• Roll-up! Roll-up! Come one and all the fantastic Turning the World to Darkness painting competition. Welcome to any skill level, you can find out more here.
  • It's time once again to ferret out those murderous vampires in a new VAU - Vampires Amongst Us. A cross between Cluedo and a roleplay, sometimes gory and often hilarious! Find out more here.

AoS - Deathrattle (General's Handbook)

Hey everyone! Just recently got back into Warhammer and man do I ever love the new rules!

So I've been agonizing for awhile over which faction I want to main and have settled down on Death. I can finally field an all skeleton army and have some fun! Also, I can also field Zombies and have them be decent!

Below are a few lists I've thought up. Please let me know if something is off.

Deathrattle (1000pts)
Wight King - Black Axe - Gen
Wight King - Infernal Standard
Skeleton Warriors x40
Skeleton Warriors x10
Skeleton Warriors x10
Grave Guard x10
Black Knights x5

Command Trait: Ruler of the Night: Add 1 to the dice roll to see if wounds are negated by the Deathless Minions battle trait.
Artefact: Ring of Immortality on General

** If allowed to use battalion warscrolls I would most likely drop 5 grave guard for the Deathrattle battalion warscroll for the extra movement.

================================

Deathrattle (960pts) - The Midnight Hunt
Wight King on SS (Gen)
Wight King on SS + Inf Stand
Black Knights x10
Black Knights x10
Black Knights x5
Dire Wolves x5
Dire Wolves x5

Command Trait: Supernatural Horror: Double the number of models that flee from enemy units if they are within 10" of your general in the battleshock phase.

=================================

Not Deathrattle (880pts - 120pts reserve for summoning) - Night of the Living Dead
Necromancer (Gen)
Wight King + Inf Stand
Zombies x20
Zombies x20
Zombies x20
Corpse Cart
Corpse Cart
Dire Wolves x5
Dire Wolves x5

Command Trait: Ruler of the Night: Add 1 to the dice roll to see if wounds are negated by the Deathless Minions battle trait.
**NOTE: Don't forget that zombies can voltron to become powerhouse units. Then you can just summon another unit with your necromancer to hold objectives.
***NOTE: Try to keep your necro surrounded by zombies. This will give him a armor save with cover(5+), then his invuln Death faction save(5+), then his roll to move the wound (4+). Then you move it to the zombie unit and they make their death faction save (5+)

Those are the first three lists I've come up with. I'm trying to stay clear of the battalion warscrolls as even though the deathrattle warscroll is good and I want to use it. My group does not play with them right now as everyone is starting up and we are playing for fun.

Oppenheimer

Crypt Horror
Black knights aren't partiality good. I might either leave them out or at least put them in a group of 10 so they can act as a tar pit which is all they're good for now.