• It's time once again to ferret out those murderous vampires in a new VAU - Vampires Amongst Us. A cross between Cluedo and a roleplay, sometimes gory and often hilarious! Find out more and sign-up! here.

Aren

Crypt Horror
Sep 22, 2010
What would you say to making a themed army for Carpe Noctem?

What I mean by that is creating a list for the official Carpe Noctem forum, a 3000-4000 list which includes our favourite models, used in a meaningful way. An army with DoN as its general and the more prominent members as his thralls.

As far as I know the forum doesn't have an official army list but how awesome would it be to field the official army of Carpe Noctem against the official armies of other forums?

What I am proposing is a project to create an army list, characters (like DoN) and a banner design which captures the twisted nature of our dear forum. If multiple ideas are posted then the best could be chosen.

Then, once the set up of the Carpe Noctem army is decided we can hold competitions etc for the best painted, modelled CN armies (using the same list) and maybe one for the most fun/random/awesome game with said army.

I am mostly addressing the Mods/True Bloods here as for this project to kick off your support would be most needed.

So, who would be up for creating THE Carpe Noctem army?

TMS

Staff member
True Blood
Nov 26, 2008
Sweden
Hey Aren,

I like the sound of your idea but I'm curious about the details.

I assume it should use the standard VC army book and not a home-brewed variant, right? And the characters/units should be made entirely out of the standard lineup? IE, no special characters of our own?

This sounds like the simplest way to keep it organized and easy to follow.

Aren

Crypt Horror
Sep 22, 2010
I think it would be best to use the standard book though I think that we could make up rules for DoN (but keeping it FAIR and having an alternate, generic vampire lord in case your opponent doesn't like you using the made up character).

Which could start a competition of its own, making up rules for the most fun and not broken DoN character with.....relevant special rules ;)

I just think it would be quite fun to do and a fun list to play with/against. It wouldn't be THAT much of an effort and it gets the whole forum (or a large part of it) involved in creating something which would be great.

Duke Danse Macabre

The Duke
True Blood
Sep 16, 2010
Sunderland, United Kingdom
Well if we each crete a model to represent ourselves and a unit to go with it would be good fun and then we could have the carpe army itself.
By no means a legal army but a good army in its own right.

Got to Admit I would be game.
A mounted lord either on Horse with a 13 Strong Blood knight Unit sounds good to me. ;)

Borgnine

Master Necromancer
True Blood
Jun 15, 2013
Pruszkow, Poland
That's interesting idea you have there ;] Might be good ;)

I for one would propose a unit of GGs or maybe just a wight king with great weapon remodeled to be big warhammers - or as you may say, Banhammers - for the moderator unit ;]

Aren

Crypt Horror
Sep 22, 2010
I was hoping to make a legal army so something we could actually use...something fun, wacky but not incoherent. This thread is mainly to see if there is interest, if there is I might ask the help of a few mods to set up a poll or something for the list, a competition for the fluff, a competition for the banner and best painted CN army etc.

But if there is a lot of interest in making a crazy list then sure, that can be done too.

Aren

Crypt Horror
Sep 22, 2010
Probably. Most likely going for top 3 most prominent members as baby vamps, next 3 as baby necros and next 6 as wraiths/banshees.

Whoever else wants to be a character they can be a unit champion. No new rules or anything just a champion will be given their name.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

Quick Navigation

User Menu