• Roll-up! Roll-up! Come one and all the fantastic Turning the World to Darkness painting competition. Welcome to any skill level, you can find out more here.
  • It's time once again to ferret out those murderous vampires in a new VAU - Vampires Amongst Us. A cross between Cluedo and a roleplay, sometimes gory and often hilarious! Find out more here.

Anyone got any stupid lists?

Chaos_Born

Master Necromancer
True Blood
I was wanting to try out an experimental all cavalry Orcs and Goblins list, because it looks like a hoot to use. Essentially what I'm looking for is an equally fun but silly/noncompetitive list to play. That way we can both have a laugh, with no real competitiveness to quash the fun of using silly lists:)

How 'bout it? Anyone else out there like unconventional and totally noncompetitive 'barrel of laughs' games?

Chaos_Born

Master Necromancer
True Blood
Sure Johnny, what list would you be using though? Remember that it must be at least reasonably noncompetitive, ie won't steamroll a fluff driven list. It can be okay, but not something you'd consider taking to a tournament

Chaos_Born

Master Necromancer
True Blood
Actually, how about this. I'll post up my list and then you can decide how bad it is, and make a list to match it. You can make a list that will easily steamroll it, but that'll just end up being boring for everyone involved

hairyjeff

Crypt Horror
Don't let him fool you, johnny. O&G cav lists can be a bitch to fight- even fluffy ones. My youngest son does one, hordes of spider riders and wolf riders- it's a nightmare.

Chaos_Born

Master Necromancer
True Blood
See, it just sounds stupid to me. A horde of wolf-riders doesn't so much sound terrifying as comical! The only reason I'm doing it is because I never use cavalry, so I wanted to remedy that in an unorthadox way. Of course if you (Johnny) feel that it's a strong list, feel free to use a strong list against it.

hairyjeff

Crypt Horror
The combat ability isn't too hot- they're goblins!- but the sheer number of flank and rear charges is devastating!

Bishop

Master Necromancer
True Blood
I could toss something silly and fun together for a silly game.

Might be slow-ish though. I've got 2 (well, 3 games) going (if our multiplayer game ever happens)

Chaos_Born

Master Necromancer
True Blood
I think, since I've played you twice Johnny, I'll give Bishop a go.

If you could make the map and stuff Bishop, my army is here is you can make as silly or competitive a list you think is it's level.

Bishop

Master Necromancer
True Blood
Game thread is here...

https://www.vampirecounts.net/Thread-Bishop-Brets-vs-Chaos-Born-O-G-2500-pts

I'll need sometime for a list and map... let's just say... beware of peasants!

Chaos_Born

Master Necromancer
True Blood
Cool Bishop thanks.

I'll still give your chariots a game when we've finished our current one though Johnny