• Roll-up! Roll-up! Come one and all the fantastic Turning the World to Darkness painting competition. Welcome to any skill level, you can find out more here.
  • It's time once again to ferret out those murderous vampires in a new VAU - Vampires Amongst Us. A cross between Cluedo and a roleplay, sometimes gory and often hilarious! Find out more here.

Brian Mages Vampires of Ulthuan (Elfland)

This is my army and the sole reason for getting into VC's - I've not played a game with them yet, as you can see, i'm a long way off points wise...

I have this on Ulthuan.net but i thought i should share it with you wonderful peeps!!

This project is purely going to be about "What units can I make look COOL and fit with GW parts available only for VC/HE".

BOO!

Fluff-wise, yeah, this can't strictly happen due to the Nature of a High Elf Soul, but i'm working around a story of some deep Necromancy behind their transformation in Vamps!

I started off with the Basics of any Undead Army (I'm from back in the day when thy were called Undead, not VC's!)
ZOMBIES!
The Zombies are a remshackle gathering of the recently dead Citizens Levy. Fresh (all be it in a increasingly putrid way!) from a battle against the Invaders of Ulthuan

Basically combined, Archers (plus some spearelf heads) with Zombies. Finding suitable hand weapons was a real pain in the bum. I ended up combining all-sorts. Bear hands, old swords, parts of Bolt Throwers etc etc. While this was mainly out of necessity, I think its actually added to the appearance.

Now to lead this Shambling Hoard there obviously need to be some Vampires!
Der der derrrrrrrr.....

As far as "out of the box" Elf heads go, i think these look the most Vampiric... and thats down to one thing... their mouth is open... Yep, they look a bit Bite-y! And thats about it. Combined Various Mage and Lord parts, stuck them on some smashed up slate from my front garden and hey presto, something resembling a Vampire!

The Vampire Blood Knights of Chrace
These models were the first thing i'd imagined when i stated trying to think about the concept of the army. Fluff wise they are the Young Chracian Monarcy, Jealous of the Macho attentions and Ledgendary Strength of their White Lion Warrior Servants, these guys fell for the promises of Everlasting Life and Incredible Strength - "Oh Young Prince, if you follow my path of enlightenment and dedicate your servitude to my House, I will grant you 3 Attacks & Strength 5 (although you may lose your ASF)"

And they are riding Lions! excellent.

And my personal favourite

These guys are a pain to build.
Lions, Lion Chariot Heads and Cloaks, Lord & Dragon Rider Legs, Silverhelm/LSG arms & Lances, Silverhelm shields.... Enough heat to bend plastic without causing it to burn and bubble...

Now SKELLIES!
These look the simplest, but actually nearly cost me my right thumb.

Fluff-wise... Valiant Soldiers of the realm. Given a hero's burial with full military honours, only for the blasted Vampire to raise them from a true peace we shall never know...

To make them. Basically just replace Skelly bodies with spearelf Bodies. However, beware! each neck and lower spine has to be individually cut of the torso and carefully glued onto the Legs so the body is not just glued to a pelvis. Thats why i've only got 10 so far... Also swapped the spear-tips too. much simpler job. I will be using HE shields, but i want to make sure they look very worn out.

Here is a Bale Fire Corpse Cart fresh from the fields of Tiranoc

Next are some Ghouls - I'm really not too sure about these. its the armour thing that putting me off... trying to avoid flagelent legs tho...
what do you think?

and finally here is my
Vampire Lord General
He lacks an armpit, but i lack some green stuff...

As usual, please give plenty of C&C!

Santawraith

Master Liche
True Blood
man those high elves are defiled I love what you have done. Its about time they get the taste of the darkness that is undeadth. Tell me u are doing something dark with tyron and teclis right.

I've recently converted my Tyrion in my HE army, i've made him into a Mage-Knight so unless i buy another, he is safe.

teclis on the other hand... Ha! He is will become nothing more than a lowly necromancer for this army. Its not a good ending for him! :devil2:

This is shaping up to be a really nice army, makes me wanna dig out my high elf spares and get creative (so far i've only based a couple as spirit hosts)!

Boo

Vampire Lord
True Blood
Brian Mage said:
I have this on Ulthuan.net but i thought i should share it with you wonderful peeps!!
And thank you very much for doing so! This is looking really great! :D I will watch eagerly to see how this one turns out. Oh and you should totally put one of these units in for the Golden Bat. ;)

Brian Mage said:
Yes, that's my name, don't wear it out! :lol:

Brian Mage said:
The Vampire Blood Knights of Chrace
These models were the first thing i'd imagined when i stated trying to think about the concept of the army. Fluff wise they are the Young Chracian Monarcy, Jealous of the Macho attentions and Ledgendary Strength of their White Lion Warrior Servants, these guys fell for the promises of Everlasting Life and Incredible Strength - "Oh Young Prince, if you follow my path of enlightenment and dedicate your servitude to my House, I will grant you 3 Attacks & Strength 5 (although you may lose your ASF)"
Brilliant! I love these, they are so full of madness and pure win. :thumbsup:

Brian Mage said:
teclis on the other hand... Ha! He is will become nothing more than a lowly necromancer for this army. Its not a good ending for him! :devil2:
Suits him perfectly me thinks! :evil laugh:

Now get to painting! :D

Thanks for the C&C.
Still not convinced on my Ghouls, but i'll see if i have other options, possibly Corsair/Glade Guard legs or something... but REALLY wanted to keep it stricly HE & VC models

and you should totally put one of these units in for the Golden Bat.
Thanks dude. I may well do!!! I've took pictures of the parts for 20 more skellies (to add to the 10 -spear horde a go go!)
should have them done (not painted) in 2 days with command.

Painting will be happing in Aug. Got some parts being shipped over at the mo, that should allow me to make a full 3000 points, also need to borrow a dremel for my Black Coach, and build 2 Necros... (ghoul head archer wizrd converts)

Boo

Vampire Lord
True Blood
Brian Mage said:
Thanks dude. I may well do!!! I've took pictures of the parts for 20 more skellies (to add to the 10 -spear horde a go go!)
should have them done (not painted) in 2 days with command.
Sweet! :D

And tale of x gamers could help you speed up your painting or just help you keep it on track, if you feel that you need that.

Onikaigo

Vampire Lord
True Blood
Dude, Blood Knights on White Lions.

Epic. If I ever, ever even have the urge to field Blood Knights, your idea is going to be stolen. Hardcore. Props for that, and a big set of congratulations and smiles for taking those poncy, pointy eared high elves down to the level of Undeath. It makes my black heart smile!

And the Tale is still open for registration! Come on by, make your plog and Pledge what you want, and all your models count in the Tale! Rewards to be had, glory to be taken, and models to be painted! What's there not to like?

Disciple of Nagash

The Perverted One
Staff member
Really like the conversions, the Knights on Lions are superb! The other conversions look pretty good though all the ghouls look like they are glancing upwards?

Santawraith

Master Liche
True Blood
Soooo about that update where is it. I was thinking today we haven't seen any painted undead elves yet. (I was working on my cursed company standard) and I thought of you. Hope all is going well.

Santawraith

Master Liche
True Blood
Tommarow is the big day , any updates so you can stay in the running for the great grand prize, I mean stay in the pledge for encouragement. I would love to see undead elves painted.

To all my fellow X-Gamers - I offer my soul to Nagash and Aenarion in payment for this unforgivable delay... :zombie:

A house move, a loss of camera, no internet and no time have combined to ruin this speedy plan.

Fear not tho, my fellow WHFB-ers!

Black coach is made - so are grave guard. Skellies fully painted.
I will have a new Camera next week and at that point i can get the updates on.

I have a large friendly tournament style event in cumbria next weekend and i want it mostly complete for then.

(p.s. i was touched that you miss me - i will not go far again!)