• It's time once again to ferret out those murderous vampires in a new VAU - Vampires Amongst Us. A cross between Cluedo and a roleplay, sometimes gory and often hilarious! Find out more and sign-up! here.

Disciple of Nagash

Oldblood
Staff member
Feb 12, 2008
Hi all,

I'm pleased to announce that our software now has the ability to create Articles. These are slightly different in layout to showcase the first post as an article rather than a discussion. To that end, each week I'll scour the forum for one-two articles and copy them across into a new article post - don't worry, it will be set to the original author for credit!

If you do come across things you think are article worthy please shout out!

Our very first article was posted some time ago by @Borgnine , a brilliant tutorial on painting verdiris/patina: Article: Borgnine's Verdigris/Patina Tutorial - with pictures

Reactions: Realjuan

The Sun King

Staff member
True Blood
Aug 22, 2012
Copenhagen
I think najo and my handbook is quite the article 🙂. I also vaguely remember writing articles for the old magazine but I dont know if we ever published them?

Disciple of Nagash

Oldblood
Staff member
Feb 12, 2008
It certainly is @The Sun King! Which version of WHFB was the handbook written for?

I'm not sure if there were some articles we never got published, but no worries, because we will be doing shortly!

Any brand new articles you might have in mind?

The Sun King

Staff member
True Blood
Aug 22, 2012
Copenhagen
Maybe the dark theme is just too hard to read? 😚😉

Oh, and I found the old article I was takling about, it is in a PM to you, I've teplied to it so it should be in your inbox now. 🙂

Reactions: Disciple of Nagash

Gederas

Grave Guard
Jun 15, 2021
Rhode Island
Also regarding the painting articles, all of them so far use the old GW colours, and while I'm sure a lot of the older vamps here have those, some of the new blood may not have access to paints that have been discontinued for.... About a decade now? 🤣

DakkaDakka has a Paint Range Compatibility & Comparison Chart, which while slightly outdated, is useful. I'm unsure if this site allows us to make an updated version of it here in the articles section, because GW has added a BUNCH of new colours (and even discontinued one of the ones on that one).

Disciple of Nagash

Oldblood
Staff member
Feb 12, 2008
@Gederas that's a really useful link, the only thing you mention is that it is outdated. Know anyone who could update it, as that's something beyond my knowledge!

Gederas

Grave Guard
Jun 15, 2021
Rhode Island
It's outdated in the sense that Ceramite White is gone (GOOD RIDDANCE!), replaced with Corax White, and GW has added a bunch of colours that used to be FW airbrush colour.

The following colours were since added:
  1. Corax White (replacing the drywall spackle)
  2. Corvus Black
  3. Gal Vorbak Red
  4. Barak-Nar Burgundy
  5. Phoenecian Purple
  6. Night Lords Blue
  7. Thousand Sons Blue
  8. Lupercal Green
  9. Death Guard Green
  10. Death Korps Drab
  11. Nocturne Green
  12. Wraithbone
  13. Morghast Bone
  14. Ionrach Skin
  15. Catachan Flesh
  16. Grey Knights Steel
  17. Iron Hands Steel
  18. Iron Warriors
  19. Orruk Flesh
  20. Hobgrot Hide
  21. Thondia Brown
  22. Phalanx Yellow
  23. Word Bearers Red
  24. Kakophoni Purple
  25. Ahriman Blue
  26. Sons of Horus Green
  27. Vulkan Green
  28. Deepkin Flesh
  29. Knight-Questor Flesh
  30. Bloodreaver Flesh
  31. Stormhost Silver
  32. Liberator Gold
  33. Skullcrusher Brass
  34. Castellax Bronze
  35. Canoptek Alloy
And those are just the non-contrasts! I think the issue is GW has added so many paints recently, but thankfully most of those aren't really equivalents to the old citadel line, but are entirely new.

Well, mostly. Iron Warriors is actually a 1:1 of old Boltgun Metal

Disciple of Nagash

Oldblood
Staff member
Feb 12, 2008
Wow, that's a lot of changes...I want to keep on adding the update articles, but maybe we need some kind of matrix like the Dakka one. Volunteers? 😁

Disciple of Nagash

Oldblood
Staff member
Feb 12, 2008
Dammit, no volunteers 😅 I'll need to have a think on how we can handle this one....

Also a shout-out for anyone wanting to add new content/articles etc - please do so! CN will only grow again if we keep posting and adding new content. Can't do this without you guys 😁

Reactions: Grave Tacticus

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

Quick Navigation

User Menu