• Roll-up! Roll-up! Come one and all the fantastic Turning the World to Darkness painting competition. Welcome to any skill level, you can find out more here.
  • It's time once again to ferret out those murderous vampires in a new VAU - Vampires Amongst Us. A cross between Cluedo and a roleplay, sometimes gory and often hilarious! Find out more here.

Black Coach comeback??

bigbadbat

Harbinger of Dandelions
True Blood
So with the Magic of the End Times rules (4d6 magic phases) Does the Black Coach find its way back into some lists?

Seneschal

Liche
True Blood
It was fun and sassy against Wood Elves and a surprise for most opponents who had no idea how to deal with one for awhile but with the coming of the new combined chaos armies and eternity king lists, we will be facing more firepower on a regular basis. Every chaos army is toting double skullcannons and the elves are running more RBT's than ever so I wouldn't field one.
Of course, if your meta isn't like that, than it's a different story.

najo

Mortarch of the Dark Soul
True Blood
Powers up WAY faster. Still awesome vs MSU armies. Doesn't do much against regiments. Black coach needs to do a ride through attack like hexwraiths equal to it's impact hits.

Last edited:

GDD

Grave Guard
I like it, but what it really needs is an updated model :tongue:

But yeah. Good point. I guess it would also help to have a casket, but at that point you are struggling with your rare allowance. If it was special it would be awesome.

Your average magic phase would be 14-15 dice with that setup though. So it should be maxed on average by around turn 3?

Malisteen

Master Necromancer
True Blood
I did not see it appear much under storm of magic, and was not overly tempted to run one myself. As such, I doubt it will feature heavily under end times magic. Especially when you could be spending those points on, say, a heirotitan and/or mortis engine, allowing you to really crank out the spammed invocations.