• Roll-up! Roll-up! Come one and all the fantastic Turning the World to Darkness painting competition. Welcome to any skill level, you can find out more here.
  • It's time once again to ferret out those murderous vampires in a new VAU - Vampires Amongst Us. A cross between Cluedo and a roleplay, sometimes gory and often hilarious! Find out more here.

Can wraiths go through units?

Hello again!

Title says it all. As long as my unit of wraiths wont stop their movement inside units, can they move through? Through both: enemy and friendly units?

Ethereal movement rule allows wraith move through impassable terrain, so are units considered as impassable too?

I have also much more important question:

If i buy "Multicase - 160 Standard 28mm" for my figures, will that be right size? Will standard Warhammer figures fit in? What if they have spears or carry standard? (skeletons)[/b]

There is a link to product: http://taistelutarvike.fi/catalog/advanced_search_result.php?keywords=case&x=0&y=0

This case is already in my shopping cart, but there was quite little information about the product. Waiting for your responses and then i order this. It would be sad if i couldnt fit a single unit inside it. Which one you recommend?

Doesn't say anything about units being impassible terrain, just that you have to stop:
'Opposing troops are kept at least 1" inch apart when they are not fighting. Models which would otherwise approach within 1" of an enemy are halted'​

I would presume it applies to Friendly units in this manner as well.

SOrry i have no idea about the cases but they look good!

Bishop

Master Necromancer
True Blood
I don't think so, no.

--------------

As for the case, those look nice! I know models with spears can be difficult in normal GW cases... standards even more so!

Hopefully some one has of of those, and can answer your question.

Humaneater

Black Knight
Ethereal says that models treat Difficult or Impassable terrain as open ground.

The BRB says that opposing models are kept 1" apart, and are halted at this distance unless they would be declaring a charge (voluntarily or otherwise), although nothing stops you from being as close as you want to friendly units.

Basically, enemies aren't terrain of any kind and the Ethereal rules don't contradict that in any way. So you definitely cannot move through enemy units. Friendlies can't normally be mvoed through either, and the Ethereal Movement rules don't contradict this, so friendlies cannot be moved through either.

Ethereal only creates an exception when it comes to terrain. Since models are not terrain there is no reason or rule to stop you from acting as if they were any troops in this respect.