• It's time once again to ferret out those murderous vampires in a new VAU - Vampires Amongst Us. A cross between Cluedo and a roleplay, sometimes gory and often hilarious! Find out more and sign-up! here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bounce

Varghulf
May 3, 2012
Coming slightly more to her senses Elanor walked over to where Kavok was sitting, attempting to help some of the wounded although now looking slightly lost in thought. She realised she was covered in bloodmalthough it was all other peoples and felt slightly embarrassed and self conscious.
"Why are you trying to save these men? They will make better reinforcements once they are dead. Do you think stitching a man up after running a sword through him undoes the evil of the first act. The lady of the lake did not come to bring peace but a sword. These men have stolen our leader and thus are likely in league with chaos. I cannot think the lady would want you to heal them."
She looked up and watched as several of the others ripped into the humans with bestial fury.
"Or is it our strength you cannot stand? Our invincibility? Do you feel that battle is somehow more just when both sides are slaughtered. Most of these humans will die a quicker death than if the scales were more evenly matched."

The Dread King

Staff member
True Blood
Jan 28, 2012
"Thanks for the help back there" Morturion acknowledged to Dieter. They had nearly reached the man wearing the shining helm - the commander - when a large wedge of demigryph knights came thundering into the devastated camp. At their head was a proud noble, bellowing, "Charge! We can still win if we take them by surprise."

Morturion thought about them for a second, then stepped out and said, "I hope you'll apologise for that rude interruption!" The noble stared at him in disbelief and hate whilst charging at him. Suddenly, a huge purple sun charged back at the demigryphs. The riders tried to stop, but they were going too fast. Screams could be heard as most of them obliterated themselves on the purple ball of energy.

The noble rallied the survivors, who were even more enraged than. Before, albeit a little scared. "Get them!" he cried; many human reinforcements were emerging from the trees and flooding into the camp now. As the demigryphs thundered towards them, Morturion readied himself for battle, and remarked to Dieter, "Well, looks like this joke of a battle will be lasting a while longer..." They leapt into combat, blades flashing in the light of the fires burning all over the camp...

Count Darvaleth

I <3 marmite
True Blood
Apr 26, 2010
Kraskor moved like a god of battle, his black khopesh swinging in great arcs, decapitating multiple enemies at a time. Suddenly Alastor appeared, proffering a blade before realising that Banespike already had one. The Blood Dragon noted Alastor's disappointment, but mentally made a note of his diligence. If Nehklior had not been there, Kraskor would definitely have been in need of Alastor's blade.

The vampire asked Kraskor, as the Blood Dragon forcibly ripped a man's heart out from his chest, if he had any recommendation for a weapon, considering his eccentricity. Kraskor knew Alastor, and did indeed have an idea that the vampire may entertain.

"Always you strive to push society away, Alastor," said Kraskor, still swirling through combat, "You want a weapon, and one that will mark you out. But is that something that you really want?" Kraskor grunted as he blocked a clumsy axe-blow, punishing the offender with a quick slash across his chest, splitting the torso in twain. "What better way to spite society, to laugh in the face of those who try to stand out as unique with exotic weapons, than to use a common sword? What better way to show that you don't care for the rules of this world than to take the most unrare weapon available?"

As Kraskor spoke, he grabbed a sword out of his enemy's hand, twisting the man's arm and snapping it before planting his boot on the man's face. Kraskor tossed the sword to Alastor, "Try this one!"

A wedge of demigryph knights had charged into the camp, but powerful magics were dealing with them. What worried Kraskor was the deep rumbling he could feel underneath his feet, a terrible tremor that shook the very earth.

Kraskor looked on in wonder as the command tent fell into a great abyss, the very ground swallowing it hole. There was a pause in the fighting as all looked at this huge, gaping chasm, where before there had been solid ground. And then, came the chittering, the screeching, the baying.

Skaven.

Hordes of ratmen, armed and armoured for war, poured from the hole, crying out for battle as they brought warpstone weaponry and all manner of strange warmachine onto the solid land surrounding the hole. A rat, larger than the rest, stood tall in green armour, and cried out:

"Blood for our masters! Kill-kill the humans!"

This battle had become a lot more dangerous.

Get of W'soran

CN's Lord of Masks
True Blood
Apr 23, 2008
Behind the Throne
"Knights" Dieter hissed hatefully as the aristocratic reinforcements arrived.
Although his features where obscured by a helmet, his expression wasn't required to recognize the anger the vampire felt.

The vampire stood silently however as the Necromancer cast his spell at the knights.

Then they charged the survivors.

Dieter leapt forward, striking out with a swift horizontal cut which struck one of the demigryphs on the head, as the beast's corpse collapsed Dieter thrust forward taking the rider through the chest.

Dieter spun as a second demigryph lunged at him, the vampire caught the creature's claws on his sword but was knocked down by the force of the strike.
Releasing his sword Dieter rolled out of the way as the demigryph slashed it's claws at him once more. Leaping to his feet Dieter unsheathed his longsword and grabbed the lance of the knight and pulled him from his mount. Ignoring the human for now Dieter stepped in close and shoved his sword through the demigryph's throat.

Turning he slowly advanced on the knight who made a sloppy cut with his own sword at the vampire but Dieter parried the blow with ease.

This sword won't go through that plate. he thought with annoyance looking at the Knight's armour I could go get the zweihander...or

Dieter sheathed his longsword to the confusion of the human who, after a hesitation, lunged forward to deliver his thrust.

Dieter sidestepped the attack and slapped the sword from the human's grip before tearing the helmet of the knight and shoving his dagger through the man's eye.

Dropping the corpse the vampire put his dagger away and went back to lift his enchanted sword, standing calmly amongst the conflict.

Dieter heard a knight roaring some nonsense about slaying the unholy monster when he turned to see a third Demigryph knight bearing down on him.
Dieter sighed and raised a single hand, whispering an ancient incantation taught to him by the first Count, a beam of purple light leapt from his finger through the head of the knight's mount and into his chest.
Both died instantly.

Dieter swayed slightly, it was a simple enough spell compared to most but even workings such as that took their toll on the vampire.

The Blood Dragon was about to look for more knights when he heard a loud rumbling and a familiar screeching soon filled his ears.

"Skaven." he muttered.

This could be dangerous.

Ignoring the humans the vampire sped towards Morturion, better to deal with the new arrivals together he decided.

Kavok

Wight King
Sep 23, 2012
Glancing over at Elanor, then back at the fighting, and then down at himself with a small sigh. Looking back at the fighting he said "I have no problem with strength." 'I just thought I was among those who had some...' "But in regards to these men, are you sure they are in league with chaos? I've got no problem killing them if they are, but you can't tell me that chaos is the only force out there looking to kill vampires off. To be honest, before today I probably wouldn't have thought twice about attempting to attack one of you if I had known what you were before I talked with you. That would have been the normal, sensible thing to do. But no, I let myself think before I acted, and maybe I came to a few odd conclusions even before talking to you. Though you said you spent some time in bretonnian lands. Can you honestly tell me that the lady would want me to pick siding with you all, and slaughtering these men, over trying to do something to save some of them? Maybe I've been over thinking things, but this has been a rather long night for myself already."

'This has been a rather long night. Why am I questioning the lady of the lake. She has always protected those who were true to her. I don't think I've ever wronged her before this dreadful night, so she couldn't have just abandoned me to these monsters. The grail knights are the ultimate defense for man. They have to be. They are the chosen of the lady. Just believe that and it will be true. I'm really hoping I can convince myself of that. They have to be enough to defend people from anything. They are the heroes of britannia, the strongest man has to offer to the world... Oh I hope the lady will come when I sleep, for my mind is in pieces right now.'

Just then the earth started to be swallowed by itself, and skaven started to pore out of the hole it left. "Well it appears the night drags on." Standing up Kavok was about to tell the ladies to stand behind him as he fought but thought better of it. 'I should probably be the one standing behind them and playing in the dirt for all I amount to at the moment. I am but a child compared to any one of them.' Kavok started to charge forward until he realized he was still limping slightly, and then decided to go for a slightly slower defensive advance behind his shield. Pulling out his sword this time Kavok managed to only attract a couple towards him... only a couple skaven...

The Dread King

Staff member
True Blood
Jan 28, 2012
As Dieter slew knights left, right and centre, Morturion battled the noble. "Foul monster!" the lordling cried. "Die!" His sword smashed into Morturion, but his armour held true and the necromancer was only pushed backwards. Morturion was annoyed with himself; his defenses were usually much better than that. With a flick of the double headed scythe and an incantation that brought a much larger, shadowy one into existence, he spun around, ducking the noble's next swipe whilst twirling. The end of the real scythe smashed into a demigryph, burning the beast whilst ripping out its heart. In its death throes, it reared, throwing the noble in its saddle to the ground. The shadow scythe impaled the last remaining knight and the demigryph he was riding, instantly killing both. The shadow then shattered and in a split second Morturion had stamped on the noble. He threw a fistful of black fire in the noble's face, ending the impertinent warrior's existence.

Then, the ground trembled, the commander's tent collapsed, and all hell broke loose as skaven came pouring out of a hole in the ground. Running along, Dieter beside him, Morturion slashed left and right, looking for targets. He noticed the numbers of his grave guard dwindling, and so he started raising the empire soldiers on the ground. The fully-armoured zombies were dangerous; the undead demigryphs even more so. Then Morturion saw his target: a huge screaming bell which looked extremely deadly. It was guarded by a massive horde of ratmen, however, and several skaven mages had gathered around it.

Renhurst, Morturion ordered. I'd like you to bring down all our non-concealed forces from Drakenhof. We need reinforcements: there are a lot of skaven to deal with over here. After receiving the affirmative from his underling, he felt relieved. Loath as he was to admit that he'd need backup, he did think that it would help: after all, with the arrival of the seemingly endless tide of skaven, things were getting risky. "We're going to take out that skaven bell," Morturion announced to Dieter whilst blasting skaven aside.

Morturion heard a quiet shuffling behind him, and whirled around to see...nothing. A faint flicker of an outline appeared, and Morturion had just enough time to curse before the skaven assassin was on him. Blindingly fast, the skaven launched himself at Morturion, but only hit the metal haft of the necromancer's scythe. Morturion rolled back and the skaven's second strike only scraped off Morturion's shoulder plate. Sparks alighted in Morturion's hands; he drew it back quickly and then snapped it forwards, throwing three dark shards at the rat. The blasted creature dodged them, and launched himself at Morturion once more. He did not notice Witherer behind him. Morturion's servant slammed his staff into the ratman's back with strength given by dark magic, and the skaven crumpled and fell before Morturion, who kicked the beast aside, sliced him in half with a shadow, and spat at the mangled remains of his corpse.

He vaulted onto the back of one of the zombified demigryphs standing next to him, and, looking at Dieter whilst pointing at another demigryph, he said, "Care for a ride? Let's go and give that big bell an almighty ringing."

The Archivist

Archivist of the word The
True Blood
Faust was walking over a rise when he spotted Drakenhof.

"Roland! Are you around?"
He looked around, but Roland was not nearby. He was probably scouting the road ahead already.
The sounds of battle wafted from beyond the castle.
Faust stopped and set down his bag before pulling out a telescope and his chain buckler.

Peering through the telescope he could only see flashes of magical light and dust rising from beyond a small grove. Steeling himself, he looked again at the necromantic bonds floating through the air. A vast number of bonds from the castle coalesced onto the battlefield, and there were hundreds of strands stretching up and away in all directions, no doubt from other practitioners.
He shuddered. Hopefully not all of his fellow cursed were practitioners of necromancy...

Putting the telescope back in the rucksack before continuing, much more warily, towards the castle.

the hidden one

Streets Ahead
Jan 20, 2012
Igor was content to watch the battle unfold, but with the skaven appearing, he needed to act. He saw around thirty shadowy figures appear around most of the battle sneaking up of the vampires. These were troops more akin to him, and he knew what they would do. The blood dragons could probably handle them, but the wizards and some of the others who were not paying attention might be taken unawares. Breaking into a brisk sneak, he stayed invisible, stalking the stalkers. He saw a couple of the vampires turn and kill the rat-men, but others were still unaware. He saw the closest one to him, and went directly behind him, and slit his throat, already moving to the next target before the assassin had fallen to the ground. He saw a group of the shadows, with one directing the others. He had poison covered blades that shone green. Warpstone. He had to hope that he didn't get even nicked by one of those, for it had a chance of killing him. He saw a warpstone pistol in a holster on the rat, and formulated a plan. He slowly crawled toward the group. He got back behind the group, and inched his way behind the leader. Like lightning, he grabbed the pistol out of the holster from behind, and opened fire, throwing his cloak back. He shot twelve bolts of emerald light, all instantly killing a skaven before it malfunctioned. He threw it back to the leader and said "Sorry, just had to borrow this" before it exploded in his hands.
The clearing was in upheaval. The remaining skaven started to attack igor, but he killed five or six with lighting fast dagger strikes, and most of them fled like the cowards they were. The leader unsheathed his green glowing blades, and hissed at him. "Die man-thing!"
"I am much more then a man" Igor hissed back, parrying a vicious strike at his knees. He went on the offensive, taking every opportunity to strike at the vile rat. He struck everywhere at once with blinding speed, at the knees, the head, the arms, and the torso, but the rat was fast as well, escaping the onslaught with only a slight nick to his leg and a cut on his forehead. Igor laughed as the blood streamed from the cut, and the assassin wiped blood from his eyes. What igor knew, and the rat did not, was that these cuts would never heal, even with the rats extreme metabolism. This blood would continue to blind him. He came at him again, but more slowly this time, placing his slices to inflict maximum pain and annoyance, to enrage the rat. It worked. When he cut a large gash in the bicep of the rat. Seizing his opportunity, he jumped ten feet into the air, somersaulting behind the skaven. The rat turned quickly, but not quick enough to stop igor from slicing his leg clean from the ankle. The rat fell, and igor struck like a cobra, going through the wrist of both of the hands of the skaven, and thrusting a dagger through the neck of the rat, twisting the red blade viciously. He snuck away again, looking for another target.

Malochai

Staff member
True Blood
Aug 4, 2010
England
The soldiers had fallen easily beneath the iron-shod hooves and steel blades of the Under Guard and their lord, much more easily than he would have hoped. He felt his disappointment settle deep in his stomach; the fight wasn't so much as a battle as a slaughter. Blood slicked Bane's flanks, and trickled down the intricate gold of his armou, a deep crimson in the flickering firelight. He was looking for a more worthy foe when the least worthy erupted, pouring forth from the hole where once the Commanders tent stood. He laughed quietly, slightly maniacally, inside his helmet, and with a jerk he pulled his mount's reins about, facing the chittering horde. "Blood for our masters! Kill-kill the humans!" one of them screeched. Snarling, he drew his men about him.

"Men of the Under Guard! Skaven ambush the Council; ready! Charge!" He had drawn his golden sword, a weapon which tried to emulate the style of his armour and weapons, but failed to reach the amazing levels of precision and sharpness, and spun it over his head as the mounts started to gallop, before pointing it straight ahead. His fellow cavalrymen were slightly behind him, lances lowered as they charged. Out of the corner of his eye he saw Alastor and Kavok talking. Talking! The thought offended him, and he bellowed at them, but it was lost underneath the sound of the Skaven as he hit them. Swinging his sword with tremendous skill, he severed the spine of one of the rat-men, crushed the skull of another with his backswing and disemboweled more with ease; their lack of skill was obvious, and their preternatural skill still not a match to his. Bane crushed more skaven beneath flailing hooves, and a small area of dead, verminous bodies had gathered about him.

The scream of a horse penetrated his ears, and he turned around to see Erikk, one of his men, on the ground, barely holding back the tide around him. The other five of his men who had originally accompanied him were wading through the horde, blades flashing and armour glinting dully beneath the dirt and gore which coated them. Bane turned at the barest of commands and disengaged, crashing past bodies and towards Erikk, who turned to see the move at the last second. He spun out of the way, and took but half a second to regain his balance and follow in the wake of his lord. He rejoined his comrades, and then they were joined by the three still on horseback, who circled them, allowing only a controlled stream of rat-men through. Grimly, Markus smiled with pride at the tactics and skill of his men, silently telling himself to commend them once this was done. As he was thinking, Bane reared, kicking out and screaming his equine scream. Markus lashed out and a squeal resounded. Nodding to himself, he looked about and saw that one of the better-armoured Skaven was lurking towards the back of a larger group, ordering them forward with a hoarse voice. He was bloated and wielded what looked like a huge cleaver in one hand and a stabbing sword in another, the visibile portions of his large paunch wobbling as he moved.

His eyes narrowed, and he kicked his mount forward, placing his hands inside the blood-drenched claws and easily fixed them onto his armour. The chieftain saw it as soon as it happened and screeched; "Stab-kill! Kill-kill horse-rider!". None of his charges seemed happy to comply, and only a few made weak attempts to land blows. Bane charged past the leader of the Skaven group and Shah dismounted, swinging his left leg over the rump of his horse and landed on his right foot, spinning elegantly. Claws and cloak trailing him, blood flew around him and tore through the poor armour of the skaven pack, slicing open stomachs and faces, hamstringing many. The heavy cloak knocked a few of them off their feet, and finally some of them withdrew, leaving Markus facing the chieftain and some of his braver subordinates - 'Either that or they want to stab him in the back,' he told himself.

The leader ordered his underlings forward, and surprisingly they complied, but Shah took the offensive with more power, killing two within seconds. Another three died within a minute, falling to brutal kicks which burst major organs or splintered spines. Finally, he was alone with his target, and toyed with him, dodging the cleaver and knocking away the stabbing blade. He grew bored with this though; the skaven was cunning, but just not skilled enough a soldier to challenge him. Stepping within the creatures arc, he stabbed forward with both sets of Claws, one above the other, and lifted the portly body over his head. Putting his strength behind it, he pulled the skaven apart, ripping upper body from the bottom. Gore steamed in the cool night air, and streamed onto his armour, matting his hair. He grinned and roared. "You should not have come here, little rat-men! You will all die!

Dark_Wolfen

Grave Guard
Jun 5, 2011
Rotterdam
"Feeling better now?" she aksed Kavok. He got up and looked more fine, but sat down again shortly after. "What am I doing..." she heard him mutter. Seeing the look on his face, she knew exactly what he was feeling. Elanor and Alstor confirmed her suspicion. Joining in after Elanor and Alastor she asked Kavok "Tell me, dear knight. Is this not but the nature of war? I'm not fond of battle, especially not on this scale, but the Empire doesn't only shield itself from us. How often have the Empire and Bretonnia clashed swords, how often has Bretonnia had to put down a peasant rebellion?"

Before Kavok could answer, the ground burst open and scittering Skaven burst out. "Skaven? What where they doing here? Skaven?!" She hated the filthy rats. She worked alongside them once very, very long ago. They're untrustworthy, greedy, corwardly and weak. "Actually, quite fitting seeing the company I was in back then," she thought musingly to herself. As Kavok got up to defend them against the few Skaven coming her way, she got up behind him and started to draw a large pool of magic. As the Skaven charged, she released it, black, grey and purple tendrils launched past Kavok and started to swirl through the charging ratman, stopping some of them in their tracks as they looked around desperately and sniffed the air. The magic deprived some of them of their sense of sight and smell, but not all of them. Atleast it would help Kavok out a little facing less opponents. A few of the ratman decided to flee the scene after this sudden emptiness in their senses, others just clawed and struck clumsily around them. "Filthy trick-tricks!" one of them shouted as he blindely swung his sword around. As she concetrated hard, she heard some scurriyng behind her. The damp stink of wet fur assaulted her nostrils. "Oh man, not now, this was not the time...". She tried to evade while keeping the spell active, but a large knife pierced her shoulder as an assassin leapt out at her. A very tiny stream of blood ran down her open wound.

Bounce

Varghulf
May 3, 2012
"They may not be chaos worshippers but definitely they are evil. They abducted rowhaine without any provocation. I am glad you have seen sense but most people are heavily prejudiced against us. They try to kill us while we are sleeping. Do we not have the same rights to live on this world?"
However she was unable to hear kavoks reply as suddenly skaven were everywhere. Elanor unsheathed her blade Starfang which burst in to blue flames. She pointed it at the nearest rat like being and the flames gushed out in a massive burning fireball burning them in a series of squeaky and curses. She saw nimrais was attacked and pulled on her romantic powers to heal the wound though the effort cost her more than she let on for necromancy was getting tougher to use. She then followed up slicing the assassin in half.

Mello

Hasn't left TVC for the rest of the forum
True Blood
Oct 26, 2010
Peterborough
Alastor questioned Kraskor's at best shaky logic. The best way to laugh at society was to copy fashion? That'd be conforming to it, surely? Either way, he had a sword for now. Turning, he slashed wildly out with the sword and watched with dissatisfaction as a human was cleaved in two. It really was dull, yet he guessed necessary for now. He knew there must be art in killing somewhere, he had seen actors and duelists prove that. It just wasn't in this.. mindless hitting things with lumps of metal. Alastor sulked a little, swinging the object around half-heartedly. Another human approached him, screaming in anger. Alastor's sword connected but didn't breach the armour, denting the sword slightly in the process. Alastor hissed in anger and, placing one hand on the human's weapon before he could swing it, kicked the soldier squarely in the chest with all his force. The soldier bounced at least five times before coming to a halt a hundred metres away. The sword now useless, Alastor threw it at a nearby enemy, the hilt crashing into his head, knocking him unconscious. Stooping down, Alastor picked up a Halberd, and decided to give that a try instead. It just seemed like a spear mixed with a sword on a stick, really. He sighed internally as the wood splintered against yet another opponent, and he punched them with more force than any human weapon could equal, denting the helmet, and the wearer, concavely. Alastor's mind mulled things over moodily.. Perhaps he needed a weapon that didn't seem like a weapon, he had heard of hidden daggers, stilletos and the like. Maybe that'd offer more satisfaction, trying to see how many people he could kill before they realised. Right now he had just lost track of his kills, they all blurred into moments of dull, messy death..

As the skaven arrived on the scene, the battlefield around Kavok was momentarily swathed in blue, and a couple of seconds later Alastor was striding slowly through the battlefield, momentarily pausing to peer at the bodies strewn across the floor, broken and helpless. He frowned or shook his head occasionally and moved on. Eventually his eyes lit up somewhat, and his hand shot forwards, grabbing a soldier from a pile of others. Alastor sank his teeth greedily into the poor person, who ceased struggling and went limp in Alastor's arms. From where Kavok was sitting, they could have almost been forgiven to look like lovers in embrace. Almost. Alastor raised his head to sniff the air, blood covering his chin, and spotted Kavok, looking worse for wear.

Alastor walked over to Kavok and sat down behind him, in an attempt to appear what he thought was friendly.

"If you don't mind.." he murmured, gesturing to the dying human in his arms. Kavok seemed too sullen to care, so Alastor continued feeding, thoughtfully now. Alastor glanced at Kavok, who was staring into space, obviously thinking to himself somewhat. The sounds of distant battle: screams, explosions, clashes of sword

"I've seen that expression before, knight, on myself 10 years ago, during the circus."

Alastor stared mournfully as Shah stormed past on the horizon, bodies flying everywhere but towards him.

"I'm assuming you feel.. confused as to why you're alive, out of your depth even." a quick glance told Alastor he was more or less right.

"You want to know how I became.. this? I used to live outside my home village, I felt some sort of connection to it, even though the inhabitants hunted me like some chaos scourge. Then, one day a vampire came and started destroying the town. I couldn't bear to watch my last connection to society in this world crumble to dust along with everything I loved, so I went down and tried to slay the beast. It sired me purely as a self defence mechanism against his pursuers; he didn't know how long it took.

I didn't choose this life, very little of us did. Is it really our fault if we kill the people who are out to hunt for us just because of what we are.

Life,"
he said, vaguely gesturing with the now dead body, pale as a sheet now, "Is an unfair thing, we just do our best to maintain the order of nature. Whether we know it.

Or not..

Ah well, I'd better give you a helping hand"

Alastor stood up slowly and stayed stock still as a trio of clan-rats screeched towards him. These.. creatures certainly looked interesting, he honestly didn't think they actually existed and that they were just old wive's tales. How times changed. Alastor pulled off his dissapear at the last moment trick again, and picked up a dagger off the ground silently, slitting the throat of one before barreling into the other two, falling to the ground with the pair of them. They were weaker than he had imagined however, he realised as he pulled one in two and punched the head off the other. He held up their deformed, sickening bodies for a curious inspection. Things weaker than humans, he'd never have imagined...

Pain coruscated through Alastor's body as green lightning of some sort covered him, reducing him motionless. Alastor tried teleporting, but was met with the same splitting pain as only half of him tried to move, and just lay face down on the ground, twitching. A larger, stronger rat approached, some kind of contraption in his right arm. Damn, even more like humans than he had hoped.. The creature put his foot on Alastor and prepared to fire again. Alastor was happy that his miserable life would at least end less painfully than he expected, and closed his eyes...

Bounce

Varghulf
May 3, 2012
Elanor turned from helping Nimrais to see Alastor under attack by some crazed shaven with a warp lightning contraption. She considered briefly just letting him get fried and ending his incessant complaining and whining about his sad and sorry life but decided against it. Calling upon the high elven magic she had learned long ago in the eleven port of lothern a shining white shield or pure light sprung up around him repealing the green lightning.

Elanor then sprung for the rat man her flaming blade aloft leaving a trail of fire like a comet. Blue and Green flames mixed with a hideous sparking and crackling and the two of them were locked into an intense concentration both trying to push the flames back to incinerate the other. With a last desperation Elanor sprinted towards her foe whose rattish eyes widened in surprise and fear and they were both consumed in a bonfire of light, heat and magic. Leaving only ashes.

the hidden one

Streets Ahead
Jan 20, 2012
Igor got back to work, stalking the rat assassins, killing them, then fading back into the shadows. It was tough, boring, thankless work, but he was probably the best at it. It takes an assassin to catch another one he thought grimly, slitting another throat, then hacking apart another couple of rats. This was more difficult then the humans at least, but what really intrigued him was the warp lighting that they used. The pistol he had fired was at least powerful enough to slaughter skaven with, and he would need to learn more about them, and he went about grabbing many different types of the warp lightning machines, and stored them away in his enormous pockets, all the while killing skaven assassins.

Kavok

Wight King
Sep 23, 2012
As Kavok advances and shadows were shot past him, blinding some of the skaven, he bashes aside a wild stab from one of the skaven and manages to swing a horizontal strike at the skaven's mid-section. The rat crumples to the ground, trying to hold his organs in as he bleeds out. Stepping over the body to get at swing at another skaven, his mind was a bit of a mess. 'Why am I alive... Why was I lead here... Why have the monsters of the castle not killed me yet. There is no way I should have survived. They have no problems with killing humans. Well... maybe other then the most beastial of the bunch. Though more then that what purpose do I serve? I have spent my life following the lady, but how is being suddenly thrown into the beasts den alone part of her plans? What could she expect of me from that? How does my strength compare at all to these beings? I walked into their castle with no idea what I was getting into. How was I supposed to come to the conclusion this was a keep run openly by vampires? And ones that have living servants that don't seem to have as much of a problem with the undead as normal men have... Though I guess I fall under that odd category of men as well. I must have stopped thinking properly to just go along with discovering I had walked into a vampire castle and was surrounded by the undead. But what else was I supposed to do? I had already started to converse with some of them, and they acted so normal. And can I blame them for being forced into their position? Not all of them chose to become monsters of the night.'

Kavok's thought process was interrupted, after he managed to gut a third skaven, when the shadow magics hindering the skaven in front of him stated to waver. Looking back at Nimrais, and seeing her being attacked from behind, Kavok started to move as quickly towards her, or as quickly as he can without risking falling by putting too much weight on his injured leg. Though when Elanor came up to support her, and took care of that skaven. 'Right... they are probably both better at fighting then I am... There is no real reason for someone as weak as myself to try and defend them...' Turning back towards the skaven, just barely managed to dodge a stab from a sudden spear thrust. Sadly he wasn't able dodge quite enough with the jab catching him off guard and his previous injury hindering his movements, and got a shallow cut on the side of his neck. Gritting his teeth, Kavok stabbed his sword up the skaven's overextended stomach, with the tip poking out of the skaven's back. As the corpse of the skaven fell to the ground, it took Kavok's sword with it. Still holding onto the hilt, Kavok tries to quickly yank it out of the skaven's body, but it seems to have gotten caught on something in the skaven's body.

Seeing more skaven approaching, Kavok starts to try and pull even harder and twisting the blade to try and get it loose. As the rats get close, Kavok manages to get his sword out, though a bit more banged up then when it went in. 'Oh... Well isn't this going to be just wonderful...' Seeing Alastor out of the corner of his eye on the ground with a skaven pointing some form of weapon at him, Kavok decides he should probably try and help, and turns to try and make his way over there as quickly as he can. But seeing Elanor using magics and rush over to save Alastor, Kavok stops and starts to turn back to face the skaven that were charging at him, only to find the skaven were quite a bit quicker then he was and one of them made a quick jab at Kavok. Kavok tries to duck to the side to avoid the strike, but it manages to get inside of his shield and grinds along the shield until it gets to the straps. The skaven's sword quickly cuts through the straps and the momentum causes the shield to tumble a few feet away. Attempting to strike back, Kavok swings his sword around for a backhanded swipe, but the rat quickly retreat and jump back before Kavok can turn enough to get him with the swing. Facing the small group with his sword ready, a bright flash of colored light bursts from behind him. Kavok turns to see Elanor and a skaven disappear in a giant ball of fire. Shocked by this turn of events Kavok almost manages to get skewered by a skaven who recovered quicker from the sight, but manages to quickly parry it away in time.

Get of W'soran

CN's Lord of Masks
True Blood
Apr 23, 2008
Behind the Throne
Dieter looked with a mixture of disdain and worry at the demigryph...there wasn't a hope in Morr's Bloody Realm that he was going to use the mount of a knight, undead or not.

"No...I'll meet you at th-" Dieter cut of as he turned to face a trio of screaming skaven which the vampire dealt with in one might swing of his Greatsword.

Even as they died a fourth Skaven, decked in black, leapt for the vampire with two wicked daggers.
Dieter recognised the creature as an assassin, he was also aware that such a thing could be swifter than he so instead of raising his blade he simply kicked the rat-man in the face. The assassin flew back with an audible crack.

Turning back to Morturion he nodded.
"I'll meet you at the Bell." he told the Necromancer before charging into another group of lowly Skaven.

----------------------------------------

Nekhlior teleported back onto the battlefield, he was starting to get annoyed that it was taking so long for everyone to finish up.

How long does it take to kill a few humans?

"Die-Die dead thing!" cried a rather stupid Skaven.

Deciding magic wasn't necessary the Necrarch simply smashed the creature over the head with his staff crushing it's skull.

"Skaven right after a human attack? This is not a lucky start." he muttered before teleporting to the closest vampires he could sense.

Necrarch materialised in a swirl of shadow near Alastor, the vampiress and the mortal knight.
Noticing Skaven nearby the Necrarch gestured and hissed an incantation causing the rat-men to combust into black flame which eventually reduced the screaming creatures to ash.

"Alastor...are you alright?" the Necrarch rasped, although few could read such a corpse-like beings more subtle expressions it was true that the young vampire was, aside from Nekhlior's apprentice, the only vampiric member of this council Nekhlior was concerned for.

The Dread King

Staff member
True Blood
Jan 28, 2012
Morturion wondered why Dieter had chosen not t ride the demigryph, and if he could cope with fighting so many skaven alone. Shrugging, he beckoned to wight wight kings, and they mounted the demigryphs beside him, riding double. "Rank up" Morturion shouted. "Charge!"

His group went hurtling towards the skaven, using spells to keep the infantry at the same speed as the cavalry. Morturion and the mounted wights wreaked a path of destruction, cutting down and smashing aside all the skaven that tried to stop them. Repeatedly swinging his scythe whilst empowering his army, Morturion roared, and skaven fled before him. The bell loomed closer; it was huge, a gigantic thing with a life of its own. Seeing Dieter carve a path through the skaven, Morturion felt reassured that the council could get through this without sustaining too many casualties. But he'd need to act for that to happen.

There was a large, steady group of skaven right in front of the undead. The wights and skeletons crashed into it, the demigryph riders killing several skaven with each blow as the vast hordes locked into combat with the tireless elite. But Morturion had spurred on his mount even faster than the rest, and at the moment before the charge impact, he leapt off his demigryph with magical augmentation, and flew onto the screaming bell.

He whipped out his scythe as the grey seer that was standing on the other end of the bell screamed, "Die-die, man thing! I kill-kill you now!" A series of rapid spells shot back and forth between the ancient necromancer and the formidable ratman, and the bell rung louder as they leapt around it, the immensely powerful spells lighting up the night sky as the two foes dealt lethal blows to each other.

Get of W'soran

CN's Lord of Masks
True Blood
Apr 23, 2008
Behind the Throne
Dieter snarled and tore of his helmet, the blasted thing obscuring his vision too much, and threw it in the face of a Skaven carrying some strange musket before running the handgunner through

Dieter slaughtered some more Skavenslaves before reaching the Bell, there was no room for fancy swordsmanship and the vampire was simply hacking and slashing at the seemingly mindless vermin.

Dieter leapt up onto the bell but before he could join Morturion he was struck with a bolt of green warplightning fired by the Grey Seer, he managed a simple magical shield which folded under the attack and Dieter was hurled from his feet.

Dieter managed to get back on his feet, his armour smoking, and swung his sword at the Skaven who tried to swarm him. The vampire leapt back up onto the Bell, backing up towards the Necromancer, whilst fending off any oncoming Skaven.

Dark_Wolfen

Grave Guard
Jun 5, 2011
Rotterdam
Nimrais hoped someone else would take care of that pesky assassin, and was glad when Elanor answered the call and went beyond. The wound wasn't that grievous, atleast not to a vampire, and she would heal from it in time or could have healed it herself, but it was welcome that she did it. It saved her the energy, which she used a lot off in the spells. After that, Elanor helped out Alstor and... got burned to death? "Did she just catch on fire?" she asked herself. "Well, that's very.. tragic I guess. A bit drastic, to sacrifice oneself. Quite noble, but apparantly fatally foolish."

She looked around at the battlefield and where he wound was. Well, the dress was ruined, that much was sure. A bit perplexed about recent events she wasn't really sure what to do next. When the Necrarch appeared and send one of the Skaven to a fiery death, she regained focus. It appeared that the Skaven were surprised by this sudden turn of events and decided to flee, atleast until they managed to get enough rats around them again. Nimrais decided she should probably arm herself. Turning to the remains of the would-be assassin, she looked around for weapons. He had a few throwing weapons, which would suffice for now. A pair of daggers would do her little good anyway.

The Dread King

Staff member
True Blood
Jan 28, 2012
Morturion saw Dieter fall off and then get back onto the bell. It was getting quite hard to balance on this instrument, and his forces were starting to get pulled down by the skaven. He saw Defiance desperately fighting off the skaven around him, and Lord Vagenhast was bleeding. Morturion realised that after the skaven had dealt with his ground troops, him and Dieter would be next. Time to finish this, he thought. But I cannot stop the bell myself; I have to deal with the seer.

"Dieter!" he called out as Dieter fought his way towards him. "Could you do something for me?" he said whilst fending off another magical attack from the irritating Grey Seer." Whilst hitting the cursed rat with a beam of dark energy from the one hand, he reached into his coat with another, and pulled out yet another invention. "I need you to put this on the clapper of the bell! It should make the damned instrument backfire." Another wave of vile rat magic slammed into Morturion, but he absorbed the blow. It was hard to talk and fight at the same time, he was finding.

Morturion tossed the device to the skilled guard, and said, "After you've done that, we need to get the hell out of here. This machine's going to blow." The Grey Seer saw the machine in Dieter's hands, and screeched, "No-no! Stop the man-thing with the thing-thing! He wants to destroy our bell-bell!" He called upon an incantation to attack Dieter, which was abruptly stopped by Morturion. "I'll deal with the seer," he said to Dieter. "Watch out for the rats; they are all going to try and stop you now."

It was clearly true. Rats were swarming up towards the bell towards Dieter. Morturion's soldiers were trying to pull them down, but they could not stop them all. Morturion saw the arrival of Renhuurst's troops, but they were still far away from Morturion himself. He hoped Dieter could destroy the bell. Otherwise, both their unlives were likely to end on this battlefield.

Morturion's speculation was suddenly stopped the seer, seeing that he would have to deal with Morturion before attacking Dieter, attacked Morturion with a wave of warpstone-like, arcane spearheads, and said in a voice as close to a roar as a warped rat can say, "Die-die, tricksy man-thing! For the Thirteen!" Morturion resumed fighting once more: this, he reflected, had been an eventful day.

the hidden one

Streets Ahead
Jan 20, 2012
As mortuion was casting his spells at the bell, igor saw something that alarmed him. Three rats were sneaking up behind him, and the necromancer was so involved in his spell work that he had not noticed them. He began to move quickly, and then sprinted at them, needing to kill them before they could kill mortuion. Looking at the warpstone daggers they wielded, they certainly could kill the necromancer. He reached them just in time, crashing into the nearest one, killing him instantly. He then hurled a dagger into the back of the one about to slit the necromancer's throat. The last turned to see igor's dagger slicing it through the entire body of the rat. He snuck away from the action once again, searching for the assassins.

Get of W'soran

CN's Lord of Masks
True Blood
Apr 23, 2008
Behind the Throne
Dieter swung the zweihander in a single hand like an arming sword as he cradled Morturion's strange arcane device.
The vampire looked up warily at the Bell.
"Up there? Are you mad Necromancer?" he snapped with annoyance but Morturion was clearly to busy with his magical duel to take notice.

"Right...climb the bell..." he muttered before looking up again "Shit..."

Dieter ran towards the base of the bell, slashing the tip of his blade long the throat of one Night Runner who came too close. The vampire then ducked as a particularly large Black-Furred rat swung a halberd at the vampire.
Dieter jabbed at the rat but with only the use of one hand the large sword moved slower than usual and his opponent managed to parry the vampires bow.
Dieter hissed and kicked the rat-man as hard as he could in the chest, causing the Stormvermin's armour to crack as he was thrown from the bell.

Dieter reached the base of the bell and hurled his sword like a spear at the Grey Seer, but the White-Rat dodged the flying sword which smashed into another Black-Furred Skaven.

Dieter cursed and turned his attention to climbing the Bell, almost slipped right of as a number of the blasted Skaven scrambled at his feet in an attempt to pull the vampire back down.

"Get of!" he growled kicking at them angrily.

"Dead-Man down! Down! Down!" one of the Skaven cried.

"Gods and Demons take you!" Dieter replied angrily kicking a particular Skaven hard enough that it's neck snapped.

Grabbing a rope Dieter climbed straight up so that he could pull himself on top of the bell, taking a moment to tighten his grip as the bell tolled
Dieter swore if he had been a mortal he would be throwing up, as it was the sound was just making his ears ring.

"Right...the clapper...how am I suppose to get down there." he muttered leaning over the edge he could see groves in the bell.

I bet I could climb down those. he decided and it may even have worked.

Except the bell decided to ring particularly loudly and Dieter slid right of the edge.

Dieter managed to catch himself on the lip and hung one-handed from it as the bell rang, his gaunleted fingers clutching so tightly that the bell bent slightly under his vampiric grip.

With his other hand, the one holding the device, Dieter reached towards the clapper. It took a few more swings of the bell before Dieter managed to slap the device onto the clapper.
Morturion's machine made a few clicking noises as it tightened onto the bell properly.

Dieter grinned in relief...a relief that was short lived as, what Dieter assumed, was warp-lighting started sparking around the Bell.

"Oh no..." he whispered looking down for a place to jump too, only that plan seemed screwed as soon as Dieter saw that there was a mass of spear wielding rat-men glaring hatefully up at him.

The Bell began to vibrate violently, Dieter slipped slightly as it did so, knowing he did not have time to look down and see if Morturion's duel was finished he simply screamed as loudly as he could
"Morturion! The Bell's going to ex-" Dieter began but was cut of as the bell did indeed explode.

The Dread King

Staff member
True Blood
Jan 28, 2012
Morturion started as a vampiric assassin leapt around, slaying skaven assassins that were trying to kill him, before departing from the bell. He continued to fight with the grey seer, who was now flagging. Panic showed in the rat's eyes as he saw Dieter climbing up the bell, and he launched a last, desperate attack. "Die-die, shadow man-thing!" he cried and threw himself, and an arcane ball of energy, at Morturion, who jumped over the albino rat. Dieter's greatsword then went sailing past the Grey seer and into another rat, throwing the skaven mage off balance. "Well ring-a-ding ding, it looks like the rat can't tap dance after all," Morturion remarked as an avalanche of his shadows when crashing into the seer, who fell from the bell, dying as he hit the ground and broke his neck.

At that very moment, Morturion heard Dieter's warning, and had just enough time to jump backwards off the bell and throw circles of arcane protection around himself and Dieter before it exploded. The initial blast was extremely painful, and sent Morturion flying back from what had previously been the bell.

The necromancer fell to the ground, and soon got up again, groaning, but alive, and not too badly hurt. Ahead, there was the charred, near empty ground where a screaming bell had once been, and, closer by, the burnt corpses of rats littered the now barren landscape. All the rats accompanying the bell had expired, that was clear. So had his forces that were fighting near the bell, it seemed.

But as he ran forward to get a closer look, he saw the form of Dieter lying on the ground, and the greatsword nearby. Morturion had to admit that this vampire was extremely skilled, to have set off what was basically an arcane bomb whilst hanging on to the edge of a screaming, swaying object. What was even more miraculous was that he had survived. He picked up Dieter's greatsword, and ran over to the singed and battered blood dragon, worried. "Are you all right?" Morturion placed down the greatsword, and noticed Witherer and Defiance staggering back to their feet. Well, at least two of my men survived. But I won't let Dieter die, considering all he's done to help me.

"Witherer! Defiance! Raise some zombies, and defend me if any skaven comes too close! I have to heal this blood dragon." Despite the drain on his magical power, Morturion still felt powerful enough to heal the blood dragon. He knelt, and, as he chanted, dark magic oozed its way into Dieter's cuts and scars, healing them quickly. After a few minutes, Morturion stood up again, and Dieter opened his eyes. "You fared excellently against the screaming bell. Without your valiance, many of the council members would be dying right now. Oh, and I found your sword." Morturion turned the hilt of the blade towards Dieter. "Even though we may have destroyed the screaming bell-" Morturion glanced nervously around him, looking for signs of the enemy, "this battle's not over yet."

Get of W'soran

CN's Lord of Masks
True Blood
Apr 23, 2008
Behind the Throne
Dieter floated in the abyss.

Am I dead? he wondered, he could feel nothing...see nothing...was this vampiric death?

He didn't care for it.

Then there was pain...alot of pain. Pain everywhere!
I want the abyss back he thought to himself with annoyance.

The world swam into view and Dieter saw the familiar face of Morturion looking down at him.

His vision blackened again as the pain increased but this time the pain was short lived as it suddenly faded and Dieter's vision cleared. The vampire could sense dark magic swarming all around him, it took the injured swordsman's mind a moment to comprehend what was happening.
Healing... he thought to himself.

In a few moments his wounds where completely healed.
Dieter slowly got to his feet and took his sword back of Morturion with a grateful smile, his eyes glowing slightly wth inner balefire.

"We fared excellently against the bell." he said forcefully before turning his gaze to the Skaven ranks "Aye...hopefully the other's are fairly well but..." he trailed of.

The von Carstein forces in Drakenhof could have easily rid us of the humans and skaven...is the Triumvirate trying to prove a point? The regent had been reluctant enough to let me come...and I do not see the Imperator anywhere. he thought to himself before pushing those thoughts aside, his master's choices where not his buisness.

Turning back to Morturion he nodded.
"Thank you by the way, I am unsure if my body would have been capable of the regeneration required to fix me...at least not before a skaven decided to take my head."

Frowning he looked back to the enemy forces.
"Perhaps we should link up with some of the others? Perhaps you know which would be the most useful?"

The Dread King

Staff member
True Blood
Jan 28, 2012
"Thank you," Morturion said in response to Dieter's compliment. "Yes..we are a bit isolated...that group with young Alastor seems to be in trouble; we should help them out. My subordinate," he pointed at Renhuurst, "should be able to clear up some of the machines with his forces, but we need more backup. The screaming bell was not the only threat on the battlefield, after all. Renhuurst!" Morturion called. "Follow me!" The larger group of undead linked up with Mortuion and Dieter, and they walked towards Nekhlior and Alastor. There were many fewer skaven to deal with now, but one or two rats still made the mistake of stumbling into the group's path - shortly before their demise.

Morturion and Dieter spotted a vast array of skaven machinery being set up on a hill. It was a gargantuan cluster of warp lightning cannons, plagueclaw catapults, and other devices; truly terrifying. These devastating pieces of artillery were guarded by several doomwheels and plague furnaces. Hundreds, if not thousands, of skaven gathered around it. Looming above all, there was a platform, and a mad, raving, immense, ratman the size of a particularly humungous vermin lord was rambling madly on it. Magic swirled downwards visibly into its staff, and the comparitively tiny skaven around it seemed to be worshipping it, while the thing itself was casting some terrible ritual. Its cloak flapped in the wind, and its staff was spinning in all directions, pointing at Drakenhof and the various groups of vampires around the battlefield.

Morturion and Dieter rushed up to Nimrais, Nekhlior and Alastor, and the necromancer said, "Alastor should recover if all goes well, but I think we have a bigger prob-" Lighting flashed, cutting off the last of Morturion's words. Suddenly magic was drawn into the skaven's staff at an extremely rapid rate, before exploding outwards and shattering many of the undead slaves on the battlefield. Morturion and several others were thrown to the ground. The necromancer leapt back up again quickly, and all watched the platform, momentarily transfixed, petrified with fear.

What had started out as a little skirmish had just become a storm of magic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

Quick Navigation

User Menu