• It's time once again to ferret out those murderous vampires in a new VAU - Vampires Amongst Us. A cross between Cluedo and a roleplay, sometimes gory and often hilarious! Find out more and sign-up! here.

Byronic

Zombie
Jul 5, 2012
Hi there chaps and chapesses, I've just joined the forum, and having taken a look at this section thought that some of the tutorials I've written may be useful to someone.

I've recently organised them into a slightly more user-friendly format, as opposed to one epic list which they used to be in.

If you'd like to see them presented in a more photogenic way there's a gallery format available here, which may be easier to navigate.

Equipment Reviews/guides
My airbrush set up + a brief buyers guide

Combined Tutorials - Multiple Recipes

The Basing Bible - Basing Schemes
The Metal Bible - Metallic Schemes

Sculpting Tutorials:
How to Sculpt Chain Mail
How to Sculpt Scale Mail

Construction/converting tutorials
How to Make Planking Bases

Painting Tutorials (everything else):

1 Day Daemons: High Standard Speed Painting
How to Paint Daemonettes
How to Paint Nurglings
How to Paint Plaguebearers
How to Paint Screamers

Speed Painting (Army Production)
Army Basing
How to Paint Necron Infantry
How to Magnetise Bases
How to Pin Models

Scenery Painting/Basing
How to Paint Planking Bases/Wood (Multiple tutorials)
How to Paint Buildings: Dreadstone Blight (+water effects)
How to Paint Buildings: Skullvane Manse
How to Paint Skyshield Landing Pad

Others
Basing start to finish + making Reeds
Colour Sequencing/Airbrushing Vehicles (Necron annihilation Barge)
Multi Stage Pre-highlighting and Hybrid Glazes
How to Paint Ogres
How to Paint a Flamespyre Phoenix (Airbrush Heavy)
How to Paint Flesh
How to Paint Gore/Blood
Making Model holders
How to Paint Paint Rust and Chipped Metal
How to Make Snow Effects
How to: Stencilling Banners
How to Paint Stringy Gore/Blood
How to Paint an Ogre Thundertusk
How to Paint Thunderwolves/Fur
How to Paint Verdigris+Metallics

Cheers, I am always open to feedback and suggestions (for changing current tutorials, or requests for new ones), don't hesitate to offer any opinions.

Byron

Theerteen

Cheerful Cranium
True Blood
Aug 20, 2012
Germany
Cool stuff you did there! Worth a look and giving a try the next days :thumbsup: thanks for posting this!

Disciple of Nagash

Oldblood
Staff member
Feb 12, 2008
Thanks for the links!

If you like writing tutorials, have you thought of contributing to a magazine? We are just looking at restarting the Invocation.

Santawraith

Master Liche
True Blood
Jun 6, 2010
Wyoming
Dear Bryon I love the Links you have posted

I would like to make two points

First point is I would love your permission to repost the links to our index of painting guides. So that even when this thread falls as all good threads fall We still have the links. I will transfer them as I have the index arranged to ease of finding things.

Second point I have some how to guides that have been a pet project I would like if you posted some tutorials there. I would prefer them be actually posts and not links but feel free to also include the link. I add what I can to them but would love to have the help with them. Here are the links.

Carpe Noctem's How to paint thread's
Vargheists
Black Knights and Graveguard
Banshee's wraith's and Ethreal
Banner's and sheilds
Ghouls and Crypt Horrors
Vampires
Dire Wolves
Skeletons
Zombies
Zombie Dragon and Terrorgheist
Necromancers
Black Coach
Vulghulf
Bats
How to base
How to paint blood effect and gore
Smooth paint

Welcome aboard look forward to seeing more of your stuff.

Byronic

Zombie
Jul 5, 2012
Theerteen said:
Cool stuff you did there! Worth a look and giving a try the next days :thumbsup: thanks for posting this!

Cheers Theerteen, you're welcome! Lots more to come in the future hopefully.

xFallenx said:
Thanks for sharing mate! Can't wait to dive in.

No worries bud, hope you enjoy them :)

Disciple of Nagash said:
Thanks for the links!

If you like writing tutorials, have you thought of contributing to a magazine? We are just looking at restarting the Invocation.

I'd have to get someone to check over my dyslexic grasp of the English language but I'd be happy to if I get a moment mate, I'll send you a DM shortly.

Santawraith said:
Dear Bryon I love the Links you have posted

I would like to make two points

First point is I would love your permission to repost the links to our index of painting guides. So that even when this thread falls as all good threads fall We still have the links. I will transfer them as I have the index arranged to ease of finding things.

Second point I have some how to guides that have been a pet project I would like if you posted some tutorials there. I would prefer them be actually posts and not links but feel free to also include the link.

Cheers Santa, of course, repost to your heart's content!

Regarding the second point I find it really difficult to keep up to date with giving proper time to responses to tutorials, which is one of the main reason for directing people to the same place.

However I'd be happy to give you a couple directly - something could always be put at the top to direct queries to the original thread or something I guess?

I've updated the format of the first post to be more helpful, also I've added a dipping tutorial, my subject was Paul the Plaguebearer:

1931-large.jpg
(click picture for link)

I've not dipped anything in years, but it's how I learned to paint - i must say I really enjoyed it, and had forgotten how fast it is!

This could be pretty much directly swapped to be applied to zombies if one were so inclined :)

Cheers,

Byron

Byronic

Zombie
Jul 5, 2012
Hello guys 'n' gals :). I've written a tutorial for the Plague Drones I recently painted, another lovely nurgle kit from GW, only complaint is the gap between the two pieces that make up the body. Once that's been dealt with they're great to paint!

It's quite similar to the plaguebearer tutorial, but will hopefully still be useful.

How to Paint Plague Drones

2002-large.jpg

Byronic

Zombie
Jul 5, 2012
Cheers Adam! You're welcome matey, I've had quite a bit of practise with the Daemons now, got my sequencing down :).

I've done another quick metallic tutorial/recipe:

Classic Gold: full tutorial here
2012-large.jpg

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

Quick Navigation

User Menu