• Got some models to paint? Want to do it as a challenge in a group who help and encourage each other? Join our Tale of Painters - Third Edition. Any models, any army!

Boo's Angels Vermillion

Boo

Vampire Lord
True Blood
Hey there!

The first army I ever painted or played in my life was Blood Angels, way back in 3rd ed. I was young and the blood red marines really caught my eye and I loved the fluff and everything about them. It was a time when the Angels raged across the board, beyond control. Brothers were lost at the eve of battle to join the death company and if you were unlucky and terminators fell to the black rage. Those were the days. I had a crapload of marines. Painted bright red. I was not a good painter, not at all. But I finished each and everyone of my models.

Then I forgot about my loved Blood Angels. Only 8 years later would they resurface when myself and a friend for some reason were rummaging through the attic. So I decided to repaint them, not in the bright red manor but in a darker more sinister tone and the Angels Vermillion suited me perfect.

This Christmas I received the new Blood Angels codex and I felt the urge to pick up my dear Angels Vermillion once again. I had with the previous codex 1500 pts of finished marines and now with the updates and new models I looked over my list and wrote a new one. This one is based upon what I currently have so that I can get right down to gaming again. I know that it might not be optimized but I aim to keep it less cheesy than what I man can do. This is my first list with the new 'dex.

The list, 1000 pts.
Reclusiarch
Jump pack, melta bomb
150 pts

Sanguinary Priest
Jump pack, power weapon
80 pts

Death Company 5 st
jump packs, power fist
160 pts

Baal Predator
Heavy bolters Assault Cannon

Tactical Squad 10 st
Meltagun, power fist, missile launcher
200 pts

Rhino
Storm bolter
50 pts

Assault Squad 10 st
power weapon, melta bomb
205 pts

And I will shortly get up pics of what I have finished for this army. Most of it is painted one year ago.

All the best,
Boo

Santawraith

Master Liche
True Blood
OHhh blood angels I was always tempted to use that codex for my khorne army. (tempted I said) If I wasn't already in love with the salamander's I would of got blood angels as my space marine army. Looking forward to seeing them boo.

Boo

Vampire Lord
True Blood
Cheers Santa! :D

I thought I would upload my 500 pts list that I've got finished.

Reclusiarch
Jump pack, melta bomb
150 pts

Death Company 3 st
jump packs
105 pts

Assault Squad 5 st
power weapon, melta bomb
120 pts

Assault Squad 5 st
power fist
125 pts

"And as Gods they shall be, awed and feared equally, in their descent from the heavens, none spared the wrath of the Angels of Death"

Reclusiarch (yet to be named)
ai222.photobucket.com_albums_dd189_ododen_500ptsHQ.jpg

Death Company
ai222.photobucket.com_albums_dd189_ododen_500ptsDC.jpg
(I know the pic did not come out very well... :tongue: )

Reclusiarch and DC
ai222.photobucket.com_albums_dd189_ododen_500ptsDCHQ.jpg

Assault Squad 1 (yet to be named)
ai222.photobucket.com_albums_dd189_ododen_500ptsT2.jpg

Assault Squad 2 (yet to be named)
ai222.photobucket.com_albums_dd189_ododen_500ptsT1.jpg

And there we are. I just need to finish two more DC to complete my 1000 pts force! All these were painted over a year ago, so it's not quite the standard I paint today, but I do not have the patience to re-paint them, again! :D

All the best,
Boo

Santawraith

Master Liche
True Blood
They look good Boo But I do look forward to your new ones you plan to paint too. This makes me want to go get my blood angels from the space hulk box.

Disciple of Nagash

Oldblood
Staff member
Yeah I want to see your new models painted as well, you skills have come on a lot since your first models so will be great to see how they turn out now.

untitled_musketeer

Vampire Count
True Blood
Looking good Mr. Boo! I too, look forward to perusing the next instalment of sanguine delights! I've always had a soft spot for Blood Angels and especially for the Vermilon!

Cheers,

u_m

Goggalor

Necromancer
OOh more angels! Like the models. Lets see more and newly painted.

Boo

Vampire Lord
True Blood
Cheers guys! :) thanks for the kind words!

And here are some more pictures of the army. I'm currently making a 1500 pts force for a small tourny that are about to go down soon, in march.

I present to you the newest additions.

Let His wrath fill our hearts. Death, war, and blood!

Furioso
ai222.photobucket.com_albums_dd189_ododen_Dreadfront.jpg

ai222.photobucket.com_albums_dd189_ododen_Dreadside.jpg

Tactical squad
ai222.photobucket.com_albums_dd189_ododen_Tac2.jpg

Devastators
ai222.photobucket.com_albums_dd189_ododen_Dev.jpg

Got some more stuff coming up shortly.

All the best!

TMS

Nostalgian
Staff member
True Blood
Thumbs up on your marines, Boo. Let's hope they'll treat you well at the tournament in return! :thumbsup:

Boo

Vampire Lord
True Blood
Cheers MS! :)

And Hello again there,

I've made a 1500 pts list and I've bought the new DC models. Awesome awesome sculpts, let me tell you! nice work GW! :)

New list:
Reclusiarch
130 pts

Sanguinary Priest
Jump pack
75 pts

Death Company 8 st
Power fist, 2x power weapon
215 pts

Rhino
50 pts

Baal Predator
Heavy bolters Assault Cannon

Tactical Squad 10 st
Meltagun, multimelta
175 pts

Rhino
50 pts

Assault Squad 8 st
Power fist, meltagun
189 pts

Assault Squad 8 st
Power Fist, Meltagun
189 pts

Devestators 5 st
4 x missile launchers
130 pts

Furioso
Heavy flamer

Also, I've managed to get some more DC ready for battle, plus that I have finished one of the Assault squads, more pictures to come in other words! :)

New Chaplain. This is the Lemartes model. It is awesome.
ai222.photobucket.com_albums_dd189_ododen_Chaplainwip1.jpg

New DC
ai222.photobucket.com_albums_dd189_ododen_DCwip.jpg

Finished DC (where I've exchanged the JPs for normal backpacks and given them a rhino to ride around in) I know that the picture is kind of badly composed, but I will get a better one when they are all finished.
ai222.photobucket.com_albums_dd189_ododen_DCdone.jpg

Only got the chaplain, 3 more DC, 2 jumpers (who are halffinished) to paint and them I'm home free!

All the best,
Boo

Goggalor

Necromancer
Are you using the lemartes model as a normal chaplain with a normal back pack or with a jump pack? The model itself is great and really dynamic. Your basing is nice too.

Boo

Vampire Lord
True Blood
I am using him as a normal Chappy, for now might make him Lemartes in 2000 pts. :) He will have a regular backpack and go in the Rhino with the DC :)

Cheers for the feedback Goggalor! :)

Boo

Vampire Lord
True Blood
Oh and Double post! Got some paint splashed on the Chappy :)

ai222.photobucket.com_albums_dd189_ododen_Chaplainwip3.jpg

Wooh! :)

All the best,
Boo

Nikos

Vampire Count
True Blood
Nice work, Im liking the devastators and dreadnought especially. :thumbsup: Are you not tempted by the DC dreadnought?

Boo

Vampire Lord
True Blood
Cheers Niko! :) And let me tell you that I am very tempted by the DC dreadnought, so tempted that I've decided to include him in 2000 pts. But that is in the future... sadly. ;)

But Now I've got some more pictures. A finished Sanguinary priest and some more work done on the chappy. Enjoy! :)

Priest
ai222.photobucket.com_albums_dd189_ododen_IMG_4152.jpg

ai222.photobucket.com_albums_dd189_ododen_IMG_4154.jpg

ai222.photobucket.com_albums_dd189_ododen_IMG_4153.jpg

Chaplain still wip but now with even more paint on!
ai222.photobucket.com_albums_dd189_ododen_Chaplainwip3_1.jpg

So still got some stuff to paint. Now only 3 regular and 3 DC left to do.

Also I've got some finished stuff that are yet not snapped pictures of, oh and I now realized that the first pictures in this thread are snapped a little bit too close to my marines so they look crappy and badly painted. Gotta fix that too someday...

All the best,
Boo

Boo

Vampire Lord
True Blood
Oh and double post! woot! Got some more work done on Mr Chaplain, but he is not done just yet. I am very pleased with how the gold and the bone turned out on him. :)

ai222.photobucket.com_albums_dd189_ododen_Chaplainwip4.jpg

All the best guys,
Boo

Goggalor

Necromancer
Really nice there. I like the lemartes without the jump pack. The colours stand out well against the black and complement your army. :thumbsup:

Boo

Vampire Lord
True Blood
Thank you very much Goggalor! :)

And now he is finished! :)

ai222.photobucket.com_albums_dd189_ododen_Chaplain1.jpg

ai222.photobucket.com_albums_dd189_ododen_Chaplain2.jpg

ai222.photobucket.com_albums_dd189_ododen_Chaplain3_2.jpg

ai222.photobucket.com_albums_dd189_ododen_chaplain4.jpg

Yay! Only got three more dudes to paint and then I've reach 1500 pts! :)

all the best,
Boo