• Roll-up! Roll-up! Come one and all the fantastic Turning the World to Darkness painting competition. Welcome to any skill level, you can find out more here.
  • It's time once again to ferret out those murderous vampires in a new VAU - Vampires Amongst Us. A cross between Cluedo and a roleplay, sometimes gory and often hilarious! Find out more here.

Bright Freakin Hott Pink!

Corien Sumatris

Vampire Count
True Blood
Yo! So I'm color blind (not black/white, but close-ish) and I'm working on a Slaanesh army. I can seem to come up with a great baby pink, but I can't figure out how to get a neon pink, Like freakin pink!

Any clues? Is there some color tone/mixture that I just don't know? Would I be better to just go out to a hobby store and find one instead of trying to mix?

Theerteen

Cheerful Cranium
True Blood
This is one more time I'm asking myself (and every other human too) how colourblind people can do artworks...I just can't imagine how this must be like, and even more I can't believe it when the artworks come out fu*** brilliant :zombie:
In bygone days I'd have said "Tentacle pink", but now...Emperor's Children with a drop white maybe? Don't have the colour unfortunately so I can't try out :tongue:

Corien Sumatris

Vampire Count
True Blood
Maybe, But it tends to come out a little pasty and it mutes the pink a bit, again turning it into a baby pink.

On the color blind thing, It's not as bad as you think. I can still define the differences between tones, just not the colors themselves. For instance, I can highlight and shade just fine! But I was painting a mephiston a while back and did the base coat on his cape Dark Angels green because I didn't read the bottle first. One of my buddies asked "which faction of blood angles are green?" and I was all like "None! why?"
"Your bro is green dude"
"Da F***?"

So he got repainted and now I read all of my bottles before cracking them open.

Melle

Sir Larpsalot, champion of larpers
True Blood
Corien Sumatris said:
But I was painting a mephiston a while back and did the base coat on his cape Dark Angels green because I didn't read the bottle first. One of my buddies asked "which faction of blood angles are green?" and I was all like "None! why?"
"Your bro is green dude"
"Da F***?"

So he got repainted and now I read all of my bottles before cracking them open.
this is so funny.
read it three times, laugh harder each time
( sidenote, my wife claims me beeing colorblind, I say she is. ;) noone actually is, but we always argue something be blueish or greenish )

Corien Sumatris

Vampire Count
True Blood
Oh I understand that I'm the colorblind one lol, and my wife makes fun of me for it all the time! I've gotten use to it and I really don't care, she'll just always say stuff like

"Oh, Plaid and Stripes don't go together, but it's okay, your color blind" or "Why did you stop! The green stop signs are optional!"

Vallejo Model Color Transparent Red + very little of any white worked well. I also made a intense, bright hot pink from P3's Murderous Magenta added to a less intense pink I'd made from GW white and GW Mephiston Red. I tried to put down a basecoat of the P3 Magenta and then layering the pinks but it wasn't as intense as mixing the paint. Basecoating white and then doing a lot of layers of the VMC Transparent Red also got a pretty good pink result.

Melle

Sir Larpsalot, champion of larpers
True Blood
wont a baby pink over magenta then a red wash and then baby pink highlight again do the trick?

personally i hate pink. and dont paint it, my slaanesh goes in black and white,
but
search youtube for 'airbrush slaanesh warriors'
buypainted minuatures pink warriors look awesome!