• Roll-up! Roll-up! Come one and all the fantastic Turning the World to Darkness painting competition. Welcome to any skill level, you can find out more here.
  • It's time once again to ferret out those murderous vampires in a new VAU - Vampires Amongst Us. A cross between Cluedo and a roleplay, sometimes gory and often hilarious! Find out more here.

Another Necrotic Neophyte Here

Hello everyone!

After a marathon weekend session of Vampire Counts in Total Warhammer last week, I've been bitten with the WHFB bug again, but this time it left fang marks in my neck!

In the past week I've already gotten so many conversion/painting ideas from this board, so thank you everyone who's been posting those over the years! I can't wait to introduce you guys to the necrotic nepotist Matthias von Korvin and his Host of the Dread Crow! :D

Welcome! What kind of Undead army are you going for? I get the impresision of "vampires," based on your comment, but what else can you say? And also, what rules set are you planning to play? Age of Sigmar? 9th Age? Legacy? Kings of War?

Welcome! What kind of Undead army are you going for? I get the impresision of "vampires," based on your comment, but what else can you say? And also, what rules set are you planning to play? Age of Sigmar? 9th Age? Legacy? Kings of War?
You're dead on! I'm going with vampires. The book I was looking at while thinking my army over was the 8th Edition one. I'm not sure how what people in my area play anymore, I've been out of the scene for a number of years. But I always had the most fun making army lists and building/painting/converting anyway.

If you want some more details about the army, I named them after the Hunyadi family from 15th century Hungary. Lore wise, they're an ancient Sylvanian noble house who became vampires at the time of Vlad. Matthias and Ladislaus von Korvin, the older and younger sons respectively, killed their father after he refused Vlad's offer of vampirism and accepted it for themselves. Their castle and lands are in an unusually cold and mountainous region of Sylvania, so I'd like the army to have a icy look. A lot of black, white, and light blue, with snow and ice here and there and a frozen, blue-skinned look for everything that still has its skin!

Other characters will be Janos von Korvin, their great-great-great-great grandfather, now a Wight King, Master Necromancer Ditmar Mortismender and his apprentice Arisztid the Posthumous, and Szilagyi the Sacristan, a ghoul king who dresses in robes and acts as the court's farcical priest of Morr.