• It's time once again to ferret out those murderous vampires in a new VAU - Vampires Amongst Us. A cross between Cluedo and a roleplay, sometimes gory and often hilarious! Find out more and sign-up! here.

Farmer7574

Vampire Count
True Blood
Dec 10, 2013
England
@Borgnine Absolutely stunning mate! Despite having taken that long, it's been worth it - you've made a masterpiece.

You've really pulled off the free hand on the cloak and all of your other conversions that you've done have came out nicely. (Have you painted his cape as flayed flesh? It looks wicked).

I like what you've done with the idols that represent the lores of magic too, they add some nice spot colours amongst the pallette you've gone for and they look pretty damn realistic. Lovely ethereal colour too (what are the bright colours you've used here? I'd love to play around with those with my inverted colour idea).

Looking forward to your next update!

Leithel

Grave Guard
Jun 3, 2015
Sydney
@Borgnine Mate that is purely amazing and the photos, even as amazing as they are, aren't able to do it justice. Colour me impressed.

Now that it's done, what are you planning on doing with it?

ObliviJohn

Vampire wood elf
Sep 19, 2011
Wow, outdid yourself on this one, what a centerpeice. So much detail. The cloak looks great and so does the crown, you recreated him into your own character. If architecture fails you can always go into the lucrative business of modelling miniatures. :) I like the look on the basing aswell, I guess I could go on telling you how I love every peice of it but I'll stop here. Awsome job.

Borgnine

Master Necromancer
True Blood
Jun 15, 2013
Pruszkow, Poland
@El Syf big thanks! Glad you like it!

@Adam_Barrow Thanks once again :) I also can't really believe he's done. It's like finishing a semester project ;)

@Farmer7574 It took really a sick amount of work, so it's good that it looks good ;) Yes, the bottom of the cape is done as flayed flesh with some additional faces on it - I did a photo of it all, but it didn't fit into already crowded composition. Shown below. The idols - glad you like them, I have somewhat mixed feeling as it introduces completely new colors into the composition and I usually like monochrome minis ;) Still, I had that idea and wanted to go with it and it was a cool training.
As for the light color on the etheral parts - well, it's the most basic enchanted blue, the most basic goblin green together with white - I mixed those three colors in various proportions to get the color on the ghosts. Sometimes I also used a bit of biel tan green to smooth it out. I don't have a particular color for it, sorry o_o

vRutCKE.jpg

@Leithel Big thanks! So you're saying I need to make even better photos? ;) Seeing as I don't have all of my army here in Germany I won't be doing any gaming here, so he will stand proudly on a shelf. Even if that wasn't the case, I become really disinterested in gaming after AoS and I like the modeling part even better. I just like collecting this stuff and spend time on it.

@ObliviJohn Thanks for all those good words :) I intend to go even further in this directon, creating my own characters, stories and minis xD Good that architecture is going quite well, I'd like to keep it as a hobby ;)

Sception

Master Necromancer
True Blood
Sep 23, 2009
Amazing. I don't know what else to say. The best conversion work and some of the best painting I've seen with this model.

Leithel

Grave Guard
Jun 3, 2015
Sydney
Oh no what I mean to say is that you can't really get the entire feel for a model like that without seeing it in person. The photos are excellent.

Sad you're not playing any more, not that Nagash would get much play time anyway.

Farmer7574

Vampire Count
True Blood
Dec 10, 2013
England
@Borgnine Cool, well the cape has turned out really well. Cheers for the colours you used on your ghosts :thumbsup: I'm (kind of) in the process of playing around with blue tones for my ethereals.

robtion

Vampire Thrall
Aug 23, 2011
Australia
@Borgnine Riiiiight... :o

Wow! Don't really have the word to express how impressive that Nagash is. As others have said already, you really outdid yourself on this one. Easily the best Nagash I have ever seen. Bravo :bowdown:

Borgnine

Master Necromancer
True Blood
Jun 15, 2013
Pruszkow, Poland
@Malisteen big thanks! I didn't have much competition in the conversions field as people usually take him as he is ;)

@Leithel fair enough ;) In person one can actually see all the basing stuff I've done, so it's a shame he won't be getting out of the house very often...

@Farmer7574 I don't know how my non-specific method will help, but I'm always glad to share what I know :) Good luck on the etherals.

@robtion @Shadespyre @InkubPendragon @Eyeless Big, big thanks for stopping by and comments :)

I posted my Nagash on coolminiornot and he's actually faring very good! I am extremely glad and surprised, seeing as I didn't have much luck on that page so far ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: Eyeless

Mad 'At

Dumb enough to work
Staff member
True Blood
Apr 2, 2011
Grödinge
Can't believe I haven't commented on your Nagash until now, but it sure is deserving of praise. Never quite seen anything like it, you've truly made something unique.

Also, congratz on making it to the "Top last 7 days" of Cool Mini or Not! Just saw it there while browsing.

Mioum

Crypt Horror
Jul 3, 2010
Very original take on Nagash, love it! Paint job is ace too, that kinda tempt me at painting mine :)

Good job!

Sessioni

Black Knight
Dec 29, 2014
The leather parts are awesome man, so disturbing, somehow it reminds me of Silent Hill videogame. The whole model is obviously awesome too :D I am also a huge fan of Dark Souls so this model has reached a level of epicness I seldom see. I would love to see your take on Zombie Giant ;)

Borgnine

Master Necromancer
True Blood
Jun 15, 2013
Pruszkow, Poland
@Mad 'At thanks! I'll always appreciate your praise :) He did really well on CMON and set quite a high standard for me in the future xD

@Infernal Skull Also a valuable praise from a Nagash conversion veteran xD Likewise!

@Mioum thank you :) Please do! xD

@Sessioni Thanks! I'm very glad you liked it and reminded you of all those things. Giant itself will go to the Orcs, but there will be some giant creatures being used as mounts for Mortis Engines - we'll see then how it'll turn out.

Last weekends were really packed with real life activities, so I haven't got much time to get much stuff going.... Some things got done, though ;) That conversion of a Nurgle Lord I talked about in the 'working on' thread is complete, I'll try to post it on weekend. Other than that, some big orders finally came! I'll do probably a review about a big monster I got from a largely unknown company from Malta ;) And I finally have a whole set of Gamezone Mournful Knights - these are beyond cool - and many other things. These will have to wait, there is a chariot to paint for the competition :rolleyes:

Reactions: Infernal Skull

Borgnine

Master Necromancer
True Blood
Jun 15, 2013
Pruszkow, Poland
Ok, a bit of progress to show at last - a converted Nurgle Lord, being used as the author of my stitched Crypt Horrors. At first I only intended to give him some knives and a bag, but while doing it I came up with an idea of giving him cut-off hands as his definitive feature. Also fits for my storytelling for this character ;) And is also the explanation why so many of my zombie ogres have weapons instead of hands xD

YmX5010.jpg

In the meantime the work on the corpse cart is slowly coming forward. I don't like it when there are so many different elements to paint, I get confused trying to devise a good sequence of painting them ;)

Reactions: Orlaster

Sessioni

Black Knight
Dec 29, 2014
@Borgnine First of all, that model is one of the coolest GW has to offer. And you just made it cooler, the cut off hands are so freaky. Some times less is more, but in this case the amount of hands makes this character fit in your army better (I'm referring to your take on Nagash, and the large amount of bones in it). I read the fluff of your Horrors, great stuff! Soooo disturbing, and I like it.

Borgnine

Master Necromancer
True Blood
Jun 15, 2013
Pruszkow, Poland
@Sessioni Big thanks! I'm glad you like it and that you actually read the story ;) It was inspired by witches from Witcher and Bloodborne and their fondness of collecting human parts, ears around the neck and eyes respectively:

2j2bp4o.jpg

In these cases more is more ;) And hands have also a lot of symbolic meaning to them as these and I have a lot of them in my bitz box, so this is a very good choice in my opinion.

@der vued haha! provided that he'll be willing to hand them over first ;)

@Mad 'At thanks! Kudos for noticing that before I painted it - even I forgotten about it when posting these photos. It's the mark I made for Baba Yaga - I intend to incorporate her or someone like her into my story later ;)

Adam_Barrow

Sleepless Knight
True Blood
Dec 25, 2010
Nashville, TN
Man, how do you keep taking top notch models and making them even better. I really dig the lore you've put into this guy. It's the kind of idea I wish I'd had, so that's high praise. Awesome stuff!

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

Quick Navigation

User Menu