• Roll-up! Roll-up! Come one and all the fantastic Turning the World to Darkness painting competition. Welcome to any skill level, you can find out more here.
  • It's time once again to ferret out those murderous vampires in a new VAU - Vampires Amongst Us. A cross between Cluedo and a roleplay, sometimes gory and often hilarious! Find out more here.

Apects of Nagash

I am currently reading the "Spear of Shadows" by Reynolds. The story features a vampire character who helps the servants of Grungni (a party of adventurers sent to find an artefact) for her own reasons.

There is a dialogue where she tells Volker, a young Ironweld engineer, that gods are not men and contain multitudes. She then describes different aspects of Nagash:

1. Nagash unbound, a titan of death rising the dead around him in a field of corpses.
2. Nagash-Mor, calm and silent, weighing the hearts of dead souls against a feather.
3. The Forlorn Child, who leads those who die before their allotted time to gentle slumber.
4. The Black Priest, who gives succour to those whose deaths are too painful to be borne.

What do you think?
P.S. I also recommend the "Auction of Blood", a short story connected to the "Spear of Shadows" plot. The protagonist is an agent of Neferata.

MasterSpark

Nostalgian
Staff member
True Blood
I'm not familiar with most of the Warhammer novels but I like the idea put forward here. From the End Times and on Nagash basically absorbed and became the god of death himself, and with that I suppose he had to assume the duties that come with the role. It would make sense that in the new age Nagash is less of a power-hungry warmongerer and instead part of the natural balance.