• It's time once again to ferret out those murderous vampires in a new VAU - Vampires Amongst Us. A cross between Cluedo and a roleplay, sometimes gory and often hilarious! Find out more and sign-up! here.

Balvine

Skeleton
Feb 29, 2008
This is a log for my undead army. The army of Imbibo Von Cruor. I started with a skeleton unit of 15 models and tried some colour choises for my army and decided that I liked blue the best.

ai187.photobucket.com_albums_x41_Balvine1_Pikku_ukot_SkeletonUnit.jpg

ai187.photobucket.com_albums_x41_Balvine1_Pikku_ukot_SkeletonUnitFront.jpg

ai187.photobucket.com_albums_x41_Balvine1_Pikku_ukot_SkeletonUnitFlank.jpg

Then I jumped to the Corpse Cart. Not that happy about the painting because I made many mistakes on it but I love the model.

ai187.photobucket.com_albums_x41_Balvine1_Pikku_ukot_CorpseCart.jpg

Sorry about the blurness of the pictures but I don't have better ones yet. Next will be my Wight King Army Standard Bearer and a unit of 15 Grave Guards with great weapons.

-Balvine

The Dark Sheep

Master Vampire
True Blood
Feb 8, 2008
Hmm... Me thinks it looks cool, but the blue might be a bit too bright for long dead warriors. Anyway it is a really original idea. Me likes:D

Zephyr

Master Necromancer
True Blood
Mar 3, 2008
Rotterdam
Looks really good; the blue really is a surprising choice of color on undead but works really well.

Apr 26, 2008
Nebraska
Yeah, it is very nice looking, there is something about the skeleton with the white hair that looks really good. I can't wait to see how you go about doing your Vampire; are you planning on converting one, or are you going to use an existing model?

Balvine

Skeleton
Feb 29, 2008
Thank you for your replies. It's nice to hear people like them :D I aggree that blue colour for the undead will strike out too much, for many of you, but I hope that when the whole army is put together it will look awesome :)

For the vampires I will use existing models. Vlad, Winged Lord and one model from Rackham that I liked. The Wight King will be a conversion of some sort from Grave Guard, OK, Skeleton and TK Horsemen sprues :grin:

Raodus

Ghoul
May 7, 2008
Texas
Very nice army. I am going the blue route as well although my blue is just a little lighter I think. Hard to tell in a photo. Either way, great job, can't wait to see more pictures.

N1AK

Vampire Count
True Blood
Apr 21, 2008
Really like the scheme, and the painting.

The way you have done the weathering on weapons is fantastic (especially on the guys pulling the corpse cart). Don't suppose you'd like to share your secret? (beg/plead).

Balvine

Skeleton
Feb 29, 2008
If you mean how I did the weapons on the pullers then it's quite simple. I just mixed little Vermin Brown to Boltgun Metal and with the result painted the metal areas. Then I highlighted the edges of the blades with Mithril Silver. I'm not sure about the mix ratio 'cause I tend to just paint when the mix looks good :rolleyes: Pretty simple, eh? But looks descent when the opponent looks at them, on the otherside of the table :grin:

-Balvine

mIKErs 1085

Zombie
Jan 11, 2008
Illinois
When I started my undead a few years ago, there was a guy who had an army with a blue theme like yours. To this day I still think it was one of the best looking armies I've ever seen!

Keep the blue I think it looks great!

Balvine

Skeleton
Feb 29, 2008
Been awhile since I updated, but here's my work from last month:

First, a Wight King BsB. It has been converted useing bits from TK horsemen and Grave Guard sprues. The Flag has been taken from Ogre Bulls :) Not really that happy about him, because I think I could've done better. Will probably add a cape made from GS sometime.

ai187.photobucket.com_albums_x41_Balvine1_Pikku_ukot_WightKing.jpg

Here is the base I build for him. He is on two normal 20mm base glued together so it fits more perfectly in an infantry unit. He is going to the Grave Guards, after all :D

ai187.photobucket.com_albums_x41_Balvine1_Pikku_ukot_Base.jpg

Finally, my 15 Grave guard. I didn't wash the bone areas with brown like I did on skeletons, because I didn't want to make them look like they just rised from their graves.

ai187.photobucket.com_albums_x41_Balvine1_Pikku_ukot_GraveGuard.jpg

Sorry again for the quality of the pictures. This really is as good as it gets
:( Hope you enjoy :grin:

Trevy the Great

Vampire Progenitor
True Blood
Mar 2, 2008
A place somewhere.
I like that Wight King. The base is great. I have to ask, however, why are you putting the cavalry model into the infantry unit? Wouldn't it be more productive to simply have an infantry BSB?

N1AK

Vampire Count
True Blood
Apr 21, 2008
Vekarin the Dark Bladed said:
I like that Wight King. The base is great. I have to ask, however, why are you putting the cavalry model into the infantry unit? Wouldn't it be more productive to simply have an infantry BSB?

+2 armour save

Wight King: Heavy Armour, Shield, Barded steed = 2+ save.

If you take a magic banner you can't buy magic armour to protect them.

The Dark Sheep

Master Vampire
True Blood
Feb 8, 2008
Now that is one impressing wight lord BSB. Very original look.
What parts did you use? the banner and legs look awsome.

Balvine

Skeleton
Feb 29, 2008
Thank you everyone for the positive feedback. I really appreciate it :D

@Vekarin: The mount is indeed for the extra save as N1AK said.

@The Dark Sheep: The legs were taken from the TK horsemen and I used GS to make the armour around it. It's not that impressive looking IRL. The banner is from Ogre Bulls sprue.

Balvine

Skeleton
Feb 29, 2008
Hello everyone. Here is another update on my progress with the vampire counts. As promised it will feature the Vargulf of my army. Hopefully you'll like it :D.

ai187.photobucket.com_albums_x41_Balvine1_Pikku_ukot_vargulf2.jpg

ai187.photobucket.com_albums_x41_Balvine1_Pikku_ukot_vargulf3.jpg

ai187.photobucket.com_albums_x41_Balvine1_Pikku_ukot_vargulf4.jpg

ai187.photobucket.com_albums_x41_Balvine1_Pikku_ukot_vargulf.jpg

-Balvine

fbi_boy

Skeleton
Jun 14, 2008
i really like the color scheme on the varghulf! looks better than the regular black/dark grey imo!

Danceman

The Devil in Pale Moonlight
True Blood
Aug 19, 2007
solid shading, solid highlighting, solid colours. Very nice work man. Very nice work indeed.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

Quick Navigation

User Menu