• It's time once again to ferret out those murderous vampires in a new VAU - Vampires Amongst Us. A cross between Cluedo and a roleplay, sometimes gory and often hilarious! Find out more and sign-up! here.

Citrov

Zombie
Jun 19, 2018
Table Top Warfare

Disciple of Nagash

Oldblood
Staff member
Feb 12, 2008
An unusual army, very elite based with the Blood Knights. I really like the winter scenery and how you've posed your models - I've also never seen someone do spectral dire wolves before!

What are your plans for your army, any new units etc?

Citrov

Zombie
Jun 19, 2018
Table Top Warfare
I am rather fond of elite armies, which you can see in my first love the Custodes. I also love the idea of spectral creatures clawing at the living, tying them down while the vampiric Blood Knights run them down and Vampire lords slip between them like a dark mist, cutting apart the enemy heroes like a spectral assassin.

In the future I plan on getting more chainrasp to add to my Soul Wars batch, get some of both banshee types to support them, since my army is very focused around their leadership of trio of female vampire lord matrons. Then in the future I would like to kitbash my Vampire Lord head honcho (the one on the vampire dragon) to have an alt "ranger" model where she is wielding the wraithbow artifact. I am also drawing up plans for making a coven throne conversion to better fit my army lore.

Disciple of Nagash

Oldblood
Staff member
Feb 12, 2008
Yes I noticed the Matriarch element of your army, I'd agree a Coven Throne is a must then! Some of the new Nighthaunt models are brilliant, the Chainrasps especially so will be good to see them :thumbsup:

Do you game with your army, as my only concern there would be the unit selection?

Citrov

Zombie
Jun 19, 2018
Table Top Warfare
I do, though not often with my undead mostly thanks to it being hard to find games where I live, though the new edition has gotten most of my 40k gaming group into AoS recently, or interested at least, so I should see more games soon.

As for what I run it varies, sometimes I just go Soul Blight and use lots of Blood Knights and Vampire Lords, other times I go more summon heavy with a couple vampire lords, a squad of Blood Knights and then a bunch of Dire Wolves and now Chainrasps too. Having a lot (and with plans to get more) gives me options at least.

Disciple of Nagash

Oldblood
Staff member
Feb 12, 2008
so I should see more games soon.

That's good; be sure to let us know how you feel the army plays as and when you get the chance. We don't hear back too often at the moment from how players think the new models and rule play, especially if you are going to use Nighthaunt models.

Citrov

Zombie
Jun 19, 2018
Table Top Warfare
Aye they are, fun little guys that are hard to get rid of. I actualy think they work better in Legions of Nagash than in the Nighthaunt battletome.

Aug 31, 2014
Nicely done, Citrov! I really like the colour palette you choose. The colours all seem to work well together, and it doesn't seem that often that I've seen one of those ladies done in black and purple. Very cool!

Citrov

Zombie
Jun 19, 2018
Table Top Warfare
Cheers man, I am a fan of blacks, silvers and purples, along with gold. But my other big army is all gold, so I love painting my vampires for the greatly different feel they have and different things I can do. Its also why I collect some orks on the side.

Borgnine

Master Necromancer
True Blood
Jun 15, 2013
Pruszkow, Poland
I love your work on the vampires and your ghosts are no worse too! Good to see them work well with green/etheral cowls - and that snowy basing is indeed marvellous :) Nice idea with removing that Knight of Shrouds - he looks pretty good as a footman... or maybe a floatman? Giving it to a vampire lord was also a good call, but man, that's horse's HUGE! Or maybe she's small. Still, looks plenty impressive either way xD

Also, sorry for being not up-to-date with WH40K - is the last guy an imperial knight of sorts? I didn't know that GW made even some custodes variants! I think that gold could use some warm shade in the recesses around the details - I'm just throwing ideas around, he looks hella imposing already ;)

Citrov

Zombie
Jun 19, 2018
Table Top Warfare
Ah cheers and nah he is this bloke Telemon Heavy Dreadnought So imagine a Space Marine Leviathan Dreadnought, but now the Adeptus Custodes get one that is better in every way to the point that it can take on a knight. In game mechanics it actually can with one of the highest strength melee profiles in the game outside titans. He is also the bigger older brother to this guy Contemptor-Achillus Dreadnought who is like the Space Marine Contemptor Dreadnought, but also better in every way. General theme of the army is that you get 5 models for every opponents 30-50, but yours are of much higher quality.

As for the vamps, yea the horse is quite large, its actually on the next size base from the standard cavalry oval base so obviously when I use that ethereal steed I gotta ask permission, but the casual nature of my store means its generally not an issue.

Borgnine

Master Necromancer
True Blood
Jun 15, 2013
Pruszkow, Poland
Wow, those Servo Haulers are big! Good work on them, they look really good and pretty 'at home' there in that scenery :) Also, good call on making that thaumaturge white, that's both original and looks very interesting, more otherworldly ;)

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

Quick Navigation

User Menu