• Roll-up! Roll-up! Come one and all the fantastic Turning the World to Darkness painting competition. Welcome to any skill level, you can find out more here.
  • It's time once again to ferret out those murderous vampires in a new VAU - Vampires Amongst Us. A cross between Cluedo and a roleplay, sometimes gory and often hilarious! Find out more here.

TVC II OOC Carriages

Harland

The Colonel
True Blood
For ease of reference:

Carriage 1
Roland
Faust

Carriage 2 (full)
Morturion
Nimrais
Elanor
Morturion's Wight-King Bodyguard

Carriage 3
Anya
Dieter
Mikhail

On foot
Alastor
Ezra

We should all fit at 4 to a carriage. It would probably be best if the guards and npcs went in other carriages.

Mello

Hasn't left TVC for the rest of the forum
True Blood
How fast are these carriages travelling? I'm sure they'll be vampire running speed. If so alastors running.. If not he'll perch on the back. He doesn't want to be close to others

Ghouly

Liche
True Blood
a vampire could easily keep up with them it just looks bad some guy chasing the carrige

Harland

The Colonel
True Blood
Also there are some humans among us. Roland hates being cooped up like this, but he's going with it as he wouldn't be able to keep up for long.

Harland

The Colonel
True Blood
I dunno, some human/undead attendant? It probably isn't important. Maybe it's a Wight like in the old unit.

The Dread King

Staff member
True Blood
Wraiths will drive, I presume. Though that is just the usual VC coach driver; it may be different, considering the Triumvirate use mortals now, and mortal warriors flanked the coaches. You'll have to ask Get, Simon or Gree.

And Harland, a coach pulled up earlier on in the chapter; that one's for Simon and the Carsteins, I think.

Edit: Ninja'd by Harland!

Harland

The Colonel
True Blood
Yah I know, I mentioned it briefly in my post. I assumed the Imperator would take his own carriage.

Harland

The Colonel
True Blood
Update done: Only Kavok is unaccounted for, I believe. (Simon is languishing in his own carriage). I think the only carriage he can enter now is 1 (2 is full, and there is an official interrogation occurring in 3).

This is gonna be a fun journey.

Kavok

Wight King
Well... As tempting as that is... Kavok does already have a horse... He'll probably end up riding next to the carriages talking with the people inside... They do have windows on them that can open do they not? And I apologize that I haven't really made any posts recently. I've been a bit busy with school. Turns out that putting all the projects and homework till the last minute will cause them to take up all your time. But I should be able to post something soon. Also its not like I had much to do considering Kavok wasn't likely to get in a carriage.

The Dread King

Staff member
True Blood
Bounce said:
I am sure Kavok can squish in between us ;)

or we can just kick the necromancers out
One wight king, one necromancer. Defiance left for Morty's tower, so Elanor's sitting next to an armoured skeleton.

Edit: kicked out of the carriage again? That would make Morty a sad pony. :(

Harland

The Colonel
True Blood
I hope Kavok's horse can keep up with the nightmares: that is for DoN to decide.

And Roland and Faust need someone to talk with too... xD

Kavok

Wight King
Oh right, you all are using undead horses... Wait, does the living guard also ride the zombie horses?

Well, unless the nightmares ride full speed non stop, a normal horse would be able to keep up, I guess.

And Dread King, have you ever sat on the back seat of a car which was designed for two people, but you sat with three anyway?
It'll be uncomfortable, but it is possible to fit 5 in a 4 seated coach :tongue:

Also, the carriages don't have windows per se.
They have square holes in the door covered by curtains. They don't have glass or anything.

Kavok

Wight King
I wasn't really expecting glass... Isn't it still called a window though without the glass? The glass is just an accessory of a window (a -very- common one in homes built in anywhere recent times... glass panes do a lot of good for windows). And I would also like to point out that it is a bretonnian horse, so it should be a bit better them most 'normal' horses. Still... traveling full throttle in a carriage sounds... uncomfortable to say the least. So much bouncing... It would be bad enough on a horse, but at least then you could generally see when things were coming and try to counter some of them. And I'm very much doubting that the vampires prefer quick travel to comfortable travel. They've got all the time they want normally. And they do tend to be very... over the top when it comes to luxuries. Though I guess that if the carts are kinda ethereal then it isn't likely to even notice a single bump in the road...

Count michael

The Undead Sparky
Harland said:
I hope Kavok's horse can keep up with the nightmares: that is for DoN to decide.

And Roland and Faust need someone to talk with too... xD
How far would Roland and Faust's carriage be from the one Mikhail is in.
I have a very bad idea :D

Harland

The Colonel
True Blood
We will be moving very fast so it makes sense to have glass in the windows, or birds and leaves will get blasted in with all the air vortexes we will be creating. In addition, the carriages belonging to the richest people usually had glass. And I'm sure the carriages will be magically invested or cleverly designed to minimise this. In fact, I'm fairly sure you won't be able to feel the ride much at all.

Stop fretting people.

EDIT: Reasons I think Kavok should get in the carriage:
  1. The nightmares are faster than a regular horse
  2. They would be at full gallop practically the whole day, which would likely cause a living horse to die from exhaustion.
Of course there are ways around this: The horse could be blessed, or Kavok could catch up in the night when we've stopped.
One way or the other, could you make a decision soon please? I need to know before my next post.

Kavok

Wight King
I get that being in a carriage would be much simpler and easier to achieve... but leaving his horse behind with vampires... Not exactly something I see Kavok doing. Sure he has sided with them and and all (and kinda feels like he is likely to be killed by them soon anyways), but just leaving his bretonnian horse isn't something he would likely do. Now that I think about it bretonnians are normally very picky about where they leave their horse because they don't want anyone else to have the amazing horses or some nonsense like that. But yes I do have to agree that after thinking about it the carriages are likely fairly comfortable considering they are likely enchanted, but would the mortal guards really be riding undead horses? Either way I feel it would be draining on the mortal guards just to be riding straight there. You'd be surprised how draining riding a horse can actually end up being for long stretches... To be honest when either the horse or rider mortal is regarded I don't think riding straight for days and nights on end is a great idea for the body.

Ghouly

Liche
True Blood
I Bretonnia riding in a carrige is concidered dirty only puffed up Imperials and Merchents do so In Bretonnia if your able you ride

Get of W'soran

CN's Lord of Masks
True Blood
Kavok said:
I get that being in a carriage would be much simpler and easier to achieve... but leaving his horse behind with vampires... Not exactly something I see Kavok doing. Sure he has sided with them and and all (and kinda feels like he is likely to be killed by them soon anyways), but just leaving his bretonnian horse isn't something he would likely do. Now that I think about it bretonnians are normally very picky about where they leave their horse because they don't want anyone else to have the amazing horses or some nonsense like that. But yes I do have to agree that after thinking about it the carriages are likely fairly comfortable considering they are likely enchanted, but would the mortal guards really be riding undead horses? Either way I feel it would be draining on the mortal guards just to be riding straight there. You'd be surprised how draining riding a horse can actually end up being for long stretches... To be honest when either the horse or rider mortal is regarded I don't think riding straight for days and nights on end is a great idea for the body.
What mortal guards?
Out of curiosity, I can't recall who brought any.