• Roll-up! Roll-up! Come one and all the fantastic Turning the World to Darkness painting competition. Welcome to any skill level, you can find out more here.
  • It's time once again to ferret out those murderous vampires in a new VAU - Vampires Amongst Us. A cross between Cluedo and a roleplay, sometimes gory and often hilarious! Find out more here.

Battlelines from sub factions

Someone at my store today said that because I was using flesh eater allegiance in order to make flayers battleline I can't have any of the death allegiance benefits (like artefacts and the death ward save).

Is that how you guys have been doing it?

If so, that makes the sub factions that don't have any of the new allegiance rules totally not worth it for the additional battleline.

See I'd love to agree there but it seems to say otherwise to me. I'm looking at page 156:

"When your army qualifies for more than one allegiance - e.g. all of the units are Order and Stormcast Eternal - you must choose which allegiance your army will use before each game. These restrictions aside, you can use allegiance abilities whenever and wherever you play your game if AoS"

See I'd love to agree there but it seems to say otherwise to me. I'm looking at page 156:

"When your army qualifies for more than one allegiance - e.g. all of the units are Order and Stormcast Eternal - you must choose which allegiance your army will use before each game. These restrictions aside, you can use allegiance abilities whenever and wherever you play your game if AoS"
Errata:

Page 106 - Change the last paragraph to read:

(...)

"You must record the allegiance abilities for your army when the battle begins, before setting up your first unit. You can choose to take either the allegiance abilities for the allegiance your army belongs to, or the allegiance abilities for the Grand Alliance your army belongs to."