• It's time once again to ferret out those murderous vampires in a new VAU - Vampires Amongst Us. A cross between Cluedo and a roleplay, sometimes gory and often hilarious! Find out more and sign-up! here.

von Rosentod

Zombie
Apr 4, 2012
During the last game I had, the following situation occured:

My friend miscasts a spell with a sorceress bunkered in a small ten man unit of crossbowmen. The result is a Cascade (large template centered on the caster, causing high strength hits). The wizard survives, but the unit around her is removed to a man.

Is the result considered as a unit destroyed (any nearby units taking panic tests)?

I said no need to as I thought she would be a part of that unit until the end of the event and still alive, but my friend wanted to consider it as a unit destroyed result for "fluff reasons". We both considered that the sorceress should take a 25%-casualty panic test as she was part of the unit taking casualties.

What do you guys say?

Bounce

Varghulf
May 3, 2012
Unit is not destroyed if a character survives as she is still part of the unit at that point.

midean

Vampire Count
True Blood
Mar 12, 2008
The unit is destroyed and the lone character is considered a new unit of 1. There is nothing left of the unit in question. If he was still "part" of the unit you could raise said unit back.

Pg#8 faq 1.5

Q: At what point after a unit has been wiped out do any characters
remaining count as having left the unit? (p101)
A: As soon as the last model from the unit has been removed,
any remaining characters will count as a new unit. Note that
this will cause Panic tests to all friendly units within 6"
(including the newly formed unit of character(s)) as the unit
has been destroyed.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

Quick Navigation

User Menu