• Roll-up! Roll-up! Come one and all the fantastic Turning the World to Darkness painting competition. Welcome to any skill level, you can find out more here.
  • It's time once again to ferret out those murderous vampires in a new VAU - Vampires Amongst Us. A cross between Cluedo and a roleplay, sometimes gory and often hilarious! Find out more here.

Bishop Steps Down as Administrator

Disciple of Nagash

The Perverted One
Staff member
Sadly, I can't always post good news :(

It is with regret that I announce the stepping down of Bishop as Administrator here on CN.

Bishop has been a long term member and has greatly contributed in many ways to the great forum we have to do. However as with many of us, myself very much included, real life can snatch us away.

Many of you have noted that Bishop has been absent for some time now, therefore I made the decision to retire his appointment.

Whilst it was not an easy decision, my own real life problems in the last year highlighted to me how important it is to have active staff members to continue to grow the site, hence my resurgence and active work on the new software.

Once the new software is installed I will be taking the time to fully review CN's staff, and will likely look at appointing a second administrator to support me in running CN.

I wish Bishop the best of luck, and hopefully he will be able to pop back and see us soon!

Disciple of Nagash

Count Vashra

Lord of Shadows
True Blood
:( Goodbye Bishop. May the night be long and the blood run free where you go.:vampire3:
Translation: Goodbye Bishop. I hope you prosper in what you are doing in real life, and enjoy yourself. And I hope you have time to come back for a visit We'll always leave a coffin open for you!

Seneschal

Liche
True Blood
I wish Bishop all the best and thank him for his service. May he live a long (presumably eternal) existence. Cheers to a great member of CN.

Irisado

Ancient Vampire Lord
Staff member
True Blood
It's a shame to see him go, I remember enjoying helping him out with his Eldar tactics thread. I understand the reasons why though. Hopefully, he'll be back at some stage.

It makes me wonder if it might not be worth having a badge other than true blood for retired staff to highlight their past contribution to Carpe Noctem. There are probably more important things to consider with the upcoming software change though.

Disciple of Nagash

The Perverted One
Staff member
An excellent suggestion, certainly something I'll look into at some point in the future, as you are right that the new software is currently my main focus.

Irisado

Ancient Vampire Lord
Staff member
True Blood
I can always raise it again in the future once the new software is up and running, and the inevitable glitches are sorted out. Raising issues again is very fitting for undead players after all ;).

Bishop

Master Necromancer
True Blood
Life has just been way to busy between family and work. I'm sure that it has happened off and on to a lot of people. Hopefully, my work will calm down.. We are relocating an office of 200 people and 4 server racks to a new location, so obviously work has been silly :D

Due to these issues, I haven't done much in the way of the hobby either. Not online, and not in real ilfe.

I will try to pop in from time to time for a visit. Figured I should respond and let everyone know that I'm ok, just very busy :D

It's been fun and an honour to serve.

Best of luck everyone!
~ Bishop