• Roll-up! Roll-up! Come one and all the fantastic Turning the World to Darkness painting competition. Welcome to any skill level, you can find out more here.
  • It's time once again to ferret out those murderous vampires in a new VAU - Vampires Amongst Us. A cross between Cluedo and a roleplay, sometimes gory and often hilarious! Find out more here.

ChaosJedi Tale of X Gamers Plog

Yay! Was stoked when I logged on (for some reason I cannot stay away from Carpe Noctem.xD ) and saw that the threads were started!

Well, no pics, yet. I'm still waiting on my shipment from Mantic (they were out of stock, so this is the third week since order :( ), but should be here tomorrow, hopefully. Will spend Sunday painting, well finishing off undercoating, but not too sure how much I'll get done. Finally got some more paints (metallics), so will be continuing with my Empire General aswel. Atm he is taking priority in my limited painting time. But, I'm working on it, and hopefully will be able to update 2 threads this week xD.

With that being said, good luck to everyone else participating!

Cheers,
Jed

uga bug

Black Knight
RE: ChaosJedi Plog

Well if mantic have got somethign out of stock don't expect your order anytime soon...I waited 5 weeks for my order when it was out of stock!

you may be pleased we're creating our threads but we still have to wait another week and a half before it all begins :(

Santawraith

Master Liche
True Blood

thats nothing bit's ordering from gw takes months sometimes. (still waiting on my vulkan hestan.ordered in december) Good luck on the shipping though.

Yeah, I told Oni I won't really get any painting uploaded until next month, so no worries there. I emailed Mantic after the first two weeks without it arriving, they said they were out of stock, they then emailed me a few days later saying it was in stock. So, hoping it get here on Monday. Santawraith, I would email GW (if you haven't already), and ask then what the hell is going on! It the 7th month now, so it shouldn't take 8months to get a product in stock. You should querry it, then if they still say "no stock", see if you can get you're money back and try another online stockist.

Lol, I have to get to work now.

Santawraith

Master Liche
True Blood

Ohhh i have sorta see we ordered them through the store the wife works at. They fill orders to a distributer then they fill ours. But due to regulations they fill orders to online customers first. shrugs we waited 5 months for our order of space marine stuff before and it was just termies and marines. This explains why i buy off ebay most the times.

A

alairauston

I'm not sure about the minds of people who you interview, but it could go both ways. They could see the people in-front of them as individuals who aren't afraid to express themselves, which I guess would be a positive trait but well if mantis have got something out of stock don't expect your order any time soon...I waited 5 weeks for my order when it was out of stock!

Capt Rubber Ducky

Vampire Count
True Blood

alairauston, I don't mean to offend but that last post of yours seemed rather bot like? When in this thread has anyone mentioned interviews? (Unless i've missed the blindingly obvious) and your last sentance seems to have been copyed from uga bug's earlier post.

:siren: PM sent :siren:

I hope your order turns up in time ChaosJedi666

Well no parcel yet...:( However, it gave me time to get some more undercoating done! Yay, my Corpse Cart is *finally* black (started him about 6 months ago :redface: ), also have a Brettonian Knight undercoated (that makes 3 1/2 black now!) and some Empire Wizards. But, they won't be featured in this Plog, so no need to worry. Got 3 tubs of Chaos Black, 'cos I undercoat by hand (I still don't trust spray cans), I think I'll through them pretty quickly. Also, won several online auctions. Basically, another 150 mini's. From memory, 127 are from the LoTR range, got them for $60 NZD. A steal really. Some Dwarf stuff, etc etc. Lol, I tend to buy whatever is really cheap, and not care what army it is. So now I have VC, Empire, Dwarf, Bret, HE, and for 40K there is SM, 'Nids, and pretty much every army from LoTR. Lol, bit of a horder...:redface: Gone off topic a bit too:redface: Work right through the rest of the week, so will try and get some undercoated pics up next week. But, its going to be busy. Still have my Empire thread to continue on with (I have metallics now xD ), so no excuses there. Aside from time, having my eyes in focus (My eyesight has gotten worse, so need stronger lenses. More $$$ to spend :'( ). I'm off to bed, so, picture updates next week!

YAY! My Mantic order arrived! Currently putting them together, and will spend tonight undercoating. Will have the undercoated pics of all my pledged mini's on Tuesday. If I can get them all done, and I don't spend tomorrow catching up on sleep then will be tomorrow.

So, think is what I pledged, but I have :
Corpse Cart
50 Skellies (Might do the other 20 I have, but depends on how time goes)
Wight King on Foot
Wight King on Foot with Battle Standard
2 Necromancers

Dalamyr, Fleet Master of Umbar
Bullroarer Took (Mounted and on Foot)
Orc Captain with Battle Standard

With the LoTR models I don't know if I will be able to those ones. I have them, but am currently unsure of what I will do with them. If not, I'll do Aragorn King of Gondor model (mounted) aswel as a box set of Knights of Dol Amroth.

Cheers,
Jed

Onikaigo

Vampire Lord
True Blood

Remember, we still need Before pictures!

Glad to see you're on Board, chaosjedi! Good luck to you, my Plog should be posted in a bit.

Ok, so finally got some photos.

First up, is unassembled mini's.

Up close of weapons. Seriously, Mantic's skellies are like a puzzle. Seems fairly basic, but can be a right pain to do. xD

Assembled, but needing undercoat.
Some skellies.

Battle Standard Bearer, played around with the spare bits here, but not quite sure about it...

And, group shot with Bullroarer Took (both), both Wight Kings, and Orc Captain.

Next up, Undercoated.
Some Skellies.

Corpse Cart

Dalamyr, Blood Dragon on Foot, and Necromancer. Slightly converted Blood Dragon. His shield arm, I removed the hand and gave him another sword, mainly 'cos I got him off TradeMe, and he didn't come with shield, but I think he looks alright. ;)

Just because I can, this is the guy who made my order get delayed. He was the one out of stock, and doing him in a seperate project. xD

Sorry about the quality of the pics. For the Mhorgoth the Faceless model I had to use flash, otherwise you couldn't see him. The rest, I am thinking about a light box, but really just can't be bothered taking the time to do it. Lol, as if I get spare time. xD

And, just remembered I took this. :redface: But, group hug!

Alright, so this is what I will be painting. Hope I haven't left anything out...

Onikaigo

Vampire Lord
True Blood

Very nice! Just remember, one model at a time. It's intimidating to look at a horde of unpainted models, so just one model at a time, one rank a week, etc. :)

Looking forward to seeing what you're going to do with the Mantic stuff.

Santawraith

Master Liche
True Blood
RE: ChaosJedi Tale of X Gamers Plog - Now with Pictures!

I love the standard bearer. I was considring to get some mantic skeletons but havent yet.

Thanks, he was a right pain to do. Its essentially two standards glued together, with a skellie body glued to it. The only problem was getting the two standards to stay together, as on hand would not fit right, or they wouldn't stay stuck in the middle. Annoying as hell. Must have glued my fingers to it a dozen times. xD Will try and get some done tonight, most of them are now assembled, just have to give the last half a dozen or so swords. Was looking at them this morning, and just realised that I'd done some unit filler bases, so now I'm about 8 bases short. :slapface: Lol, I'll end up doing another order with them, and ask for more bases...I'll ask real nice if they can throw them in for free :devil2:

Alright, so whilst no update, things have been going really slowly at the moment, but will get some work done sometime this week and should have update pictures by, uh, Tuesday.

Boo

Vampire Lord
True Blood

yay pictures! :D

You're off to a great start, just keep on going. :)

uga bug

Black Knight

I wasn't sure about the look of the mantic skeletons at first, but the more i see them the more i like them! You should include morgoth in your pledge!

Disciple of Nagash

The Perverted One
Staff member

The mantic skellies are great - see my review! xD

Looking good CJ (your new abbreviation so I don't have to write out your full name every time xD), and the conversions look fine to me.

Yes pictures, the hard part though seems to be putting some color onto the figures. Between work and laziness I don't much free time. xD
Uh, Mhorgoth *probably* won't be included in the pledge. Hell I'll probably struggle to get this lot painted. Also have a heap more LoTR mini's to do (when they arrive, of course).
DoN, yeah you're review was what made me buy them. Starting to regret it now, as they're a pain to assemble. CJ is fine, reminds me of GTA San Andreas. Except I'm a thin white guy with a 'legal' job. :devil2:

While I'm personally not a fan of Mantic's minis it will be nice to see them painted so I'm looking forward to that.

IvorTangrean said:
ChaosJedi666 said:
Starting to regret it now, as they're a pain to assemble.
I have never built any GW skelies but I find the Mantic guys easy to build.
Yeah, but I was an idiot and got 60 Revenants. Even worse is I am still debating about whether or not to get 120 more...

ChaosJedi666 said:
Yeah, but I was an idiot and got 60 Revenants. Even worse is I am still debating about whether or not to get 120 more...
I got some Revenants as well, the legs are the same mould so they are not very different in how you build them.