• Roll-up! Roll-up! Come one and all the fantastic Turning the World to Darkness painting competition. Welcome to any skill level, you can find out more here.
  • It's time once again to ferret out those murderous vampires in a new VAU - Vampires Amongst Us. A cross between Cluedo and a roleplay, sometimes gory and often hilarious! Find out more here.

TVC II Supplemental Chapter -1: Southern Diplomacy

Simon von Carstein

The Poetic Fiend
True Blood
One League south of the Blood River 2530

It was a small group who approached the small fortified encampment. In the distance they could see a great mass. A Carstein army. As per the agreement they were over a mile away from where the negotiations were to take place.

Armoured wights watched the newcomers as they entered the encampment and slowly made their way to the Pavilion at the centre. They were met at the entrance by a mortal man in dark armour who led the group within.

"Queen Esmerelda Tir'Vanzahani-Du'Soliel Ruler of Zahanil." the man announced as the party entered. The Queen stepped forward and was met by another apparently mortal man in a more elaborate armour.

"You are to be congratulated." he said with an unpleasant arrogant smile. "My sources have informed me that, you have managed to amass an impressive army in a relatively short amount of time from the scum that we have been driving southwards. Indeed the Lord Imperator himself has some concerns about Zahanil's plans for the future."

The armies of Zahanil and the Von Carpeting had gathered by the blood river. Esmerelda smiled as the proud men of the Strigany were gathered to defend their people should circumstance force them to do so. Sighting the pavilion ahead Queen turned to her retinue.

Well gentlemen it seems we have arrived just in time for the party."

The men chuckled at the Queen's remark, they embraced her as such despite the fact that she was only half Strigany by birth. Upon her coronation, the Seeress's had declared her not just Queen of Zahanil, but the hope of a united Strigany people under their own rule. They drew closer, the Foreign minister spoke.

Do not forget my lady, this Kalaine may only be a mere man such as myself, but he has the ego of Vashanesh's children."

"Then I do not doubt he has the lusts of a mere man. Tell me Alexios, how do I look?"

The captain responded.

"like a Goddess manifest upon the Old world"

Esmerelda chuckled slightly

"Careful Alexios, the Cult of Vashanesh's followers will scream blasphemy should you put it in Reikspeil."

The retinue finally entered the pavilion, there stood Kalaine though his ego was the first thing the Queen felt. It continued as he spoke. Sarcasm laced his voice he conveyed Imperator Von Carstein's 'congratulations' at her assembled army. Irritation pulsed in her cold, dead veins as he referred to the men as scum, but she smiled and spoke.

"Ahhh Kalaine, Kaijo of the Mulli-Manishie. Indeed I have raised quite the army, the life of the Strigany can make him a strong warrior and loyal to his kinsman."

The mortal then carried on about his Lord's concern for Zahanil's expansion. To Esmerelda it felt flattering to be considered a threat. Kalaine then goes on to enquire as to her intentions. Six words flowed from her lips.

"To be a nation once more."

-----
All sentences in green are in the Strigany tongue.

Kaijo is a very insulting name for a non-Strigany.

Simon von Carstein

The Poetic Fiend
True Blood
Kalaine settled down into his throne. From outside manservants brought in other more chairs for Esmerelda and her entourage. Fixing her once again with a smile he said

"That's Grand Marshal Kalaine your majesty. I am the Lord of Western Ikaana I answer only to Lord Simon von Carstein and speak for him at these negotiations." he leaned back in his throne.

"I have been sent here to enquire your plans in this region and to find some missing members of the Carstein household. They were last known to be in this area. You wouldn't happen to know of them would you?"

Esmerelda took a seat, gesturing to her followers to do so as well, removing her silver coat and unveiling a dress which clung to her body tightly. She laughed mentally at the human's hubris, correcting her as though she were merely an envoy. Kalaine then began to enquire as to the whereabouts of some Carstein
vampires that went missing in the area. Alas she had found herself another game to play with the servants of Imperator.

"Well then Grand Marshal Kalaine, I would normally not tell a Gadjo such as yourself what we plan to do...."

She turned her head to her retinue, they knew what she intended to with this diplomacy.

"Alas mortal, I shall indulge you. We are merely keeping our eyes on where our enemies strike, to make safe my people who walk this way to Zahanil."

The Queen then grinned, slightly exposing her Vampiric fangs.

As for your master's kinsmen, if they wondered round here, the Old fathers only know what peril befell them. Orcs, Vampire hunters, a hungry Strigoi? Who knows? Either way they are as we Strigany say "dust scattered to the wind, never to be found again."

Simon von Carstein

The Poetic Fiend
True Blood
"My dear lady I am probably older than you are." The Grand Marshal replied "I haven't been mortal for many hundreds of years. So please do not treat me as if I one of those Strigany animals you have adopted."

The Grand Marshal leaned forward "It is most unfortunate about my masters kinsman pray he doesn't send my Colleague Grand Marshal Aurelius down here. I'm sure your people remember him after all he is the reason you have any manpower in your little nation at all."

Standing up he walked over to a map of the Old World "In five years we have taken all the former Border Princedoms and half of the Empire, in the next twenty five we intend to have all of the Empire and the Badlands, the next thirty years will see the our banner over Sartosa and the cities of Araby and in a hundred Kislev, Norsca and Brettonia will be taking their orders from us."

He turned to face Esmerelda "So you see its within your best interests to stay on good terms with us. You can remain here as a client kingdom and neutral or you can continue to oppose us and see it all laid to waste with a Carstein governor appointed to keep an eye on the ashes."

In the end all Esmerelda did was laugh, how arrogant was he to think that all these nations would bend their knee in subservience to the sons of Vashanesh? She laughed harder knowing that the other races will not stand for such a threat. Once the race of men begin to face submission to the Von Carsteins, other mortals will band together. The Tir'Vanzahani amulet glowed upon her breast revealing insights into the murky skeins of the future. Esmerelda smiled, her laughing bout now ended.

"The smallest of plagues can bring down a dragon. We are not mindless cultists who kowtow before a false god! You think I adopted the Strigany? I was already part of the people by my mother's blood. The world will not bow down to your master Kalaine as easy as you think. It is not just the race of man who you will deal with in the future Kaijo. Once they realise the threat you pose, the other races will come knocking at your door with blade in hand, set to pierce your master's black unbeating heart. It is not just the people of Strigos who bear arms against the Von Carsteins. Vampires who wish to bring down your master. Strigoi who wish to rebuild the glory of Strigos, Lahmians who weary of your domination, Blood Dragons seek war for a noble cause and Necrarchs who's towers you have burnt to the ground. Your Imperator believes himself immune to the ramifications of his conquests, but it will come back to strike him like the lightning bolt of a wrathful deity."

Esmerelda smiled coyly.

"Where is your master Grand Marshall? You may say he is not here to deal with me because I'm the stuff he scrapes off of his boot ... Or is it something else? Does he fear me? Someone who is not a slave to the whims of Simon Von Carstein, the Mullie-manishie, the wretched Kaijo who suckled from Isabella's rancid teat. I do not fear him, as long as there are those like me who walk the world he will not be the master of everything. By the way, I have a gift for master. In the end all Esmerelda did was laugh, how arrogant was he to think that all these nations would bend their knee in subservience to the sons of Vashanesh? She laughed harder knowing that the other races will not stand for such a threat. Once the race of men begin to face submission to the Von Carsteins, other mortals will band together. The Tir'Vanzahani amulet glowed upon her breast revealing insights into the murky skeins of the future. Esmerelda smiled, her laughing bout now ended.

"The smallest of plagues can bring down a dragon. We are not mindless cultists who kowtow before a false god! You think I adopted the Strigany? I was already part of the people by my mother's blood. The world will not bow down to your master Kalaine as easy as you think. It is not just the race of man who you will deal with in the future Kaijo. Once they realise the threat you pose, the other races will come knocking at your door with blade in hand, set to pierce your master's black unbeating heart. It is not just the people of Strigos who bear arms against the Von Carsteins. Vampires who wish to bring down your master. Strigoi who wish to rebuild the glory of Strigos, Lahmians who weary of your domination, Blood Dragons who seek war for a noble cause and Necrarchs who's towers you have burnt to the ground. Your Imperator believes himself immune to the ramifications of his conquests, but it will come back to strike hi like the lightning bolt of a wrathful deity."

Esmerelda smiled coyly.

"Where is your master Grand Marshall? You may say he is not here to deal with me because I'm the stuff he scrapes off of his boot ... Or is it something else? Does he fear me? Someone who is not a slave to the whims of Simon Von Carstein, the Mullie-manishie, the wretched Kaijo who suckled from Isabella's rancid teat. I do not fear him, as long as there are those like me who walk the world he will not be the master of everything. By the way, I have a gift for your master."

The Queen then made a gesture to Alexios, who brought forth a small brown sack. Esmerelda reached for it and then placed her hand within. As she receded it, she pulled some sort dust from it. The lahmian then blew it all over the Grand Marshal and chuckled.

"I have a feeling you might recognise smell."

Simon von Carstein

The Poetic Fiend
True Blood
Kalaine smelt the dust as blew over him. "How unfortunate." he commented "This could certainly have repercussions in the future." he said quietly.

"As to where my master is I believe he has more important things to deal with. He is the master of Ikaana after all and he is somewhat incapable of fear. But then actually being within sword striking range of the Lord of the Undead can do that to you."

He sat back down. "Whilst the rest of the bloodlines were serving Nagash or hiding away like mewling quims my master was fighting to vanquish that monster. It is because of my masters that all practitioners of Necromancy vampires, liches, Mortals are now free to do as they wish in this world and with this new found freedom my masters have decided to take the Old World and kill all who stand in the way. Its a fair trade."