• Roll-up! Roll-up! Come one and all the fantastic Turning the World to Darkness painting competition. Welcome to any skill level, you can find out more here.
  • It's time once again to ferret out those murderous vampires in a new VAU - Vampires Amongst Us. A cross between Cluedo and a roleplay, sometimes gory and often hilarious! Find out more here.

Beastie!

Ophidicus

Vampire Count
True Blood
From early days of infancy, through trembling years
of youth, long murky middle-age and final hours
long in the tooth, he is the hundred names of terror -
creature you love the least. Picture his name before
you and exorcise the beast.

He roved up and down through history - spectre
with tales to tell. In the darkness when the
campfire's dead - to each his private hell. If you look
behind your shoulder as you feel his eyes to feast, you
can witness now the everchanging nature of the beast.

BEASTIE!!

Games Workshop
The Games Workshop Newsletter 14.11.2009

Incoming! Beastmen

In the dark places of the world, the Beastmen have been gathering in number and in February they will unleash their rage on the Warhammer world with renewed vigour. A feral army of twisted monsters, the Beastmen have inhabitant the dark forests and wild places of the world since such places existed. To lead a Beastmen army is to field vast herds of braying, brutish beasts who worship Chaos in all its forms, and who fight to level the civilised world.

This will be the first time ever that the Beastmen have had their own, completely stand-alone, army list. The forthcoming Warhammer Armies: Beastmen is full of twisted monsters old and new, and an all-new lore of magic. The Beastmen are the original inhabitants of the Old World: in February 2010 they come to reclaim it from the hands of Men.
Incoming! Beastmen

proxy.php?image=http%3A%2F%2Fi39.photobucket.com%2Falbums%2Fe194%2Fmichaelc79%2FBeastmen_EN_550x756.jpg&hash=4a94f73a6633ec814d94fe35f04aa197

Make sure you check out December’s White Dwarf for more on the Beastmen.

(Cheers to Avian @Warseer for direct link to pic)

Disciple of Nagash

The Perverted One
Staff member
Can't say that I'm impressed with the front cover. The chest and the arms make them look too human like, they should have been a bit more hairy.

Disciple of Nagash said:
Can't say that I'm impressed with the front cover. The chest and the arms make them look too human like, they should have been a bit more hairy.
Now that you've drawn my attention to this, I agree completely.
Needs more muscle and hair, rawr :mad:

But, I do like that "gut blade" belt hes got there :devil2:
Can't wait to see all the goodies inside, and if they prove to be truley...beastly :vampire2:....then I might just pick up a second army.

I am glad though, that they are actually pushing out armybooks and codices rather than still focusing on a bunch of 40k expansions.

Ghouly

Liche
True Blood
Why does the Beastlord have a Axe shoved down the front of his pants, plus he isn't ripped enough nor hairy enough looks to much like a Smooth-skin

Onikaigo

Vampire Lord
True Blood
That's just an Ogre Gut plate on a smaller scale. >( I'm not too impressed as of yet, it fits the 'I'm a tribal, combat based race that favors axes' to a T, so I guess it's what Beastmen hoped for.

Master Vampire

Master Necromancer
True Blood
Seriously, that gut plate. How the hell is he going to kill anyone with it? It's blooded, but it's way too clumsy... You have to fully expose yourself to get anyone spiked on there.... it's... just... fail.

The hairless beastman... I hope they won't turn into Take That in edition 10 or something, that would really offset me. I guess they try to really live up to the myth. IIRC, they look at lot more as described in myths and stories.

The Dark Sheep

Master Vampire
True Blood
I liked the previous cover with the warm colours and the huge, dirty and smelly monsters. This one looks too cold, and the beasts reminds me more of men wearing fur trousers and masks. And you call that tiny thing he wields in his right hand an axe? It's more like a little toy... Now the rest of the book better be good.

One good thing is that I was reminded to check my e-mail though xD.

Master Vampire said:
...You have to fully expose yourself to get anyone spiked on there...
Isn't that exactly what it's doing ;)

Master Vampire said:
Seriously, that gut plate. How the hell is he going to kill anyone with it?
I think it's more of a trophy-spike than anything.

Anyway, I do like the new cover. Not as nice as the last one, but it is certainly not bad either.

Sanai

Stylish Deviant
True Blood
I think a gut spike would suit beastmen. They dont care about exposing themselves, as long as they get to rip the enemy to pieces.
Looks like a decent cover.

Disciple of Nagash said:
I second that. Beastmen might be excused, but hairless Minotaurs? Seriously?
Can't say the overall artwork is bad though, just think it will be much nicer if the beastmen look more like the bottom left one.

Marcus Von Drac

Vampire Thrall
Mmmm, As said I am not too impressed with the Hairless beastmen, however I can forgive that.
What I CANNOT forgive is the Minotaur to the right! Seriously! Its HAIRLESS!!! Minotaurs have hair!!! That better not be a clue as to what the models look like.

Danceman

The Devil in Pale Moonlight
True Blood
Gonna be interesting where they take the beasties, lore-wise as well. Yes, I've taken it upon myself to never use the word "fluff" again. Anyways, have there suddenly been beastmen since the dawn of time? Would that mean that beastmen arent really men who turned into beasts anymore? Hope GW have a good explination for this bit, or perferbly just a lil thing to make Beastmen sound more "awesome" before the release.

Cover works, looks like Beastmen and they're doing beastmany stuff.

Arkhan

Grave Guard
The cover looks really bland compared to previous edition.

Actually I do think that most covers have looked pretty bland during the whole 7th edition compared to 6th.

Arkhan said:
The cover looks really bland compared to previous edition.

Actually I do think that most covers have looked pretty bland during the whole 7th edition compared to 6th.
I think they are going for the whole "Down to main point" type of style.

It's a beastly..man...on a rampage who has clearly gorged many foes.
That's what this army is. Done o_o

doombunny666

Black Knight
I meant from a different angle...

If it does look like htat then I may vomit he looks like an Opera singer at the end of a performance.....

Zephyr

Master Necromancer
True Blood
That cover almost looks like a hoax as the spear through the beastman's leg looks pasted over the lobbed off heads behind it. It has no depth...eh maybe just me though; spent too much time behind Photoshop lately and my mind is still copy-pasting everything it sees :lol:

I wonder what it will do rules-wise; I used to play Chaos but quit after they split everything up in three different forces. I loved to add in units of Beastman and Daemons with my Mortals and Chaos just feels a bit bland now:(

Ghouly

Liche
True Blood
Tell me about it when they split them into three different armies I had to go out and buy a bunch of models to make My chaos hordes legal

Sirihar

Crypt Horror
Nothing new in Decembers WD apart from the fact that the Beasts will be looked at in February's issue.

I hope that they do release some other little previews before then.