• It's time once again to ferret out those murderous vampires in a new VAU - Vampires Amongst Us. A cross between Cluedo and a roleplay, sometimes gory and often hilarious! Find out more and sign-up! here.

Raven Torrid

Staff member
Sep 3, 2011
Croatia
On another note - an ask if anyone has a little bit of free time. I think painting articles are ageless and we can re-promote them and use them as fresh content. Does anyone have any time to look through the Dark Arts and find some of our best?

Not sure if by painting articles you mean tutorials or something else? As for tutorials, I think most of those are included in this index thread:
Index of Painting&Hobby Guides - Updated 8th July 2018 - Carpe Noctem

Now, as for the "best", I am guessing that's somewhat subjective, so I'll instead list some of my top picks:

How to prep your models - by Lord Reginer
How to paint your Zombies - by multiple contributors
--> special shout-out to Raizi's frozen zombies which I always liked - Link
Snow basing tutorial - by untitled_musketeer
Verdigris/patina tutorial - by Borgnine
Rust tutorial - by Santawraith

Last edited:
Reactions: Disciple of Nagash

Belladonna Voltaire

Vyrkos Primogen
True Blood
Aug 15, 2007
Wirral
Yay, great to have you back as well MS....erm TMS, new name? What's TMS stand for?

So @Belladonna Voltaire / @The Sun King / @TMS / @Unas the slayer - any ideas for some updated content, something interesting to get people back.

I've got one I've started on. I love @Malisteen's timeline, I've updated the threads, but then I thought, I can do one better! I have all the old WHFB VC/TK/Undead books, so I'm going to create a master timeline (for those who still love WHFB) and also do the same for AoS looking at the various Death Alliances battletomes.

I was also thinking of "So you're new to AoS from WHFB", super high-level intro of the Mortal realms, and more importantly the current structure/options of the Death Alliance.

Any thoughts guys? I'd personally love something that explains the mechanics better to me. Like, what's these large scrolls with multiple units lumped together. Where have my strength values gone, how do I know if someone hits hard?! xD

I think we've picked an opportune time for this as the new edition is launching soon. Maybe it night be pertinent that those of us getting it share our thoughts on the game.

I'll be doing a bit of a deep dive in it as I have to look at it from the Ossiarch, Nighthaunt and Soulblight perspectives.

Reactions: The Sun King

The Sun King

Staff member
True Blood
Aug 22, 2012
Copenhagen
On another note - an ask if anyone has a little bit of free time. I think painting articles are ageless and we can re-promote them and use them as fresh content. Does anyone have any time to look through the Dark Arts and find some of our best?
Good idea. Don't think I'll get around to trawling the old threads for the good stuff, but I will definitely post painting guides in the future as I progress with my new Soulblight Army. :)

Also: An idea for an easy content thread for me would be to reboot the good ol' "Sunny's Challenge" (a thread where people gave me some army building challenges with restrictions) but now do it with Soulblight Gravelords.

Disciple of Nagash

Oldblood
Staff member
Feb 12, 2008
All these sound like great ideas guys! Let's get cracking on!

I'm planning on highlighting a key article say every week by announcement and email.

I'm also pleased to say I've managed to agree a partnership with a Soulblight Gravelords Facebook that is very active at the moment. They are happy for us to post up articles and links, and in return we'll post a link to them instead of creating our own Facebook group.

Disciple of Nagash

Oldblood
Staff member
Feb 12, 2008

Count michael

The Undead Sparky
May 17, 2010
Timaru
This is awesome the new graveyards and new edition coming out has finally convinced me to be more active with AOS looking forward to this

Disciple of Nagash

Oldblood
Staff member
Feb 12, 2008
Great and welcome back @Count michael! Another old blood rejoining!

Some more good news, I've now got agreements with Nighthaunt and Flesh-Eater Courts Facebook groups allowing us to post links. At the moment we've agreed we're allowed to post 2 things per week specifically for CN in each group.

My aim for today:

Fix broken sign up integrations for Facebook, Google and Twitter

Start looking at drafting our resurrection email to go out to all members. I think to grab their attention I want to include an image right the start of one of the new models. Any votes on which is the best one?

Mad 'At

Dumb enough to work
Staff member
True Blood
Apr 2, 2011
Grödinge
Hi all!

Cool to see this place getting back to unlife! And thank to Raven for poking me about it :)

For my personally, this whole deal with SGB doesn't really interest me. I'm enjoying The 9th Age way to much to have any energy to spare for other games, so probably won't be very active here. I do still paint undead minis occasionally, and I'll make an effort to keep my blogs here up to date with those. Might be able to contribute some small amounts of moderation activities to the Dark Arts section too.

Cheers!

Reactions: Raven Torrid

Disciple of Nagash

Oldblood
Staff member
Feb 12, 2008
Hey @Mad 'At - Brilliant to see you around! Hope you're doing well.

Appreciate not everyone is into SBG, but we will be providing sections for WHFB including the 9th Age, so it would be great to see you there? Plus as we did before, we allow other armies in painting logs, especially for long-standing members such as yourself. So definitely don't be a stranger!

Disciple of Nagash

Oldblood
Staff member
Feb 12, 2008
Ok, so some further updates today:

- Carried out some more technical upgrades
- Kicked off the article function (see other announcement). I've also found out our old Invocation magazines, and I have all the old raw articles. Painting guides never posted on CN, artwork, stories etc. Plus tacticia for older versions of WHFB that will be useful (including some from you @TMS)
- Getting ready to send out an email to all the old members, but need to draft up something

EDIT: Also my personal project on creating a full WHFB death timeline with dates is going well! Got a word doc with 24 pages and counting so far compiled from army books, novels, online etc. Covers all the main vampires, and TK

Disciple of Nagash

Oldblood
Staff member
Feb 12, 2008
Not sure if by painting articles you mean tutorials or something else? As for tutorials, I think most of those are included in this index thread:
Index of Painting&Hobby Guides - Updated 8th July 2018 - Carpe Noctem

Now, as for the "best", I am guessing that's somewhat subjective, so I'll instead list some of my top picks:

How to prep your models - by Lord Reginer
How to paint your Zombies - by multiple contributors
--> special shout-out to Raizi's frozen zombies which I always liked - Link
Snow basing tutorial - by untitled_musketeer
Verdigris/patina tutorial - by Borgnine
Rust tutorial - by Santawraith

Just seen your suggestions - thanks @Raven Torrid, these can be next candidates for turning into update articles xD

Reactions: Raven Torrid

Grave Tacticus

Staff member
Jul 26, 2020
Utah
Wish I had gotten on Friday and joined in during the thick of it. I'm glad to see the push to get the forum kicking again!

Vintersorg

Zombie
Jan 30, 2012
Hi all,
I used to be a lurker on this forum for years.
I've mostly given up on Age of Sigmar quite some time ago, even though I've enjoyed painting a few Ossiarch Bonereapers.
Glad to see this forum come back to unlife!
You might even motivate me to get back into GW miniatures. :D

Disciple of Nagash

Oldblood
Staff member
Feb 12, 2008
Wish I had gotten on Friday and joined in during the thick of it. I'm glad to see the push to get the forum kicking again!

It is exciting and great to have you on the forum xD We're slowly but surely getting things going again, any ideas are much appreciated
Hi all,
I used to be a lurker on this forum for years.
I've mostly given up on Age of Sigmar quite some time ago, even though I've enjoyed painting a few Ossiarch Bonereapers.
Glad to see this forum come back to unlife!
You might even motivate me to get back into GW miniatures. :D
I think it happened to lot of us @vintersong! Brilliant to see another old blood back, and I hope you do get back into the miniatures and even post up some pics

Gederas

Skeleton
Jun 15, 2021
Also, regarding the painting articles, Games Workshop themselves actually have video tutorials on their YouTube channel, quite a few of which for Death factions.

Not sure if those could be posted in their own thread or what, but they're there. For example, several ways to paint zombies:

Last edited:

Althulus

Zombie
Oct 15, 2008
My favorite online WH forum has risen once again!!! Glad to have received the mailer and even more glad to see all the old bloods stirring back to unlife and preparing to dust off their shambling undead hordes! I picked up AoS a couple years ago after some old WH buddies kept telling me that 2nd edition made it fun again. Haven't played all that many games since picking the models back up but I can happily report that I've had fun every time I have. The named characters can be a bit rough on the balance side of things but it's a really nice game system on the whole. I'm looking forward to seeing the forum run red again with the creativity of freshly opened veins--cheers, blood drinkers!

Last edited:

Oppenheimer

Vargheist
May 26, 2013
It's been so long but great to be back. I was wondering if we can change the font colours? The grey on black was fun back when this was on the PC that I read it. But, on my phone it's hard to read.

So excited for soulblight and 3e. Rebased everything and already played a few games. I even came up with points for playing Radukar's court individually rather than as a big group.

20210529_115537.jpg

Reactions: Gederas

Disciple of Nagash

Oldblood
Staff member
Feb 12, 2008
Welcome @Gederas! I'm really pleased to hear our resurrection has encouraged you to join us. Yes that's a great idea linking to all those videos...thanks very much 👍

@Althulus yup, us old bloods are un-alive and kicking and very excited to get the forum up and running. We'd love to see your army if you'd like to post it up for us, and definitely post up your views of the AoS for all those who haven't made the jump from WHFB 😁

@Oppenheimer talking of an old blood 😁 great to have you back! Yeah I've noticed the theme issues myself and its on my list to investigate 👍 Nice looking models as well! Look forward to seeing how your horde grows

Gederas

Skeleton
Jun 15, 2021
@Disciple of Nagash Thanks! And it probably would be best as a "Warhammer TV painting Tutorials" thread? I think I've seen most of them, could probably search through my YT history and find all them.... :lol:

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

Quick Navigation

User Menu