• Roll-up! Roll-up! Come one and all the fantastic Turning the World to Darkness painting competition. Welcome to any skill level, you can find out more here.
  • It's time once again to ferret out those murderous vampires in a new VAU - Vampires Amongst Us. A cross between Cluedo and a roleplay, sometimes gory and often hilarious! Find out more here.

Campaign Drawing to a Close...

Lord Fear

Master Vampire
True Blood
I made a thread about the campaign I was running at the previous website... but then never actually bothered to update the thread!

So now after about 6 weeks of solid gaming, I think we're going to step it down a bit- the others are itching to play some simpler games. But it's been a good campaign, we had the following players:
Myself, Vampire Counts
2 x Wood Elves
Empire
Tomb Kings
Dwarfs
Orcs
Goblins

So a good varied bunch. We tried to theme it around the Nemesis Crown, but GW's campaign had ended by the time we got to the proper games! We started off at border patrol level, increasing each week and forming various factions. Last week, we played 2000 point games, my army being massacred by Skarsnik's Goblins after my Vampire Count was put down a Giant's trousers!

For a bit of a narrative and a big closing battle, we decided that my Vampire had gone insane from his experience and was now doing the greenskins' bidding, while the Dwarfs, Empire and even the Tomb Kings joined up to see if they could finish off the unstoppable horde. And so we had 1000 points per player per side for a storming 3000 point battle to end the main body of the campaign!

Orcs, Goblins and Vampire Counts vs Empire, Dwarfs and Tomb Kings

The forces of good took the initiative, however the Tomb Kings on the western flank merely moved up to take cover behind a wall, the central Dwarfs stood still and the all-mounted Empire force started moving around the eastern flank. The forces of evil managed to weather the magic, before trying to make their moves against the good guys.

However, with the undead marching among their ranks, the greenskins were very unrestful and several Orcs in two units were killed by their Black Orc leaders to spur them forward, while other Goblin units bickered about what they were doing. The Necromancer aminating the undead summoned some poor Zombies to take the central watchtower, just in case any enemy infantry tried any sneaky tricks. The allied Ghoul moves into a wood to threaten the Empire cavalry, which could not march as a result. With a wall in the way, the Knights' movement was severely hampered, while the rest of their army remained still and shot up the advancing greenskins.

A Tomb Scorpion appeared in the forest, but the Goblins' response was unequivacable: they threw two Fanatics into the beast, which was smashed to pieces- so were the Fanatics, but nobody minded.

In return, the first charge of the day were declared, a Giant smashing into the Knights, backed up by Ghouls in the flank. The Ghouls ripped apart a Battle Wizard who was in their way while the Giant bashed several Knights from their steeds, the rest falling back. The Ghouls would have overrun into the nearby Outriders, but the cowardly Men chose to flee... and never returned!

Meanwhile some Wolf Riders charged out the forest into a rank of Dwarf Quarreleres, with the crazed Vampire running alongside them taking the form of a Wolf himself. The stalwart shooters stood firm but after several rounds of combat they turned to flee.

Meanwhile the Tomb Prince was scared of the Black Knights and would not advance. Eventually the Black Knights took the initiative and charged into the ancient undead, proving why Chariots were obselete in the age of Cavalry.

Unbeknown to his allies, the Imperial Captain had an ulterior motive for calling the council of war: the Vampire Count was his secret ally, and he aimed to free the von Carstein from the sway of the greenskins. Deciding the only way to do this was to take out the despicable Giant who had turned the Vampire insane, the Captain and his Knights charged into the fearsome monster, piercing the beast with their lances... before the Giant grabbed the Captain and squashed him between his massive hands. Terrified at seeing the army's General killed, the forces of good were in disarray and once again the Ghouls pounced from the woods into the Knights' flank. They could not hold out...

All across the battlefield the greenskins and Vampire Counts were victorious, and by the end of the fourth turn all that remained were some Tomb Swarms, some more handgunners and an Organ Gun. The Goblins would go on to find the Nemesis Crown deep in the forest, and bicker over who got to wear it, slaughtering each other, while the Empire and Dwarf survivors would return to their leaders and inform them of the threat, eventually leading Thorgrim and Karl Franz to the final battle... meanwhile Evan von Carstein, having used the greenskins' superior strength of numbers to dispose of his "ally" while pretending to be insane readied his massively bolstered forces and headed to Sylvania to defend the homeland against the insidious forces of Waldakir.

EvC said:
Meanwhile the Tomb Prince was scared of the Black Knights and would not advance.
What? How was he scared? Or is this just a bit of artistic license?
But very good fella, have enjoyed your recent BR's...

Lord Fear

Master Vampire
True Blood
The person in charge of the Tomb Kings was literally scared of sending his Tomb Prince and Chariots into combat with my Black Knights, so they just stood there in the corner for the entire game! Well, until they were destroyed... :D