• Roll-up! Roll-up! Come one and all the fantastic Turning the World to Darkness painting competition. Welcome to any skill level, you can find out more here.
  • It's time once again to ferret out those murderous vampires in a new VAU - Vampires Amongst Us. A cross between Cluedo and a roleplay, sometimes gory and often hilarious! Find out more here.

Banner of Sundering(DoC FAQ) Good news for VC

Danceman

The Devil in Pale Moonlight
True Blood
IoN are not considered apart of the Lore of Vampires. Neither is Drain Magic but that is not for us obviously.

And as far as for our undead cousins, the nehekharan magic is not considered to be a lore and so remain completely unaffected by banner of sundering and the tzeentch spell glean magic.

Our unlife just got a lil bit easier against the Daemonic Legion.

Full DoC faq ; http://uk.games-workshop.com/news/errata/assets/wh/2008_Daemons_FAQ.pdf

All the more reason for Daemonic generals to use the Despair Banner in conjunction with the Masque and a Keeper to 'automatically remove' entire units of undead at a time.

Danceman

True Blood
Sure if you tailor lists to face undead but I'm playing under the premiss that not all DoC players use the keeper... the masque... and the banner. Also, whats the point of your post? Just brought the news of the FAQ and we didnt have to worry about the sundering banner as much, so what if they can take another combination of items. They can also take the banner of chaos glory and other gifts ;) Also the fact remains it is a common item for DoC players to take for magic defence.

The Dark Lord Mr Fluffy

Master Necromancer
True Blood
The new FAQ is mad! Still leaves a few grey points open: like a S10 Blood Thurster and Van Horsemans speculum (or however you spell it)

Auto moving the undead - thats not right.
Skulltaker gets even more broken

danceman said:
Sure if you tailor lists to face undead but I'm playing under the premiss that not all DoC players use the keeper... the masque... and the banner. Also, whats the point of your post? Just brought the news of the FAQ and we didnt have to worry about the sundering banner as much, so what if they can take another combination of items. They can also take the banner of chaos glory and other gifts ;) Also the fact remains it is a common item for DoC players to take for magic defence.
*sigh*
I just can't win.

Danceman

True Blood
Mainly beacause my post was over the top and unfair, dunno where that came from.

I was only trying to bring awareness to a nasty little combo that is particularly effective against Vamps; rather tongue-in-cheek on my part at the expense of daemon players reputation at being able to find horribly effective combos despite contrary solutions or adjustments that their opponents find – in this case, an FAQ making a standard a little less effective against Vamps only to switch standards to something even nastier. I’m surprised such a light-hearted comment upset you so. Sorry.

Disciple of Nagash

The Perverted One
Staff member
There is no need to apologise Inspector, as usual your information was welcome and helpful, it is true that with this FAQ some Daemon Players will switch to other combo's. I just think Dancerman was having a bad day...........

The FAQ wasn't too bad this time, though the fact that daemons are allowed to use multiple magic weapons etc is still ridiculous in my eyes, as if greater daemons aren't powerful enough already, the way I read the FAQ means IoN can't be chosen at all, I know some people played you can choose Lore of Vampires which would not include IoN or Necro spells which applied to the three necromancy spells which included IoN, would I be correct in my assumption this is no longer possible?

Fodderboy

Master Necromancer
True Blood
"These spells are considered not be be part of any spell lore, and so therefore cannot be affected."

I like the last 3 words. IoN is free from tampering.

>> insert happydance here <<

Danceman

True Blood
Well, it can be affected just not mean such as effects which attack a specific lore. It will will suffer from for example the Casket of Souls.

The Inspector : It's I should I apologize, and so I will. Sorry for lashing out like that, it was uncalled for and childish.

N.I.B

Master Necromancer
True Blood
To have IoN go clean from Sundering is a relief. But the ruling on Siren Song is horrific, not only did it become the most broken 25 points in the game, they are wrong in their assertments too.
ITP units can never flee
Wrong. ITP units can never flee as a charge reaction. There is, in fact, nothing that says Undead can never flee. ITP units aren't the same as unbreakable. I wouldn't be surprised if they had to get back to this one, like they did on the Moonstone issue.
But mostly it's just silly that ITP/unbreakable units are affected at all, when they happily can ignore the Rune of Challenge which cost the same. It's a huge difference.

Incidently the horribly broken Standard of Chaos Glory (12" stubborn) that more or less makes the whole daemon army unbreakable, would get more interesting (as Sundering get less). BUT - it will give stubborn to enemy Daemons as well! This is excellent news, as it won't be that interesting to take to a tournament - I mean why give the enemy DoC army the benefits of your expensive investment when you wont benefit from his -2 to enemy Ld banner, for instance?

Lord Fear

Master Vampire
True Blood
That was a pretty silly ruling with Siren Song. I can imagine the situation now.
"My Keeper Sirens in your Dryads"
"But they're ItP..?"
"Doesn't matter, FAQ says ItP units can never run away."
"Combat, 4 Dryads dead, break test at -5"
"Ah, but that FAQ you used just told us ItP units can never run away. So they don't run away. And oh look my Treeman Ancient's gonna flank you now."
"WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!!!"

In other news: hooray for the right ruling on IoN not being part of the Lore. I've been playing it as being affected for a while now, knowing that it shouldn't be part of the Lore, but doing so because I heard it would rule against IoN. Damn, I actually lost games as a result of that one!

N.I.B

Master Necromancer
True Blood
Yeah, Aussie players apparently had email correspondance with Alessio Cavatore that Sundering would affect the free spells, and they were spilling it all over. Guess he changed his mind. Lesson for us - don't believe anything before the FAQ is out.

Very happy about IoN.

Not bothered about Siren Song one bit, if the Daemon player wants to tarpit his herald/ Keeper down with a unit it can't break then I'll be happy to let them.

If they have a unit within charge range to use the song on then that means I'll have units within charge range to flank them with.

chris_havoc

Vampire Count
True Blood
I can imagine that Siren Song would be exceedingly annoying when he uses it on your Blood Knight screen. Though it's a bit of a catch 22 for the Keeper using it. They're ITP themselves and I can honestly picture someone using it on some Blood Knights and then saying haha I flee... oh wait... :'(