• It's time once again to ferret out those murderous vampires in a new VAU - Vampires Amongst Us. A cross between Cluedo and a roleplay, sometimes gory and often hilarious! Find out more and sign-up! here.

TobinRoss89

Wight King
Jul 2, 2009
Arlington Tx
So I was wondering how many of us undead are going to be throwing down at this years ard boyz? Im hoping to make the finals and would like to see how well the players of Carpe Noctem do this year. I plan to make it to central time zone finals and hope to see some of you guys there.

Zanthor

Ghoul
Jun 22, 2010
Good luck,

I hope your skill can overcome the weakness of the army book. I'll be taking my VC as well, but I'll likely just be a warm body for WoC and DoC to walk over.

TobinRoss89

Wight King
Jul 2, 2009
Arlington Tx
Our book is by no means a weak book. It is as strong as DoC and WoC we just dont play the same way as we used to, once you adapt you will see that those two books are not a problem.

TobinRoss89

Wight King
Jul 2, 2009
Arlington Tx
Fair enough, I will just have to show by making to the finals with my vampires. :tongue: We should get a thread up keeping track of those of us that make it to each round and what army we used.

TobinRoss89

Wight King
Jul 2, 2009
Arlington Tx
Maybe Im as crazy as Konrad but I think were better than ever to be honest and so far my games agree with me and the Bols crew agree with me if you know/care about them.

Zanthor

Ghoul
Jun 22, 2010
I've seen some wacky comments coming from the BoLS crew, particularly when it comes to "tiering" armies.

Bottom of the barrel? Certainly not. My Tomb Kings are currently fighting with Wood Elves for that low position! :)

O&G have gotten better, but since mine is primarily cavalry and chariot based, well... <<<<nerf>>>>

IMO the top tier armies are Daemons (still by a long shot), Empire, and then Warriors of Chaos.

I do definitely wish everyone well, and I'm not completely sorry that our army book has been reduced. After all, I put away my VC because they were TOO powerful for quite some time, and then Daemons came out, and they were all but useless against that book. There have been plenty of times to balance the books, and VC took hits at every FAQ, while the Daemons were pampered. I mean come-on! If any book should get the "unstable" rule, it should be Daemons! But enough whining, hopefully on to winning instead!

Nov 7, 2007
I am taking my vamps to Ard Boys and based on my test games over the last month or so, I will have to agree with TobinRoss89 regarding our current power level. Once I was able to shake off all my lingering 7th edition tendencies and really tune the list for 8th, I haven't lost a practice game and there isn't much that poses a serious threat to my list.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

Quick Navigation

User Menu