• Roll-up! Roll-up! Come one and all the fantastic Turning the World to Darkness painting competition. Welcome to any skill level, you can find out more here.
  • It's time once again to ferret out those murderous vampires in a new VAU - Vampires Amongst Us. A cross between Cluedo and a roleplay, sometimes gory and often hilarious! Find out more here.

Che Guevera Shirts- The Irony Amuses Me So much

Sanai

Stylish Deviant
True Blood
proxy.php?image=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.mikemart.com%2Fimages%2Ftshirts%2F26572.jpg&hash=f59878cc4930eef882b673e33cfec561

So... a communist revolutionary fights and travels for his beliefs...
just to have his face put on t-shirts and bags and products sold by shops to make buckets of cash for definatly capitalist corporations.

Am I the only one who finds this really really amusing and ironic?

Grish

Liche
True Blood
Eh. Not a fan of his. He was bloody and ruthless. In my opinion, he didn't do much good, and a ton of harm.

Sanai

Stylish Deviant
True Blood
Regardless of whether what he did was right or wrong, the gap sure benefitted from the profits of selling his face.

Grish

Liche
True Blood
lol for sure. Its the nature of capitalism, and what makes it so flexible.

Profits are made left and right.

Gree

Master Vampire
True Blood
The man spent his entire life fighting against capitalism.

And after he dies his image is used one the most capitalist way possible. And 90% of the people who wear those shirts have no idea who he is.

It's like giving a middle finger to his grave. It's hilarious in a kind of ironic twisted way.

Ophidicus

Vampire Count
True Blood
Warhol is undoubtedly extremely amused by the fact that his legacy has survived virtually intact, and is no doubt having a hearty chuckle at Mr Guevara's post-revolutionary career as a t-shirt print. I should not think he feels the same way.

It's very amusing and a reflection of our society..

People who buy these tshirts/bags/numerous other items of apparel with Che's image on it do so for what they believe is the 'coolness' factor. It doesn't matter that they either don't know about his history and who he was or understand they are wearing the image of a brutal and ruthless man who had no qualms murdering people who he believed betrayed him, it's cool man!

I swear our society is becoming dumber by the day...