• Roll-up! Roll-up! Come one and all the fantastic Turning the World to Darkness painting competition. Welcome to any skill level, you can find out more here.
  • It's time once again to ferret out those murderous vampires in a new VAU - Vampires Amongst Us. A cross between Cluedo and a roleplay, sometimes gory and often hilarious! Find out more here.

Anilar(Wood Elf) vs Zanos(Lizardmen) 2500 pts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anilar

Wight King
I hope I started this correctly, there is a dice roll in this forst post, just a practise run for me.

I have a little hope Zanos, that you will make the map and battlefield.

Zanos

Vampire Count
True Blood
Alright, here. I tried to make it all jungle/foresty, but I don't have much experience in that. Also, open lists?

Anilar

Wight King
I think open list is best, at least for a first game for me. So I better can see what is doing what.

Board seems fine from a wood elf point of view, guess it aint that bad for the lizards either.

Zanos

Vampire Count
True Blood
Yeah, I was trying to make it seem like Lustria was invading your forest. Or the other way around.

Anilar

Wight King
Ill post my army list sometime during the weekend. The hills are they just ordinary hills, or we gonna roll for them, using the terrain generator??. And the brown hill to the left, is that a hill or you thinking it should be some crater or swamp thing. It could easily go for that too. Im fine with what ever.

About rolling for mission, is that done before or after people post there armylist. Not that in my case would change anything, just wondering if it is something that have been discussed. Forexample a wood elf player could easily find other places to place his points on banners, if he knew he wasn't going to play blood and glory.

Bishop

Master Necromancer
True Blood
Lists should be created and posted before the mission is rolled, for that specific reason. Up to you guys though :D

Zanos

Vampire Count
True Blood
I was thinking they were all just normal hills and forests. As for mission, my store usually just does generic kill things, but they also have the seeming inability to do anything besides team games that take 6 hours. So, up to you.

Anilar

Wight King
Well my friends and I use the rulebook battlefield terrain generator, so we get a good cluttered battlefield of deadly and evil terrain. And we usually roll one of the mission in the rulebook. But we can do ordinary kill each other off, and no dancing moving bloodsucking trees. Im easy I can embrace both battlefield philosophies.

Anilar

Wight King
My army, heavily influenced by various inspirational sources.

2500 Pts - Wood Elves Roster

1 Wood Elf Highborn,(Always Strikes Last; General; Hand Weapon; Longbow; Great Weapon)
1 Armour of Fortune
1 Stone of Rebirth
1 Crown of Command

1 Spellweaver, (Level 4 Upgrade; Hand Weapon; Longbow)
1 Dispel Scroll
1 The Rhymer's Harp

1 Wood Elf Noble (Battle Standard Bearer), (Hand Weapon; Battle Standard Bearer)
1 Armour of Destiny

1 Wood Elf Noble, (Always Strikes Last; Hand Weapon; Longbow; Great Weapon; Light Armour; Shield)
1 Great Eagle (Flyer; Stomp)
1 Dragonhelm
1 Amaranthine Brooch
1 Potion of Foolhardiness

19 Glade Guard, (Musician Mus; Standard Bearer Std; Hand Weapon; Longbow)
1 Lord's Bowman (Hand Weapon; Longbow)
1 Banner of Eternal Flame

10 Glade Guard, (Musician Mus; Standard Bearer Std; Hand Weapon; Longbow)

10 Glade Guard, (Musician Mus; Standard Bearer Std; Hand Weapon; Longbow)

14 Wardancers, (Musician Mus; Immune to Psychology; Magic Resistance (1); Skirmishers)
1 Bladesinger

6 Tree Kin (Causes Fear; Flammable; Scaly Skin; Stomp)

8 Dryads (Causes Fear; Skirmishers)

2 Great Eagles, (Flyer; Stomp)

5 Wild Riders of Kurnous,(Musician Mus; Standard Bearer Std; Spear; Light Armour; Fast Cavalry; Magic Resistance (1))
5 Elven Steeds

Zanos

Vampire Count
True Blood
Alright, well when I get a chance I will post my list and we can do this, it's just one of those painfully hard bits of school I'm going through right now. And we can have dancing bloodsucking exploding trees, if you want :D

Anilar

Wight King
No hurries im not running anywhere.

I prefer using the rulebook scenarios.
Maybe let 2 woods on each side be mysterious, so there is some normal safe ordinary forests on each side.

Zanos

Vampire Count
True Blood
Alright, that sounds fine. I'd also just like to say that I'm still kind of unfamiliar with fantasy in general, so sorry if I derp anything up. I suppose I'm going to learn fantasy by playing on here :D

Slann mage priest, cupped hands of the old ones, BSB, sun standard of Chotec, Loremaster, free power die to every spell, lore of fire

52 temple guard, full command, Standard of Discipline

24 Saurus, FC

24 Saurus, FC

24 Saurus, FC

2 salamanders

2 salamanders

I'll let you roll for mission, if you want?

Anilar

Wight King
Thats Meeting Engagement. Ill give you a chance to read up on it. And if you really don't like the mission we can do a reroll, I want it to be a enjoyable game for both of us.

First getting my hand on a lizard men army book tomorrow, so just a quick question have you bought various upgrades like light armour, shields, different weapons to your troops or do they come with more than scaly skin, cold blood and hand weapons.

Zanos

Vampire Count
True Blood
Normal saurus come with 5+ scaly skin and HW/shields, Temple guard come with 5+ scaly skin, halberd, shield, and light armor.

Also, I'll go ahead and read up on the scenario, but I think I'm fine with it. It seems like all the missions do is train you to be prepared for anything :D

Anilar

Wight King
Interesting list you have by the way, not a type of army composition I have met before. And im not quite sure what to do against 52 templeguards, and im assuming the Slann will make a appearance in that unit too. :perv:
Also gonna be interesting to see how effective fire is against me, usually playing against Light, when meeting Lizardmen.

If you say good for the mission, we have to do a roll off, to see who choose quarter and deploy first.

Status
Not open for further replies.