• It's time once again to ferret out those murderous vampires in a new VAU - Vampires Amongst Us. A cross between Cluedo and a roleplay, sometimes gory and often hilarious! Find out more and sign-up! here.
Feb 2, 2020
Arendal
Hi all!

I just started my journey towards an AoS LoN Army. As a start I have decided to get a playable 1000 points army consisting of 20 skeletons, 20 Grave Guards, 10 Dire Wolfs, 2 Vampire Lords, and 1 Necromancer. So far I have 10 skeletons, and I have ordered the vamps, the necro and the wolfs. I will in this log keep track of my army building progress.

Feb 2, 2020
Arendal
Here is my first ten skeletons.
Painting scheme:
1. Abaddon Black as undercoat.
2. Entire model drybrushed with Mournfang Brown.
3. Bones drybrushed with Ushabti Bone.
4. Bones drybrushed with White Scar (highlight).
5. Wood drybrushed with a mix of Mournfang Brown and Ushabti Bone (highlight).
6. Metal drybrushed with Auric Armour Gold.
7. Clothes drybrushed with Mephiston Red.
8. Clothes drybrushed with a mix of Mephiston Red and White Scar (highlight).
9. Fixing mistakes and painting details.
10. Bases painted with Mournfang Brown, with coffe glued to the bases.

Attachments

• Skeleton Warriors (1).jpg
    Skeleton Warriors (1).jpg
    159.7 KB · Views: 26
  • Skeleton Warriors (2).jpg
    Skeleton Warriors (2).jpg
    147.6 KB · Views: 28
  • Skeleton Warriors (3).jpg
    Skeleton Warriors (3).jpg
    184.8 KB · Views: 29
  • 20200216_204606.jpg
    20200216_204606.jpg
    145.8 KB · Views: 27

Shadespyre

Vampire Count
Aug 11, 2012
The dessicated look of the bones is only enhanced by the clever use of coffee, which looks great. I hope you're going to spray varnish that, cos I hate to think what would happen if they got damp...?

Reactions: Eduard Bernstein
Feb 2, 2020
Arendal
I have a question if any one is reading this. I just bought 5 Blood Knights and they arrived today. The box came only with 5 square cavalry bases. My question is: Can I play with these bases in AOS or do I need to buy oval ones for my Blood Knights? They where bought at GW's online store btw. Thanks in advance.

Farmer7574

Vampire Count
True Blood
Dec 10, 2013
England
@Eduard Bernstein First time dropping by your PLOG - you’ve got a nice start to your army here.

Your skeletons are looking cool. And I did read that right, you’ve based them using coffee? I think this is the first time I’ve seen coffee used as a basing material but it’s worked out well :)

You should totally consider varnishing them for the reason @Shadespyre mentioned, however I’d test the varnish on a test base first to make sure it seals without any issues (I don’t think coffee was the first material in their mind when manufacturing their product).

I’m also looking forward to seeing those blood knights. And I agree with @Shadespyre ; base them on ovals to be consistent.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

Quick Navigation

User Menu