your turn 3 shooting and the charge reaction. But the odds were that you won't have killed my Lord through stand and shoot even if he was by himself.(average of about 0.98 wounds dealt to him through SnS, I just punched it into a calculator I had lying around nearby).

Anilar

Wight King
Aye, im still learning when it comes to wood elves. Got a better hang on the eagles, and I think i did the correct thing, getting rid of your dogs relatively fast. Would have forced a few panic tests if it wasn't for the undead nature of your army.

Guess you can lock down the thread.

Sweeney Todd

Master Vampire
True Blood
Your Eagles did their job. And your flying Noble was good too. I should have prevented him from holding up the Blood Knights at a critical juncture by moving my Zombies to screen their flank and rear, but somehow I didn't see it coming. That was probably the biggest mistake I made this round and it could very well have cost me the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.