• Roll-up! Roll-up! Come one and all the fantastic Turning the World to Darkness painting competition. Welcome to any skill level, you can find out more here.
  • It's time once again to ferret out those murderous vampires in a new VAU - Vampires Amongst Us. A cross between Cluedo and a roleplay, sometimes gory and often hilarious! Find out more here.

TVC II Chapter 10 - A Risky Venture

Disciple of Nagash

The Perverted One
Staff member
OOC: This thread is for Disciple of Nagash and @Get of W'soran only for the moment

Rowhaine turned to face the Regent. The discussion with Anya after the Council meeting had been a long one, and still he was unsure. Her plan was well considered, justified and a necessity to know the foe that they faced. But still the thought of sending her alone galled him, and as such he was glad he had made his need to talk clear to the Regent.

"My Lord Carstein," Rowhaine greeted him. The invitation to the Regent's chambers were also welcome, there would be very few places that would be as secure from prying eyes and ears. Sitting down at the offered chair, Rowhaine addressed his host,

"As you have provided support to the Council, but ultimately have little choice of their courses of action, my position is similar.

I fear their confidence has been shaken by a foe they do not truly understand, and in truth neither do I. We try to plan for the unknown, and yet our enemy seems to be one step ahead of us."

Rowhaine drew his hands down over his face, his fatigue from relentless action over the past few weeks showing through,

"To that end I still stand by my initial thoughts, we must confirm who we fight, and also why we fight them. Is it just our destruction they seek, or are there other factors we are unaware of?

Yet it is clear that a plan such as before will not work, likely we will only walk into another trap. Therefore a proposal has been made......a proposal that in truth I am loathe to agree to, yet one I feel stands the greatest chance of success."

The Champion looked into the Regent's eyes, trying to gauge the vampire, but nothing was given by the unreadable expression.

"The Princess has suggested that she alone makes the journey north. Her abilities granted by Neru grant her invisibility beyond any magic I have ever seen. When I first arrived she was present and not detected by any member here, nor any of the wards. In truth her abilities in this area are one of a kind, and ideally suited to approaching undetected.

However as we have already seen, whilst she is a potent warrior in her own right, she cannot compare to those who have trained for hundreds of years in combat. If she is somehow discovered, I fear for the worst.

As so I come to you Regent. Your soldiers, your assassins are clearly trained for this type of work. Anya's life was saved once in such a way, and I believe that such protection would ensure her safety whilst being appropriately subtle. Whilst he has already made his plans clear, I would request that Satsu accompany Anya to the northern wastes, to determine one and for all if we do face Vekarin."

Get of W'soran

CN's Lord of Masks
True Blood
Karl had watched impassively as Rowhaine spoke, once the Champion was done the Regent frowned slightly in thought apparently considering mortal's words.

Without speaking he lifted his silver cane, as he held it a primal, savage kind of magic swirled around the item before he slammed it into the floor. A bright flash of blue light filled the air followed by a cold breeze from the Kislevite sorcery.

Suddenly the wall to the right of Karl darkened, shadows crawled along the wall and darted outwards to envelope the ground beneath the vampire and Divine Champion.

"Satsu." Karl murmured.

Next to the Regent a Shadow slowly rose from the floor, at first a formless pillar of darkness and then taking humanoid shape. After a few moments the Masked Vampire stood before them.

"My Lord." he greeted with a deep bow.

Karl nodded and lifted his cane from the ground, deactivating whatever ward of summoning had been previously invoked and dismissing the supernatural shadows.

"Rowhaine has requested that you travel with the Princess to the Chaos wastes to fulfill the mission that the Council previously failed, due to the possibility of infiltrators amongst the Council and our own forces I believe this to be wise."

The vampire looked between the two "But...Helena's training..."

"Can be overseen by another for now. Send a servant to inform her that she is to report to our agent in Altdorf, he can watch her whilst she is in the city."

Satsu nodded slowly "She does have a former relationship with him, he could control her for a time I suppose."

The Regent looked back to Rowhaine "And my friend, as a showing of trust, of our familial bond and to help with your fears for the Princess's safety." he gestured at Satsu "Remove your mask."

Disciple of Nagash

The Perverted One
Staff member
Rowhaine's eyes widened in shock as he regarded the face before him.

"Well I certainly did not expect that," the Champion said, "but a welcome surprise nontheless.

'Welcome?!' Asaph's voice his in his mind, 'after the atrocities he has carried out?!'

Rowhaine ignored the goddess, gesturing for the assassin to remask himself.

"You have my sincerest thanks, both for your support but also for the acceptance into your confidence. I now have little doubt that with their combined abilities they will be able to evade detection and once and for all find out who we face." Rowhaine paused for a moment before considering his next words,

"Whilst I have no doubt that many of your brethren may be trusted as much, I suggest that we do not inform anyone else of this mission. For my part, only Anya and blessed Asaph know of this."

Get of W'soran

CN's Lord of Masks
True Blood
Karl nodded but before he could speak Satsu chuckled, his voice distorting as the enchantment on his mask reactivated.

"That is good advice especially with my former.." he trailed off, his initial amusement quickly fading.

Karl sighed softly "Quite. I will inform Simon alone." he looked over at Satsu "And who will you need to inform?"

Satsu seemed to consider the question. "I shall tell Kenji, he and his blademasters are the only members of my order that I can be positive will never betray me. That way if things go wrong he and his men can use the shadow-step to help us escape."

That statement hung in the air for a moment, despite the forced calmness of his words it was clear how much speaking the sentence grieved him.

Karl frowned slightly "Not Commander Meta?"

The assassin shook his head.

The Regent waited for a few moments, expected more from the other vampire before nodded slightly and looking back to Rowhaine. "Will the Princess need any supplies readied? I understand a mortal's needs are different to our own."

Get of W'soran

CN's Lord of Masks
True Blood
Before Rowhaine could respond Karl's expression changed as he recalled something from the earlier meeting.

"Oh yes, I had almost forgot." he Regent said "As was mentioned during the Council Meeting I will be sending Knights with your group to the Queen's fortress both as protection because of the events with Silibar's men and any possible treachery from Nefereta."

Satsu spoke softly "Anastasia and another Commander will lead a reasonably sized group of my Order, they will stay out of sight of your fellow Council members so as to not bother them. If they need to be in touch Anastasia has been instructed to speak to you directly. They will keep an eye out for attackers in the shadows and scout ahead to keep an eye for trouble."

Karl nodded to the assassin before turning his gaze back to Rowhaine "This has already been arranged however Grandmaster von Müller will wish to know how many of his men you need. We wish to send a combined Blood Knight - Drakenhof Templar force for many reasons. One is that it will grant a certain amount of prestige, even the arrogance of Nefereta will have to wane momentarily when considering the obvious Triumvirate political and military strength behind The Vampire Council."

Karl smiled slightly "Even if there's no physical threat it will lend weight towards your negotiations, especially with the Grandmaster himself present."