• Roll-up! Roll-up! Come one and all the fantastic Turning the World to Darkness painting competition. Welcome to any skill level, you can find out more here.
  • It's time once again to ferret out those murderous vampires in a new VAU - Vampires Amongst Us. A cross between Cluedo and a roleplay, sometimes gory and often hilarious! Find out more here.

Ard Boyz !! - A bit early I know

Sept 26 is Prelim.
Its 3000 points of Fantasy goodness and just the right field for us. Cheese is encouraged and even asked for! I fully intend and hope to see lots of Regen, Helm, Book, Wraiths and GG out there ! Maybe even the Uber Blood Knights !

Anyway thought Id throw it up and maybe generate discussion.

Check the GW Website for more

Onikaigo

Vampire Lord
True Blood
'Cheese is Encouraged'? That turns me off right there.

I'm planning on playing in the 'Ard Boyz, since they're actually holding a tournament on Island! It's going to be small, maybe 12 people, but still, my first real tournament scene! I'm gonna take my Vamps and have fun, not bring the cheese, and just see what happens.

I don't know if I quite have the models for 3K, at least not the list I'd want to take. It's going to be Model count restricted. xD

Anubis

Wight King
Onikaigo said:
'Cheese is Encouraged'? That turns me off right there.

I'm planning on playing in the 'Ard Boyz, since they're actually holding a tournament on Island! It's going to be small, maybe 12 people, but still, my first real tournament scene! I'm gonna take my Vamps and have fun, not bring the cheese, and just see what happens.

I don't know if I quite have the models for 3K, at least not the list I'd want to take. It's going to be Model count restricted. xD
well, the 'ard boyz tournament is designed to be a giant cheese-fest... it's al about generalship - no soft scores like army comp, sportsmanship, painting and such.
if you've never been to a tournament before, then i don't recomend the 'ard boyz as your first one!

the thing to remember is, it's ment to be a rock hard, knock the other guy into the ground style event! but everyone is equal in this approch, so it's not like your average tourny where you're not totally prepared to face the hoards of 'uber competitive/broken lists...

i just might have to try for this myself! that is of corse, if there's any heats in the GTA here in ontario...

cheers!

Anubis said:
it's al about generalship
It may be about battle points, but it really isn't about "generalship". Its about taking a nasty daemon army and abusing the people that didn't bring a daemon army.

I dont know about all that. Ive been in the ard boyz 40k and the last fantasy one. People build hard but its still scenario based and that always has an effect. And Ive always believed that no army is unstoppable without a good general and a hefty helping of luck o the dice.

Why do people think the demons are unbeatable? They aren't.

By that logic, demons should would every tournament since they have been released. Oh, well... how come they haven't been first place in any of the major tournaments? please explain that to me!

tw1386 said:
By that logic, demons should would every tournament since they have been released. Oh, well... how come they haven't been first place in any of the major tournaments? please explain that to me!
Look at the results of GW tournaments, which are about the only large tournaments that have no sense of comp score. Daemons dominate the upper ranks of GW tournaments to a silly degree.