• It's time once again to ferret out those murderous vampires in a new VAU - Vampires Amongst Us. A cross between Cluedo and a roleplay, sometimes gory and often hilarious! Find out more and sign-up! here.

MedMos

Ghoul
Sep 15, 2015
Lundby, Sjælland
As the title suggests, has anyone tried halberds on the Barrow Guard? I haven't had a game yet, and hardly played 8th, so am not very familiar with what is out there. I would however like to get some games in soon.
Great weapons hit harder of course, and with I 3 in a usually big block that can take some casualties and still dish out the pain, is it ever worth it? Was just considering my options, I have the GW Grave Guard with great weapons on, but they could be used as halberds I figure.

Any thoughts? Experiences?

TMS

Staff member
True Blood
Nov 26, 2008
Sweden
I'll be using halberds on my barrow guard, although like you I've not gotten any games in yet. The big thing with halberds is the syngergy it gets with lightning reflexes from a cadaver wagon. Together with the banner of the barrow kings you'll be hitting on 2+. Great weapons with lightning reflexes would get to hit at initiative order instead of a further +1 to hit.

Mad 'At

Dumb enough to work
Staff member
True Blood
Apr 2, 2011
Grödinge
@MedMos: I think @MasterSpark hit the nail on the head. It depends on the rest of your list and mainly on weather you have a Cadaver Wagon or not. If you can reliably give them Lightning Reflexes, the Halberds are better. Otherwise you could just as well got for Great Weapon, cause you are unlikely to be faster than anything that matters anyway.

MedMos

Ghoul
Sep 15, 2015
Lundby, Sjælland
Thanks for the replies. I was thinking of having a cadaver wagon behind them, and a von Karnstein Lord with the Ancient Blood Power. So in that scenario I guess the halberds are really worth considering...

TMS

Staff member
True Blood
Nov 26, 2008
Sweden
Yeah, that's a good plan. With stormcaller you're even covered in that one round where you really need it but everything got dispelled or the cadaver wagon got blown up.

Reactions: MedMos

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

Quick Navigation

User Menu