• It's time once again to ferret out those murderous vampires in a new VAU - Vampires Amongst Us. A cross between Cluedo and a roleplay, sometimes gory and often hilarious! Find out more and sign-up! here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Count Darvaleth

I <3 marmite
True Blood
Apr 26, 2010
Kraskor furiously relayed images and directions back to Alastor and Nehklior, showing them the size of the forces arrayed against them. There were nearly seventy armed men, all well equipped and seemingly well-trained. They stood to attention as Kraskor arrived, making way for a knight. The man was fully-armoured, but bore a great two-handed sword, marking him as a questing knight.

The knight spat at the ground under Kraskor's feet, who only bore his fangs menacingly in reply. The knight didn't shy away, but the consternation was clear from his face as Kraskor was marched towards a large tent.

As the vampire approached, a man wearing a bright orange robe, with fiery red hair, approached. He was old and gnarled, gripping an ancient staff tightly in his withered hands. The man said nothing, only stooped in his lilting-gait before coming to rest as Kraskor passed him. The vampire relayed the image of the fire wizard, along with the knight and the soldiers, back to Alastor.

Soon, said Kraskor via the Link, very soon.

As Kraskor entered the tent, the commander came forward. Rowhaine was chained behind him, and looked up quizzically at Kraskor.

"So, Mircea von Carstein," drawled the commander, earning Kraskor even higher-raised eyebrows from Rowhaine. "You thought yourself untouchable, but now we have you. And, my men tell me, the perfect weapon to force you into spilling your secrets..." the man indicated, and two soldiers came forth, holding a bucket of water. Kraskor stifled a splutter. "We know water is your weakness, we know the discomfort it causes to vampires. You may have thought that by coming here you could save your friend, but we're going to take both of you. We'll use this water, find out what you know, and then-" the man was cut off.

Kraskor was laughing. It was a coarse, harsh laugh, grating in the mens' ears.

"You fools," he whispered, before sending an explosive "NOW!" via the Link. As the commander heard noises of battle, he looked up alarmed.

"Go!" shouted Kraskor to Rowhaine, who immediately disappeared in a flash of light. Kraskor heaved, smashing open his chains from behind his back, before letting out a roar to the sky.

Bloodclaw answered, the great black dragon descending onto the tent and unleashing a searing flame, setting the command tent alight before taking off again. Men were running everywhere, and the commander, along with all the soldiers, stumbled outside the flaming tent. Kraskor let loose red lightning from his hand, blowing open a hole in the tent from the side, jumping out before the flames caught him.

He was met with chaos.

Get of W'soran

CN's Lord of Masks
True Blood
Apr 23, 2008
Behind the Throne
For a short time Nekhlior led the council as Kraskor informed him until they came to the edge of the Imperial encampment.

Nekhlior relayed the command to attack as soon as he was informed to by his apprentice and at the same moment called his own colossal undead Dragon to assault the humans.
In the next moment the Necrarch vanished in a swirl of shadow teleporting to Kraskor's side.

"In the future when you decide to do something of such foolishness please inform me first so that I may banish you to the vaults of my tower." Nekhlior said drily before waving his hand and summoning a black Khopesh and driving it into the ground before him.

"Since you disarmed yourself I took the liberty of asking Rowhaine to send something from our collection."

Nekhlior turned and strode away towards the chaos.
"Now I'm going to try and find a wizard to kill."

---------------------

Dieter ducked under a mortal's blade before slashing his own sword down into the human's shoulder and stepped away leaving the fallen soldier to die as he screamed in pain.

Dieter moved back towards a few of the council members and nodded at the Necromancer as he came into view.
"Morturion." he murmured softly "Would you like a swordsman to cover you as you enact your spellcraft?"

The Blood Dragon had little knowledge of magic himself but he was aware it took time to cast spells and that one could use protection during those moments.

Malochai

Staff member
True Blood
Aug 4, 2010
England
Markus strode serenely towards the human running at him, whose breath was ragged, his sword arm shaking slightly. The longsword swung downwards, all of the mans strength behind it, and whilst quick for a man, he easily deflected the sword with his left Claw, sending the blow wide. He snarled his dissatisfaction with the fight, and said, "Your death comes from Shah al-Hamid ... The Lion opens your stomach!" With that, he flicked the articulated blades of his right Claw and deep, mortal wounds were inflicted, and another scream tore through the night air. The stench of blood washed over him, and his fangs grew beneath his mask, visible through the hole of the lion's mouth.

Whilst he snuck a quick look about, he flicked his weapons, globules of black blood spraying through the air. He snorted; the man had been a disgraceful warrior. Looking about, he saw Dieter talking to Morturion and snarled; the necromancer was welcome to get himself killed if he so wished. Behind Markus, the five members of the Under Guard who had accompanied him were acquitting themselves well, and Lukas was drawing his blade from the gut of a soldier. A firepit in front of the vampire lit up his golden mask, the flickering flames making his mask look like that of daemon. He laughed at the poor, pathetic humans dying before the Council.

"Are there any here who would challenge Shah al-Hamid, the Lion of Araby?" he roared, voice piercing the noise of battle.

The Dread King

Staff member
True Blood
Jan 28, 2012
It is annoying that Kraskor has escaped already. That made Morturion start. Renhurst will need to get back to castle Drakenhof. He made the silent command, and Renhurst did as he was bid, tramping back and far away from the battle.

Slightly shocked by Dieter's question, Morturion stuttered. It had been a long while since someone had offered him a favour. Too long. "Ah...yes, thank you. Your protection would be of great help. I intend to kill the commander of this force myself."

Morturion readied his scythe as his full-body armour gleamed. His necromancers were behind him, and as he glanced around at the fleeing humans, he saw something. "You," he called out at one of the soldiers. The man was suddenly held to the ground by black ropes. Terrified, he looked back at Morturion. "Yes, you. The one with your courage running down your leg. Well, your face annoys me. Correct it." A wave of magical energy smashed into the man, obliterating him instantly.

And so began an orgy of slaughter as Morturion stepped around with his guards and Dieter, killing whole waves of troops with little effort. Dieter guarded him whilst he was casting spells excellently, and his necromancers' flickering shadows never left Morturion's side.

"Now, where is - aha!" He stepped forward in anticipation as he saw the proud captain who'd entered the council chamber earlier. With a quick step forward and a thrust, the man's sword was parried, and he staggered backwards from the force of the blow dealt. Morturion kicked his legs out, and decapitated him with one swing of his scythe. The man's soul was visible for an instant, before it was sucked into the weapon. "I knew you'd regret telling me to surrender," he remarked dryly at the corpse.

Morturion breathed in the smells of death and fear; they were almost as good as power. Almost as good as what he was about to demonstrate. "Time to end this," he growled through his helmet. From his cloak, he pull out something that seemed to be from somewhere else in the world, the coat could not possibly have held a machine of such a size without being magical. Morturion plonked the horrible device on the ground. It had twisted faces all over it, and glowed as bright green as witchfire. "This will require some time and energy to set up," he remarked as wights formed a protective circle around him, "but it should do the trick. Most of the enemy soldiers here will have their souls ripped out of their bodies when this starts up. Witherer, Defiance, Vagenhast; let's get cracking."

Dark beasts seemed to prance around the deadly artefact next to Morturion, and the glow it gave off increased graudally. A humming noise began, and the expression on Morturion's face was intense. The humming grew yet louder, and Morturion said, "Cover your ears...Dieter? Is that your name? The sound shouldn't harm you if you hear this, but I can't be 100% sure..." Morturion then started to chant with his eyes closed, and sank to his knees. Finally, the sound grew to a climax, and light burst out, as if liberated, from the machine, and a ghastly, ear-splitting scream was emitted. The wights started to fall, and Morturion opened his eyes. Slowly, he stood up, and the soldiers breaking his lines started to look confused as they lost enthusiasm. It was almost as if they didn't have control of their bodies. "You're all dead men," Morturion said in an audible whisper, and panic clearly showed on their faces.

Then, they started to collapse, and the machine seemed to be absorbing unearthly substance. Almost half of the human army was collapsing, when a fireball smashed into the machine, which seemed to stop functioning for the meantime. Nobody else seemed to be dying from the contraption's effects, and the people who were still in the process of dying stood up as their souls' connections to the Aethyr grew strong once again. Morturion cursed. "A fire wizard. Damn it, that machine of mine won't work again for a few days at the least. I'll deal with him-" Then Morturion spotted Nekhlior descending upon the flaming nincompoop. "-but he's Nekhlior's prey. I need to find the commander."

Morturion turned around, and his force regrouped. Enemy troops were, at the closest, 15 metres away from him. His machine had wreaked serious damage. Morturion spotted a shining helm in the distance, and said, "Ah! Some prey above the normal human level. Whoever that is, he's a dead dog now." Blasting his way ahead, he ran towards his chosen foe at a formidable speed.

the hidden one

Streets Ahead
Jan 20, 2012
Igor mercilessly slit the throat of another soldier, who died with a look of surprise on his face. This was one of many similar deaths he had caused, all while remaining invisible for most of the time, only reaching out to strike silently. He made his way toward the tent where kraskor had broken free, and quickly slew the guards with two contemptuous strikes to the throat.

Malochai

Staff member
True Blood
Aug 4, 2010
England
Shah roared, an eerily accurate imitation of his namesake creature. The sound resounded over the battle, and the Lion span about on his heel, seeing a few small fights. "Will none of you take my challenge? Are all of you dishonourable women, afraid of death before your time?" His anger was evident, and he lashed out at a man who was trying to skirt around him in the melee, from shoulder to hip, severing his spine. Another roar, and then someone responded. "I will take your challenge, Beast!"

A pitying laugh came from the mask, and Markus nodded graciously. "You are not all terrified then, like sheep. I applaud your audacity ... But you shall die, nonetheless." The soldier didn't reply, instead lunging forward with a feinting jab towards Markus' right hand side, which he reversed with great skill at the less second, spinning around with a slash at his left hand leg. The Claws made the parry, but the soldier - whose armour Markus now noted was more ornate than that of the other soldiers he had so far encountered - intercepted his return stroke, although his blade had several notches in the metal; clearly the smiths of ancient Nehekhara were better than those of the Empire. 'Not surprising,' he thought, and found himself reflexively parrying blow after blow. He snarled when he found his opponent made no errors worth noting - his form was slightly off one blow, a parry less than half a second too late another - but they didn't give him the opening he needed.

He took a breath, and jumped backwards, causing the soldiers blow to over extend his reach, and he had to take a step to balance himself. Once Markus started flicking his Claws about, scraping armour and piercing mail, the fight was all but over - with the Lion on the attack, there as little the human could do, the greater strength and speed of the vampire telling. Seconds later, it was finished, the captain bleeding on the floor, his left leg hamstrung, right arm cut into the bone, and his throat torn open. Blood was pumping out of the wounds, and the man tried to say something, but only a weak gurgle came out. He was the only one to hear it, for Markus had already moved on, spinning elegantly despite his size and cutting down more men easily. "You are all weak! Your mothers would be offended to see their offspring die so easily! I was a better blade at the age of eighteen, you whoresons! That man was a sergeant? Captain? HE WAS WEAK! GIVE ME A CHALLENGE!"

Mello

Hasn't left TVC for the rest of the forum
True Blood
Oct 26, 2010
Peterborough
Static filled the air, coruscating between the plates of soldiers' armor. Alastor appeared a minor electric storm, which unfortunately turned out to be harmless. Holding a blade that he had to admit was heavy even for him, Alastor approached Kraskor.

"Here, seeing as you decided to disarm yourself, I've br-" Alastor caught his breath as he saw a black sword of some type being swung around nearly faster than he could see. His shoulders sagged slightly, he had gone to all that effort..

"Well, I guess you won't be needing this, I took a rubbish one anyway, didn't think you'd want to waste a good one". Alastor grunted as he dropped the blade, he didn't want it after all. He was quite impressed that Kraskor was managing to keep both himself and Alastor alive, as Alastor wasn't doing anything to actually defend himself. He could, however sense the annoyance through the Link.

Well, better fend for myself then..

Alastor swirled on the spot, his cloak billowing out, and vanished with a faint whisper of air.

Near the outskirts of the battle, the once sleeping, or badly prepared soldiers were still kitting up and stumbling towards the battle, unaware of the atrocious death they would witness.

A man, a little too old to be fighting, was strapping on his chest plate. He paused, feeling a slight chill behind him. He began turning, but gasped and looked down. A bloody fist protruded from his stomach. It twisted and pulled itself back through his body. As the soldier fell to the ground, Alastor stared at his fist with perplexity. He didn't think he was that strong.

As others turned towards him, shouting and pointing, Alastor adjusted his mask slightly, and smiled evilly. This was going to be fun. As the seven or so people ran towards him, Alastor sprinted forwards, his cloak billowing behind him. He was still unsure as to what his limits were though, and ran into the first soldier headlong, sending the pair flying, and denting the humans armor. When the soldier landed, Alastor was no longer with him, and a nearby spearmen came flying out of his tent, his back at an unnatural angle.

Alastor landed with a roll, yet still ended up creating a huge mudslide on the ground. He smirked at the reactions to the soldiers, who were just about putting two and two together. He hissed menacingly, and the men started with fear. Suddenly he was behind one, who he picked up bodily and threw at nothing in particular, reappearing to knock another to the ground, stamping on his head and driving it into the mud, as well as breaking his nose.

Alastor was beginning to enjoy today.

the hidden one

Streets Ahead
Jan 20, 2012
Igor saw three knight riding full speed at him, lances raised, and did a couple of things, planning them all out at the same time. This was how he least liked to fight, on someone elses's terms, but it would have to do. He simultaneously threw his cloak back, unsheathed his daggers, and threw himself under the first horse, causing it to rear up. He cut the binding of the saddle, and slit the horses stomach, twisting his blade painfully. The rider fell backwards as the horse reared up, right onto an outstretched dagger. He died painfully. The next two knights retreated slowly, and came at him again, seeking to overwhelm him. He laughed at them, it was the predictable thing to do, and not at all the best move. He waited for the humans to get within an arms reach of killing him, then ducked faster then they could follow, hurling his daggers behind him in an extremely high arch. As each knight turned, a dagger struck them, killing them from above. Igor walked over to retrieve his daggers, and realized that he had missed, not hitting the neck, but puncturing the helm on one of the knights. He was annoyed. This would require a couple more years of practice and anticipation.

Dark_Wolfen

Grave Guard
Jun 5, 2011
Rotterdam
As Nimrais walked calmly through the edges of the battle she looked around. She wasn't very eager to fight, she wasn't even good at it. The only thing that would help her survive here was that these humans moved so slow. As bloodsplatters flew through the air she did her best to avoid them. She was wearing her finest dress and didn't want it to get dirty with this filthy blood. Suddenly, a man was charging at her, shouting at the top of his lungs. Surely, he must have thought her to be easy prey. As he struck she easily dodged the blows until she quickly grabbed the mans throat and started choking him, the sudden force on his neck was too strong and the man dropped his blade to try and force the arm off of him, he never expected a small girl to be so strong.

"Idiot, you just had to be stupid, didn't you?" The man was desperate and clawed around him, trying to reach his sword back, and during this he tore off a small piece of her clothing. Shocked, Nimrais let go of the man, but nearly instantly placed her hand on his head again as shadows and dark strings formed around them. "Goddamn you!" she shouted. The man suddenly started to scream in horror and agony as he grabbed hold of his head. Visions and feelings of nightmares and tortures entered his mind, believing them real as he started to spasm and frothing at the mouth. This rather loud and cruel looking ordeal drew the attention of another soldier, as he charged at Nimrais. "Let him go, you foul creature!" Nimrais withred her hand and magic from her victem and quickly reached for her golden hairpin, pulling it out, letting her hair loose and throwing it at the charging soldier, hitting him in his left eye before he even took a few steps. He stumbled, fell and screamed while bleeding. She looked around again, both man were still alive, one unconscious and spasming and the other screaming something about eyes and vulgarity. Nimrais slowly walked to the bleeding man, as he tried to attack her again she lifted up her small staff and struck the guy square in the jaw before hitting him again, crushing his skull. Bending down, she drew the hairpin out of the mans skull and started to clean it, whistling a tune.

Kavok

Wight King
Sep 23, 2012
Kavok had felt awkward the entire trip over to the camp, and when the slaughter started, that feeling got much worse. 'I guess the did do underhand things like taking a hostage. but this is just... messy slaughter... They were doing so well for undead monsters. I was actually starting to like them. Well... Some of them. So much one sided slaughter... Is this what the stories meant by them being monsters? I thought it was just all of them acting like that brute of a vampire that had charged in suddenly and started fighting. Though... I'm not sure how much I can blame them. Most of them are basically just using their physical abilities to overpower their enemies. Basically the core concept of honorable battle. The lord from Courounne is even asking for a worthy duel... wait... is he a lord of Courounne? He has the whole lion thing going on, but... Hmm... I may have to ask him about that some time. I should have been paying more attention to those sorts of things. I wonder if they will let people who surrender go... They got their person back and have already payed back enough blood for kidnapping one man... Maybe they will. I hope they will... I really don't think I want to fight them if I can get away with it... Not that I'd back down from a fight. No, I will face my death with honor and valor if that is what is to happen.'

With that in mind, Kavok set out to try and gather some prisoners to save them from this slaughter. Strapping on his shield, Kavok was about to take out his sword but decided against it. 'I would much prefer to not hurt them... I do miss not having my helmet right now though...' Charging towards a footman wielding a shield and hammer, Kavok bull rushed him and knocked the two of them to the ground. With Kavok's shield between himself and the other man's hammer, Kavok quickly punched the guy in the face with all his might. 'OWWW... Not doing that aga-...' Kavok quickly gave him another punch realizing he hadn't knocked the guy out with the first one. After making sure that actually knocked him out, Kavok got up shaking his fist. 'Oww... really not doing that again... People have thick skulls. Glad I had on armored gloves though, I don't think I managed to break anything in my fist then. Hmm... Oh, I'll just use this guy's hammer, if I hit the body I can incapacitate them with less of a chance of killing them.' Picking up the hammer and twirling it around for a second Kavok suddenly remembered that he was standing in something of a battlefield as another soldier charged towards him.

Kavok managed to block the assailant's downward slash with the hammer, and quickly gives a quite prayer of thanks to the lady that he was trained in using a hammer as well as the sword and other martial weapons. Throwing back the sword with the hammer, Kavok comes back with a swing towards the man's body, but gets blocked by the man's shield. Pulling the hammer back and leaving a dent, Kavok waits for another sword strike. When the other person swings low, Kavok leans over slightly to block it with his shield while also swinging in the hammer from above and managing to catch the other person by surprise. The hammer blow goes straight through the other man's defenses and breaks his collar bone.

As the man drops his sword and crumples under the pain, Kavok kicks away the sword and turns to see three people charging towards him this time. 'Oh fu-...' He gets into a defensive stand and starts whispering prayers to the lady. 'If she hasn't abandoned me yet, I'm fairly certain I'm going to need her now...'

Mello

Hasn't left TVC for the rest of the forum
True Blood
Oct 26, 2010
Peterborough
Alastor grunted as he punched clean through some badly maintained armor, knocking out its owner. Another guard ran at him from behind, he could hear the footsteps, clanking and heavy breathing. The guard lunged forwards, only to contact empty air. He crashed into the ground, only an instant later to be grabbed by the foot and bodily swung towards another guard. Both collided noisily, and fell to the ground with groans.

Alastor paused, now on top of a tent. Guards were picking themselves off the ground, shakily.

Hrmph, I need a weapon.. he thought discontentedly to himself.

He looked around him. As far as he could see from Kraskor's display, he couldn't use any mortal weapon, they just simply weren't designed for vampiric use. Problem was, Alastor was a very hard man to please. He was a man, a vampire even of the arts. He couldn't simply settle for a sword or any regular weapon. That's like settling for Buxtehude instead of Part. People don't simply listen to Buxtehude, but Part is an emotion. He should speak to Kraskor later.

or now..

Another blue flash echoed across the battlefield. Alastor picked his way across the scattered corpses, teleporting to avoid otherwise lethal blows to himself.

"Kraskor, I've come to the conclusion that if I'm going to fight, which seems" Alastor paused as he span and kicked a greatswordsman with terrific force, knocking over others like skittles. "more likely then unlikely, I'll need some sort of weapon. You know me though, I'm not having anything normal. Any reccomendations?"

Dark_Wolfen

Grave Guard
Jun 5, 2011
Rotterdam
As Nimrais collected herself again she looked at her dress. "Nothing you can't fix, my dear" her inner companion noted. "True, but stil..." Nimrais said thoughtfully. As se looked over she saw Kavok was beginning to get in some kind of trouble and decided to even out the playing field. She rushed over and in the blibk of an eye stood beside Kavok. The three charging men halted and hesitated a little, startled by her sudden appearance, but collected themselves and continued the assault.

"You're not very intimidating, you know?" the shadow cackled. "the fact that you seemed to forget that pricks blade and are dressed more for being uncomfortable than free doesn't help either. You stand with empty hands." "Well then help me out!" she snapped at the thin air, and with that, a sudden humanoid figure became visible and tangible. The figure was far less of a smartass, sensible or imaginary, and much more of a mindless puppet. Although the foggy minion wasn't capable of doing any physical harm, he provided a nice distraction and seemed to sap the strenght of his opponent a little bit with each strike.

A few seconds after the melee broke out between the soldiers and the odd trio, a bellowing shout was heard, from quite a distance in a field like this. "What is this? Is this some kind of treachery?" a fully armoured figure, looking far more sophisticated than the empire soldiers cut down a few skeletons and zombies with his two handed sword to swathe a path to the small skirmish.

Zanos

Vampire Count
True Blood
Jul 23, 2009
Alexander walked the battlefield, slaying any soldier within reach. It had been far too long since the rush of battle had held his attention, and he was making up for many years of lost time. His wights strode behind him, efficiently hacking down any that attempted to flank him. Another brave soldier charged at him, and was met with the Lifehunt sword lodged in his throat. Alexander watched as the life drained from the man's eyes, and into his sword. Feeding a thread of magic into the now lifeless body, the soldier turned and shambled away to attack his ex-comrades.

Eventually, Alexander reached Kavok, and one of the female vampires from before. They had just finished a combat with some soldiers, and a powerful looking knight was coming to them. Sensing that Kavok may need help with this, Alexander jumped above them and landed between them, sword and dagger held in a combat stance. "What's wrong, knight? Is your master plan to march into one of the strongest capitols of vampirekind not going according to plan? Allow me to reimburse you for your failings...with a duel!"

Leaning back, Alexander whispered to Kavok, "This is not your fight, and I would not blame you at all if you wish to withdraw, for now."

Kavok

Wight King
Sep 23, 2012
Kavok glanced over as Nimrais had suddenly appeared beside him, and then when the shadowy being came to distract the enemy, Kavok decided to let out a very small sigh of relief and thought 'Ok... If that was the will of the lady, I'm going to seriously have to hope the ladies here don't offer me cups of anything... I'm probably going to have to accept what ever they give me... If this is the will of the lady. I really should get some confirmation about that at some point, maybe toni-... No, mind stop. We are fighting now.' With a quick bow towards Nimrais and a "Thank you for that Lady Nimrais." before quickly going up behind the shadowy figure and striking one of them men in the breastplate.

After Kavok managing to wrench it free of the slight indent made into the breastplate, the other man fell to the ground in pain, and having trouble breathing with his armor now working against him. Kavok then stepped over the body of that man to strike at another when a blow came through the shadow at Kavok, which luckily just managed to graze his shield, but made Kavok jump a little to the side.

Now that the two men really noticed Kavok, one decided to turn and face Kavok instead of the shadow. 'Well at least this is more honorable... Though would this be considered a real battle for me? I'm not trying to really test myself here, nor am I personally trying to enact revenge for something. I'm honestly trying to cause the least amount of pain I can... Hmm... What ever. That is a matter to ponder after I don't get gutted by these guys.' And just barely manages to get his shield between him and the other guy's sword strike.

As Kavok battered aside the other man's sword with his shield and tried to strike at him with his hammer (only to achieve denting the other guy's shield some), a fully armored figure started chopping his way over towards them. With the increased amount of armor compared to the rest of the soldiers, and the more sophisticated look as well, Kavok could really only draw one conclusion. He was a knight of some sort. And the most likely option from that was he was another questing knight. 'I mean what other knight would forsake the lance in combat? That is the symbol of our honor and a half dozen other things... Unless its some form of Imperial knight, he is most definitely a questing knight. And from what I've seen of the empire they don't have noble enough people to make good knights. Why is another knight here... Probably here to kill off some undead scourge... Wonderful...'

Managing to realize he had just set his current enemy off balance, Kavok turned to she him just about recovered, and bashed him in the face with his shield, making him stumble back once more. Kavok then quickly went in and swung at the man's breastplate, sending him crumpling to the ground as well with his breathing labored and pained. Kavok then left the last man from the trio to swing at the shadow man some more, being sure to stand between the new knight and Nimrais.

Noticing Kavok seeming to be ready to fight him, the knight spat out some more curses "You dare to stand before me, you undead cur? Then taste my steel foul beast!" He then charges towards Kavok with a downward swing if his sword before Alexander suddenly drops in.

Saying back to Alexander "The reason I'm fighting isn't for you all." Seeing that Alexander was challenging the knight to a duel, Kavok decided that he was going to have to let that knight fight sir Alexander. Turning back towards the other man fighting the shadow and finally starting to run out of energy from constantly swinging at the apparition. Quickly coming up and crushing in that man's breastplate as well, Kavok then started to move the incapacitated men into a small group, kicking away their weapons as he went along. One of them had pulled out a dagger and then managed to stab Kavok in the leg. Luckily for Kavok his armor protected him from most of the blow though the dagger still made it through some. Falling to his knee Kavok then punches the guy in the face, saying a few curses and knocks the guy out. 'Why do they have to be so thick skulled... I'm trying to save their damned lives from the vampires...' After managing to collect the five people he had incapacitated into a small collection, which took a little longer with his new slight limp, Kavok looked up to see the rest of the fighting. 'This may be all I'll be able to save... If I manage to save them that is... Not sure if I'll be able to fight effectively enough with one leg hurt.'

Get of W'soran

CN's Lord of Masks
True Blood
Apr 23, 2008
Behind the Throne
Nekhlior strode forward occasionally making a gesture with his hand or staff that would throw a nearby mortal through the air. From the edge of his vision the Necrarch could see Morturion and Dieter rushing off but he took little notice.
No his attention was much more focused on the human who's aura was alight with the power of Aqshy.

So a fire mage. the vampire thought to himself.

Reaching out a hand he made a claw like gesture and whispered an incantation summoning daggers of darkness which flew towards the human wizard.

Surprisingly however the Bright Wizard turned and summoned a shield of flame to intercept the magical attack, then with a sweeping gesture of his own staff he sent flaming skulls towards the Necrarch which exploded several feet away from the vampire as they struck a shadowy barrier.

"Fall before me creature!" snarled the Wizard.

Nekhlior felt some shock at the power in the old man's voice, this mage was something else, a superior specimen than the usual lackluster magi of the Empire.

"I think not human." Nekhlior replied calmly thrusting his staff before him and sending a sphere of purple light towards the mage who countered the spell before launching his own attack.

The arcane duel continued for almost an entire minute and some of the nearby soldiers watched in horror as trees burst into flames and any human who came to close was reduced to dust as spells where deflected.

Nekhlior smiled, clearly enjoying himself, but it was going on too long...and he was wasting to much time on this insect.

Time to finish this.

Nekhlior hissed out an incantation and sent black lightning hurtling towards the Bright Wizard who managed to redirect it upwards but when he sought out his opponent for a counter-attack the vampire was gone.

"Looking for me." rasped an inhuman voice right behind the man.

The Bright Wizard spun, lashing out with his staff which Nekhlior caught.

"Rot." the vampire commanded.

The flame atop the wizard's staff spluttered and died, then the wood crumbled as it aged thousands of years in a mere moment.

The Bright Wizard stepped back and attempted a new incantation but Nekhlior's hand was around the old man's throat in but a few seconds.

The withered corpse-like immortal lifted the man from the ground with ease.

"Sad isn't it human? Even where you capable of challenging my kind with your petty cantrips it would matter little...you're just too mortal...too frail." Nekhlior said with a faint smile before tightening his grip and snapping the man's neck.

Releasing the corpse Nekhlior vanished in a swirl of shadow.

Having had his fun the Necrarch would wait for the fighting's end.

-----------------------

Dieter ran alongside Morturion, keeping up with the Necromancer with ease despite his plate armour.

"That was very impressive Necromancer." Dieter stated before skidding to a stop and lashing out with his sword to decapitate a swordsman who had been charging the Necromancer's rear.

Dieter swiftly caught up Morturion again as they continued towards new prey.

Dark_Wolfen

Grave Guard
Jun 5, 2011
Rotterdam
When the fight was over, the shadowy figure vanished dissipated. It took quite a beating and it required lots of energy of Nimrais to keep it summoned. She thought about flanking the knight, but Alexander seemed more than capable to deal with this matter. Besides, it was an official duel now. They seemed to keep strict to such things, even when the results would be quite unfortunate. Looking back at Kavok piling up the incapacitated humans, she jumped a little when he got stabbed in his leg, but he handled it quickly. She walked back over to Kavok. "Need some help? With your wound or.. whatever it is you want to achieve here?"

Kavok

Wight King
Sep 23, 2012
Glancing over at Nimrais, Kavok said "Unless you have some ability to quickly heal me, I'm not really sure how much you'd really want to help me with what I'm trying to achieve. I'm trying to have at least some of them not die. But I thank you for the offer. I'll probably just wrap my leg up and say a quick prayer to the lady and just hope it doesn't get infected. Though first I should tie these guys up to help prevent them from attacking again." Kavok then starts to remove the belts from the prisoners, and uses the belts to tie their hands behind their back. Kavok grimaces slightly when ever something would touch his new wound, but largely tried to not make any show of pain from his wound. 'Really wish I could have gotten more people... I should probably start thinking how I'm going to convince my oh so gracious hosts not to kill these men at least. Guess they are my prisoners, so maybe they will leave dealing with them to me. Hmm... Also, I wonder why she offered to help with my wound... does she have some of the ladies powers to heal wounds? That would change things. If a vampire could have those powers would that mean that at least some vampires can be accepted by the lady? Hmm... That might be interesting, though it doesn't matter until I actually see one of them doing something like that.'

the hidden one

Streets Ahead
Jan 20, 2012
Igor stood back in the shadows, content to watch the rest of the slaughter without getting involved further. The wizard had been killed by the nechrach, who was the only interesting target of all of these humans. They were at least giving the council an enemy, allowing them to stop arguing and do something.

Dark_Wolfen

Grave Guard
Jun 5, 2011
Rotterdam
"I can't really help you with magical healing no, unless it's already dead tissue," she said like it was an everyday topic, "but I can treat the wound or do something to relieve you of your pain." Seeing as Kavok tried to secure his prisoners Nimrais decided to go to one of the nearby tents that wasn't ablaze yet and took some of the rope that held it together. The carnage around them seemed to be lessening as the undead had the overhand in battle and the massive magical spells weren't being slung around anymore. Returning to Kavok she tossed the ropes near him. "Those might work better, assuming you can tie a knot." She stood beside Kavok and decided to try to put the pin in her hair again. All this unrest going around made sure that her hair would fly all over the place, which was quite annoying.

Kavok

Wight King
Sep 23, 2012
Kavok takes the rope he is handed, and then continues to tie up the people, with them now connected by rope. "Thank you. Rope does work a bit better." Kavok lets out a small sigh when he finishes with this part. Looking Nimrais over for a second, Kavok starts to loosen the breastplates he had crushed in with the hammer. "Do you have much knowledge with medicine? I mean no offence but you don't look the type to meddle in that sort of knowledge, though what do I know. You live a very different life then I do, so maybe you are extremely skilled in the medical arts. Fine, if you wish to do something you can." 'There so much blood around anyways... I doubt her getting close to mine will increase her blood lust anymore. At least I hope that is the case. Oh this is going to be unnerving...'

Dark_Wolfen

Grave Guard
Jun 5, 2011
Rotterdam
"I've lived a long life. Not always one so easy as I live now. I took care of a group of people when things didn't went well and I provided for myself for nearly a century. Although things would be much easier for myself, I spent my fair share with humans. I'm as good a battlefield nurse as any." She sounded very serene and honest. She never really studied field medicine, but she had enough self taught knowledge to work things out. She squatted next to Kavok and inspected the wound. A decent gab, but nothing vital was hit, pretty standard procedure. She ran off into the camp again, scavenging the various tents and bodies for tools to use. She took thread lining out of some clothes and took a needle from a decoration that was pinned to some soldiers tunics and heated it in a fire that was around. When she was about to return, she spotted a bottle of booze laying around. Even though the cap was broken off, there was still some left in it. She wiped some blood and dirt from it, and before any of the fighting mayhem could reach her again she ran back to Kavok, the whole ordeal taking about a minute.

She squatted next to the knight again and tied to thread around the makeshift needle. Dampening a cloth in some of the alcohol she pressed it against Kavok's wound, sending a stingy feeling down his leg, she gave the rest of the bottle to Kavok. "For you, an extra Anesthetic if you please." She laughed slightly. After that, she started to slowly stitch most of Kavok's wound shut. It wasn't the best job, but it was good enough for now. She bend down to Kavok's leg, much to his unrest, but she only bit off the thread and tied a little knot in it. When she was done with the stitching she pressed her hands against the wound. Coldness started to enter his leg, even more so than what was to be expected from a lifeless hand. Kavok's leg slowly became a bit more numb and the pain faded with a good amount, only leaving some dull throbbing. Finally she took her handkerchief and tied it around the wound. It was probably the cleanest piee of cloth around at this time. "There we go!" she said cheerfully. Deeming she was done she stood upright again and licked some of the blood of her fingers. "Would probably lower chances of infection or tearing. But I suggest you get some proper equipment once you're able." She smiled almost innocently at the man.

Nov 10, 2012
Manchester, UK
Content with watching the fight from the castle, Esmerelda saw sights that would rend a normal observer's sanity. The dark magic seeped the field, indeed it was to be accepted with Vampires, but the fight seemed to draw to an end. Wary of any potential reinforcements, the queen looked towards the heavens, drawing upon the winds of magic to snare a comet just in case more mortals decide to try their luck.

Malochai

Staff member
True Blood
Aug 4, 2010
England
Shah was like his namesake, tearing his enemies apart easily, covered in blood. He eyed the soldiers around him with contempt; all of them were beneath him, cattle to be chained and used for blood. The thunder of hooves beat through the air, over the sounds of the dying, and he turned to see Bane, his huge steed, bearing down on him. He was flanked by four of Markus' guard, who all had lances lowered, their faces obscured by the full helms they wore.

Bane halted, as if by command, so that Markus could mount him, which he did after removing his Claws and placing them carefully in their mount on Bane's saddle. He glanced around once he'd mounted, and saw that his soldiers had taken a toll on the enemy, seven enemies were either impaled on the splintered remains of lances or crushed bones from the mounts. Bane reared, and over the fire the Lion saw a tight knot of five soldiers, standing in a circle and holding all attackers back. Smiling, he urged Bane on, the mount bearing down on them in seconds ...

Bounce

Varghulf
May 3, 2012
Elanor followed the council at a more leisurely pace, in no real hurry to residue this rowhaine guy nor get her nice dress all covered in blood and gore. She watched the others fight with amusement and was genuinely impressed they were good although lacked anynsort of teamwork or tactics. Particularly the blood dragons just charged forwards like an angry rhino but then they had the strength and toughness of one too. Even the brettonian knight fought alongside them Elanor was glad to see.

A few lone survivors charged towards her thinking she was easy prey. She merely smiled which caused them to hesitate. She didn't bother drawing her sword but leapt upon the nearest one in a heartbeat. Her fine fingers cradling his body like a lover. "You know i am almost sorry for this." She whispered and plunged her fangs into his neck tasting his rich warm blood. It was delicious and slightly metallic like red cordial it sent her into a frenzy. The other soldiers tried to flee but she cut them all down before they could run a few paces. Ah it had been too long since she had fed.

Kavok

Wight King
Sep 23, 2012
Kavok had managed to finish removing the dented armor and had piled some of the bits to make a small chair for himself while Nimrais was collecting things in the camp. After she had cleaned his wound, Kavok downed the rest of the alcohol and then set his jaw as Nimrais started to sew the wound back together. Kavok managed to not let out a sound as she worked, though he held his breath for most of it, and when he did have to breath it was a very sharp breath in-between stitches. When she had finished stitching, Kavok let out a small sigh of relief before it was quickly cut off when she started to move her head towards the wound. When all she did was cut the string, he let out a much bigger sigh of relief.

After Nimrais finished with her first-aid, Kavok decided to stand up to test his leg. The pain was dulled enough that Kavok felt he might be able to go out and 'save' some other people, but as he looked up he started to get a feeling of dread in his stomach. He ended up sitting back down as he looked at the rest of the fighting. Seeing some men charging at Elanor, Kavok was about to get back up, until he saw she could handle herself just fine. Leaning his head down, and putting his forehead in his palm, Kavok muttered "What am I doing..." Glancing over at the men he had tied down, and the horrified look on the faces of those still conscious and watching the slaughter of their allies around them. 'It probably would have been kinder to kill them... Now they will forever be tormented by the sights and sounds of their friends and family being slaughtered all around them when they could do nothing to stop it... I've tied them up like animals, and they must think they are to be tortured for information, and then brought to the slaughterhouse. What good am I going to be able to do them. Its a complete mystery as to why I'm even alive right now. Should I just free them now and let them run? No... I tied them up for a reason... If they did that they would just be hunted down and slaughtered like the rest of the men here...'

'Though I think I can see what the stories meant by the vampires being complete monsters. This isn't a battle, its a one sided slaughter. And not because of superior tactics, equipment, or training... No... Just look at all the magics going through the air... And these men, who appear to be at least somewhat trained in the arts of war, stand no chance in a straight on fight. Just look at how even kind lady Elanor can slaughter them... Does man even stand a chance against monsters like these? And there is an even greater evil out there that these guys have to gather to defeat? Where does that leave warriors like myself? I stand no chance against them even without their magics, but every one of them does have magics and that makes them all the stronger. Being sent to fight these people is the same as being sent to our death. We'd have to resort to unhonorable tactics like five against one of them, and that is if we can even manage to single them out.'

'Magic has really tipped the scales of war. It has improved the abilities of those who were once human, and created beings of great strength. They were saying something about some of the vampires battling the empire, and from what I've seen I fear the empire is not doing very well in that war. If a small group of vampires can do this, without even their massive legions of the dead from the stories, how could the empire manage much against the full force of a vampire army? By the lady, even strong Britonnia would need to call upon a large host of grail knights just to stand a chance. And that is ignoring the likely chance that they get bogged down by the legion upon legion of replaceable undead. A charge will do wonders, but it will only be able to charge through so many bodies before it gets stopped... Man needs more power. If our warriors could improve themselves with magic then we might stand more of a chance against monsters like these, and better yet the monster that is terrorizing these monsters. I now wish I knew more about magic. All I really know is that the lady grants or has trained or has done something with some of the damsels to give or help them with their magics. I also know that there are some schools in the empire and with the high elves that teach magic. But both of them are not magics really suitable for a warrior. They take time to cast and that causes them to be vulnerable in a fight. They also are hindered by armor, which is what helps to save a warriors life in battle. So either the magic is going to require special training to be truly used in the heat of battle, or it will have to come in some other form.'

'Hmm... Maybe something against magic might work as well. If I remember some of the books I've read the dwarves are apparently highly resistant to magic, yet they can use symbols that produce magical results. Maybe some form of runic system can be used to improve the abilities of knights without having the some of the usual hindrances of magic. Though, I do think I remember reading something about the dwarves being very close-lipped about the power of their runes. I get the feeling it would be pointless to try and ask them about their runes, when I don't think they've given out those secrets to anyone as of yet. Though what other option do we have? I know I am not a weak man by any means, so its not like anyone but some sort of legendary master of the sword would fare any better against these guys without the aid of magic. Are there other forms of runes? Hmm... That might be something to look into... Because sadly I don't think waiting for knights to earn the right to drink from the grail is going to be enough for man to stand against forces like these.'

Kavok had a look of slight depression as he watched the slaughter around him and thought all this out. With other people proving to be more of a threat at the moment, and already having been proven to not be an easy target, Kavok is largely ignored by the enemy soldiers for now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

Quick Navigation

User Menu