• Roll-up! Roll-up! Come one and all the fantastic Turning the World to Darkness painting competition. Welcome to any skill level, you can find out more here.
  • It's time once again to ferret out those murderous vampires in a new VAU - Vampires Amongst Us. A cross between Cluedo and a roleplay, sometimes gory and often hilarious! Find out more here.

Baleful Realmgate Rule query

Eyeless

Wight King
Hi guys.

I got a rule I need clarification with. The Baleful Realmgate Hazardous Journey. It says when you make a journey you can set up your unit within 6" of any table edge or another realmgate. Does this imply you can set them up even if they are within 3" of any enemy models? Like the summoning / ambushing / reinforcements all specify that you strictly can't be in X" range of the enemy. Or does it conflict with the generic rule that you can't move within 3"? Got an ongoing tournament the next 6 weeks and I want to be all set up with tactics.

Thanks everyone.

Demian

Vampire Count
True Blood
I would think that, regardless of additional context, no unit may be within 3'' of another unless it declared a Charge.

Summoning /ambushing restrictions always limit your placement of new units to beyond that point so it doesn't conflict with it.

Eyeless

Wight King
@Demian In the meantime I also asked on the AoS facebook official page and the answer was that yes, currently you can teleport right into combat since there is no restriction. They will pass it along to the rules guys in case they want to amend anything but for now you can. My guess is that it's a risk - return tactic and to be fair it would be fairly easy to counter the gate if you could just position your troops in a way that he can't emerge from the gate. don't forget you'r risking to lose entire units just by travelling in there! not the mention the explosion if a double is rolled on the gate.

Demian

Vampire Count
True Blood
Oh! alright then!

I can see why you could, given the risk involved and to make it way more menacing. Thanks for the clarification! =D