• Roll-up! Roll-up! Come one and all the fantastic Turning the World to Darkness painting competition. Welcome to any skill level, you can find out more here.
  • It's time once again to ferret out those murderous vampires in a new VAU - Vampires Amongst Us. A cross between Cluedo and a roleplay, sometimes gory and often hilarious! Find out more here.

Carpe Noctem/Vampire Counts group on deviantArt?

Ophidicus

Vampire Count
True Blood
I'm thinking of starting a Vampire Counts group on DA, would anyone here be interested in joining and/or contributing? It will be entirely dedicated to WFB (possibly WFRP if anyone bothers with it) VCs, though not confined to Games Workshop, & featuring the best Vampire wargaming models & art we can possibly find. I want to be put to shame.

There are loads of Vampire-related groups already but they're all either related to some faffy roleplay or other, or they're pro-twilight or anti-twilight, a waste of time either way you look at it. What there isn't is a Vampire Counts group, Warhammer vampires deserve some proper representation. Sign up here with your DA address if you want to be a part of our bid to defile the idols of the living for all time.

For those of you not familiar with it, I'm on about http://www.deviantart.com/

Disciple of Nagash

The Perverted One
Staff member
I really like the idea. Even better if we make this Carpe Noctem's official Deviantart page. You have my full support!:thumbsup:

Master Vampire

Master Necromancer
True Blood
That's a pretty good idea. I always admire people able to draw things up. Too bad that I won't be able to add to that. My drawing skills stayed on 3rd grade level ~ you know, sun with a face and stick people.

Ophidicus said:
I want to be put to shame.
Not sure what I have to make out of that, but it sounds some cryptic SM message for anyone to respond to. xD

Ophidicus

Vampire Count
True Blood
Thanks guys, especially good to get approval from the bigwigs.

Putting the application in now, here is the description:

Group name: VampireCounts

Description: The unholy masters of the ancient world, immortal rulers of the cursed realms of Sylvania, Blood Keep, Mousillon, Strigos and ancient Lahmia, the Vampires are the darkest threat to the men of the Old World. The dead will not be silent, and the night is our domain.

This group is devoted to the Vampire Counts of Warhammer, dedicated to displaying the best Vampire Counts-related wargames miniatures & illustrations that deviantART has to offer.

I'll link to CN from the front page when the group has gone live.

Incidentally, my address is http://chammadai.deviantart.com/

VvC

Skeleton
Master Vampire said:
My drawing skills stayed on 3rd grade level ~ you know, sun with a face and stick people.
I'm with you, man ;) Don't forget the square house with the triangle roof.

And maybe we could even start getting some commissions done for some of our characters. I think that would be really interesting, to see the view of the Warhammer World's Vampires through eyes of multiple artists who have been unexposed to the universe of Warhammer. Of course, it would be credited to the artist, it would just appear on our page too.

Just a thought.xD

Ophidicus

Vampire Count
True Blood
OK, the group is online, http://vampirecounts.deviantart.com/ but DA is currently in maintenance mode so I can't get it going until tomorrow, when we can get scouring DA for Evil Nasties to plague the living... Model-faffers, paint-botherers and pencil-breakers of CN, we have our colony on foreign shores.

VvC, that isn't a bad idea, we need to find some good illustrators who don't mind doing it for nowt. I can think of... er... me.

VvC

Skeleton
Ophidicus said:
VvC, that isn't a bad idea, we need to find some good illustrators who don't mind doing it for nowt. I can think of... er... me.
I've got one or two people that I usually ask xD but I've already commissioned the crap out of them. Although I'm sure I could get one of them to donate/sell something.

Do you do commissions then? :tongue: Sorry, I just have a huge appreciation for art, while possessing no skill at all with a pencil. So it's kinda how I make do ;)

Ophidicus

Vampire Count
True Blood
Sorry to dredge this thread from the cold, heard earth but I have good reason to do so.

I am no longer a wargamer, other things have made themselves important in my life & I no longer have the time or energy for my once-beloved armies.

Thus, the VC.DA.com needs someone else to administrate it. DoN is an admin but hasn't been on in 6 months. I'd be chuffed if someone else did a good job for this group, but I can't do it any more. Any volunteers PM me & I'll give them the admin rights.