• It's time once again to ferret out those murderous vampires in a new VAU - Vampires Amongst Us. A cross between Cluedo and a roleplay, sometimes gory and often hilarious! Find out more and sign-up! here.

Bauglir

Skeleton
Feb 25, 2009
Evening lads

At my club we have a small tournament coming up - memebers only. Next weekend to be exactly.

We will have to play three battles:
1° battle: 999p (2 characters max., 3 core min., no rare) = core army
2° battle: 1499p (core army + 500p) = army B
3° battle: 1999p (army B + 500p) = army C

This is what I've come up with. Feel free to deconstruct.
Oh, before you start. Keep in mind that ghouls are no real option for me as I only owe 12 of them (I hate the new ones).

core army:
Vampire (general): dark acolyte, lord of the dead, cadaverous cuirass, black pariapt, enchanted shield, biting blade

Vampire: BSB, walking death, infinite hatred, sword of battle, flayed hauberk, talisman of lycni

20 zombies
20 zombies
13 skeletons: full command
5 dire wolves
5 dire wolves

5 black knights: full command, barding, banner of strigos

Total: 999p
PD: 5
DD: 4
---------------------------------------------
army B:
Core army +
vampire: dread knight, walking death, blooddrinker

5 black knights: full command, barding, warbanner

corpse cart: balefire

total: 999p + 495p= 1494p
PD: 6
DD: 5
---------------------------------------------
army C:
army B +
varghulf

5 black knights: full command, barding

15 skeletons: full command

total: 1494p + 499p= 1994p

I still have my doubts about the third unit of black knights. Maybe I should use these credits to beef up my skeleton units.

Anyway, help is highly appreciated.

Yours
B

Bauglir

Skeleton
Feb 25, 2009
Evening my children of the night

Still no comments:(

Anyway, I've changed my general ) edited first post.

Comments are still welcome.

Yours
B

TMS

Staff member
True Blood
Nov 26, 2008
Sweden
I can't help but feel a little bit concerned about the safety of your general, but I suppose that there's not really much you can do about it in the <2000 points level, heheh. The current set up has a problem though, you've given him both the cadaverous cuirass and the enchanted shield - you're only allowed to have one magical item per category on a character. o_O

Also, I would definately leave that third unit of black knights out of the list and spend the points on more skeletons. As it stands, only your general will be able to increase them above starting limit. Therefore you'd want the starting units to be bigger, that way the other casters can help out a little bit as well. I would also give the warbanner to one of the skeleton units while the second black knight unit gets the banner of the dead legion. Having a single model count as US 4 will be a nasty surprise to the enemy, heheh. :)

Ergo-Sum

Vampire Thrall
True Blood
Mar 5, 2009
London
I agree with masterspark, your general will need more protection (ward save?) if he is going to be fighting. If not, you could porbably get rid of most of the armour. Could you get the book of Arkan into your first list? Its one of those items that can be really effective at low points, as there will be less units, so one key charge can be all important, and it'll make certain you get Van Hels.

I'd think about the unholy loadstone on the cart rather than balefire. Balfire is great if you can get two carts with it, but even then is dependent on your foe trying to cast magic, while the loadstone works with your magic phase, which you can control. Its especially useful to your Black Knight units if they take some first turn heavy missile fire, although I appreciate they are likely to be out of range later on.

Really like the BSB. I've used one like this, he's very nasty.

3rd unit of Black Knights does seem overkill, especially with no magic banner to help them. Masterspark's idea of more skeletons is a good one, or you could drop the Varghulf as well and get a smallish unit of Blood knights (which will frankly be all you need), if you want maintain the knight theme.

Bauglir

Skeleton
Feb 25, 2009
Evening all

I've changed my list, taking the tips into account.
My new list will follow together with a tournament report.

Yours
B

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

Quick Navigation

User Menu