• It's time once again to ferret out those murderous vampires in a new VAU - Vampires Amongst Us. A cross between Cluedo and a roleplay, sometimes gory and often hilarious! Find out more and sign-up! here.

Nagash Worshiper

Black Knight
Dec 24, 2014
Oh this is just brilliant stuff! Love the background for the minotaur! And it looks amazing! That guy carrying his head is also so cool! We need to see a picture with all these zombies together please! Nice work!

robtion

Vampire Thrall
Aug 23, 2011
Australia
Somehow only just came across your undead minotaur. He is brilliant. Great conversion and an interesting background to go with it. A+ :thumbsup:

Borgnine

Master Necromancer
True Blood
Jun 15, 2013
Pruszkow, Poland
I'm sorry for the late reply!

@Farmer7574 Thanks! I'm really glad you like them ;) Maybe I'll add some verdigris when I'll be painting wights, but most probably I'll leave it for the ancient ones. As for the Minotaur, yeah, they're not so popular. That horrid painting GW is showing on their site may be the reason - but they're cool models nontheless, lots of muscles to stick weapons into ;) Thanks for stopping by!

@Adam_Barrow Thanks!

@Nagash Worshiper Cheers! The whole zombie collecton is shown below xD

@robtion Thanks for reading the story and liking the mini :)

-------------------------------------------------------------

A long post incoming!

Instead of separating my zombie project into smaller parts, I decided to just sit and finish it all. It was a long time since I painted that much minis at once, but with some clever tricks, everything is manageable ;) They were ready a week ago, but I didn't manage to get the photos. I did them this weekend, but the damned weather in Berlin is making even this difficult... it wasn't a pleasant task ;) Still, the zombie project I started in may, before I got sick, is finally done!

I'll add some backstory later ;)

First, the shot of the whole unit. Actually only 90 wounds out of 100 here is new, remaining 10 is from the old regiment.

sXJgtEJ.jpg

And now, the command group miniatures. I wanted to be sure that I won't run out of cool bits to build those, so I did them first. 7 sets for 350 wounds worth of zombies. I still don't know whether I won't even reach that number or if I'll exceed it easily...

CU9jfVr.jpg

Then, the fillers:

uCUxtvZ.jpg

And the individual zombies grouped into their smaller teams:

SHrhQ6Z.jpg

And to finish it off nicely, a shot of them all :D

GfA3AI9.jpg

Thanks for stopping by!

Farmer7574

Vampire Count
True Blood
Dec 10, 2013
England
@Borgnine An extremely impressive horde of corpses, you ought to be really proud of those.

I like your experimenting with different armies & races you've included among your zombies - seeing Skaven, ogres, beasts, elves, etc is pretty inspiring and really adds to the horde-of-reanimated-corpses feel. Also, hats off to you for that filler with the three Zs carrying a Terrorgheist's head - they look as drunk as skunks :D

Keep up the great work, always a pleasure looking at your PLOG.

Sessioni

Black Knight
Dec 29, 2014
That has got to be the most awesome unit of zombies I have ever set my eyes on. I wonder how many hours you have spent painting those xD

Theerteen

Cheerful Cranium
True Blood
Aug 20, 2012
Germany
Boy...no words. If you'll ever have the chance to battle @Mad 'At , it would be the most awesome Zombie table ever. Just love it. And I'm SO stealing this giants ripped off arm crawling forward xD

robtion

Vampire Thrall
Aug 23, 2011
Australia
Wow! :bowdown:
That terrorgheist head idea is great :happy:
So good. Depressingly good even. Love the creativity, and as always, amazing execution :thumbsup:

Borgnine

Master Necromancer
True Blood
Jun 15, 2013
Pruszkow, Poland
@Unas the slayer Well, thanks! ;)

@Farmer7574 I am quite proud of them, at this point this project probably took more time and energy than Nagash ;) And putting all the different races into the zombie unit became like pokemon - gotta catch them all xD I think I still need to find a chaos dwarf and a fimir.

@Sharkbelly Glad you like them :)

@Sessioni Thanks! And I would rather not think about the hours sinked into this ;)

@Theerteen Cheers! It would be indeed a glorious table, especially with his zombies, but the battle itself, probably not so much ;) A single necromancer would raise them faster than they would be able to kill each other xD

@Shadespyre @robtion Big thanks too!

Nagash Worshiper

Black Knight
Dec 24, 2014
I had to revisit this thread for another look at the zombies ;) fantastic work! Any chance for a similar skeleton project a la Richter Kreugars Cursed Company? ;)

Borgnine

Master Necromancer
True Blood
Jun 15, 2013
Pruszkow, Poland
@Nagash Worshiper Thanks! Cursed Company is already in the zombie mix, I forgot to make a photo of them... I can't even imagine the amount of precise work needed to sculpt a similar amount of skeletons - so no, zombies are enough ;) And still, I want to be finished with those and resume all the other projects, not start another giant one ;)

-------------------------------------------------------

So, finally, after a better part of a year, I managed to finish the conversion work on the High Elf dragon. As you can see below, I covered almost whole beast with greenstuffed scales. It was a really long priject. The pointy ones on his back were added piece by piece - and I'm glad I won't have to do it anymore. The good thing is, this one doesn't need any mold line cleaning ;)

4KNbldK.jpg

Besides, I did a first draft of the base. The idea is to have the dragon push against some trees - it will reinforce the 'forest' theme I try to have in this army - and will make those hands a little busy, they look kinda weird as they are right now. I'm stll not sure if the trees should be broken like on the pictures, or maybe in the progress of getting uprooted...

vXHoGzE.jpg

Thanks for looking :)

Theerteen

Cheerful Cranium
True Blood
Aug 20, 2012
Germany
Yeeep, dis gon b gud! Great idea with the pushing hands, way better than the empty hands version! Really looking forward to this boy!

Nagash Worshiper

Black Knight
Dec 24, 2014
Oh this is just a new kind of awesomeness! Stunning work! The details! What a fantastic piece of work you've done! I agree with everyone else that the trees enhance the models pose with the arms.
For me, I think uprooted would look good! Like the picture in this link:
https://www.google.se/search?client......30i10k1.0.T06jI9zyjwo#imgrc=FW4vMpmDmFE6jM:
Still! Trees snapping would show the dragons tremendous strength at work! Looking forward to see what you go with :)

Sessioni

Black Knight
Dec 29, 2014
You Sir have been very patient with this project, impressive. The outcome is impressive too :D The scales look especially good. Do you use canola/olive oil when you are sculpting with GS? I wish I would have the patience of sculpting something so magnificent, the problem with this is that I lose the momentum and the motivation if the project takes too long, I guess I can't practice that :)

Shadespyre

Vampire Count
Aug 11, 2012
Two trees, so one snapping, one uprooting is plainly the answer ;)

Looks fantastic, worth all the work (especially as I didn't have to do that work!) :thumbsup:

Reactions: Theerteen

Borgnine

Master Necromancer
True Blood
Jun 15, 2013
Pruszkow, Poland
@Unas the slayer @Sharkbelly @Theerteen Thanks guys! I wasn't 100% sure about how it looks, but I guess it works :)

@Nagash Worshiper Cheers! An uprooted tree does look mighty cool - I was wary of making a hole in the base and using some branch bits for roots, but now that I look at those, this may be a good modelling challenge :) Either breaking or uprooting, both would show the dragon's strength. I guess it's a matter of physics and a tree in question whether it will break or be uprooted when such force is used on it...

@Sessioni Thanks! Patience is apparently my strong point - I hear it often - and I guess it helps on such mind-numbingly tedious task as this xD For sculpting I use just plain tap water - it dries fast and needs to be reapplied quite often, but I don't even want to think about cleaning up oil from the mini... As for the motivation - I did it with many long breaks during almost a whole year ;) - if you break a giant project with smaller ones it should be more bearable

@Shadespyre Thanks, I never actually though about that! But it seems to be a very good idea, I think I'll go with this ;)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You guys are probably the last people needing this announcement, but I started my own painting log on blogspot some time ago. It's basically everything that you can find in this Log, only with tags and easier archive. Even the color scheme is taken from Carpe Noctem ;) I will try to organize my army there, together with subfactions and backstories. I'll also try to post some tutorials. Of course, everything will be posted at the same time here ;) At the moment I still need to catch up with 5 years plogging on CN, so if you wan't to have a look at better photos of my old minis, you are more than welcome xD

Reactions: Nagash Worshiper

Farmer7574

Vampire Count
True Blood
Dec 10, 2013
England
@Borgnine I hadn't realized you'd been working on this one for so long, but since you've flooded your recent pages with a massive array of zombie conversions it's easy to forget where the time goes :)

The dragon's looking top notch. The scales really work well with the original pose of the miniature and the whole clawing-between-trees basing idea is cool, it's going to look awesome once finished!

Theerteen

Cheerful Cranium
True Blood
Aug 20, 2012
Germany
Every time I see that thing I friggin have the Dark Souls 1 Kite Dragon in mind. So much similarity, I love it.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

Quick Navigation

User Menu