• It's time once again to ferret out those murderous vampires in a new VAU - Vampires Amongst Us. A cross between Cluedo and a roleplay, sometimes gory and often hilarious! Find out more and sign-up! here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Master Vampire

Master Necromancer
True Blood
Jul 12, 2007
The Netherlands
*A new Chat Room has been added, you can find it the same as the other chat room as described below.*

Upon Arion's suggestion, I've added a Chat Room to Carpe Noctem. It's called CN Chat Room and you can find a link to it at the top right of any page on CN, next to the 'Search' link.

Here's a direct link: CNCR

You just have to enter a username and a short bio about yourself. That's it. A pop-up will come up, which is the chat room. It's a private room with some customisable settings.

See you in the Chat,
-MV

Trevy the Great

Vampire Progenitor
True Blood
Mar 2, 2008
A place somewhere.
I have joined the room, but when I sign in I can see only the list of 'Roomies' and some options in the corner. I can't do anything besides edit some room options and look into other rooms, so I can't actually chat. Is this normal or is my computer just malfunctioning again?

Disciple of Nagash

Oldblood
Staff member
Feb 12, 2008
Ah yes I had this problem - click out and then try logging in again. Only put your name, don't put any password. Click ok. If it has worked you should then see window specifically requesting your password. After entering this it should work.

Master Vampire

Master Necromancer
True Blood
Jul 12, 2007
The Netherlands
I've removed the current chat and replaced it with a new one. You can just log in here - no need to register and all that. Furthermore, it's private (so no brazilian vamps anymore!). It opens in a new window and I think there's a setting which eneables you to hear new messages being placed.

I might tweak the colours around a bit.

Josef

Master Necromancer
True Blood
Aug 12, 2008
Texas
awsome just FYI Opera does not like the chat room for some reason so i had to run in IE...don't know about fire fox

The Inspector

Vargheist
Aug 25, 2007
1800's England
Argh.

Got kicked from the chat room, and was prompted to close and sign back in. I do so, but my name was apparently already taken in the chat so signed in with 'Inspector1'. It seemed as if even though I was kicked (I couldn't type anything, and the chat was telling me to close the dialogue box), my old username was still signed in!

Bah, I say. Bah.

Josef

Master Necromancer
True Blood
Aug 12, 2008
Texas
Yea i noticed if you let it idle for to long you get kicked...check if there is a setting in the setup MV for idle time. and if you try again after a few min you can reenter, or just change a uppercase letter in your screen name.

Josef

Master Necromancer
True Blood
Aug 12, 2008
Texas
that would work to sry the one i found did not work out =\.

here are some more that my wifes forum use

http://www.yuku.com/

TMS

Staff member
True Blood
Nov 26, 2008
Sweden
Is anything happening on the chat room front? I'm so lonely without a chat to infest. :(

;)

Disciple of Nagash

Oldblood
Staff member
Feb 12, 2008
I can't even access it - one of the anti-phishing programs I've got is convinced that there's something wrong with it.

So I would say yes to getting another chat room.

Master Vampire

Master Necromancer
True Blood
Jul 12, 2007
The Netherlands
I've found one at the moment via MyBB. It seems like a plugin. Add to that it allows integration in Mybb forums too. I'm looking into this at the moment.

Disciple of Nagash

Oldblood
Staff member
Feb 12, 2008
Master Vampire said:
I've found one at the moment via MyBB. It seems like a plugin. Add to that it allows integration in Mybb forums too. I'm looking into this at the moment.

Great - look forward to trying it out.

Master Vampire

Master Necromancer
True Blood
Jul 12, 2007
The Netherlands
Right tomorrow I'll be checking the new CN Chat Room. I think this topic will be quite redundant as we're talking about another type of chat room. For the time being, this topic will be closed.

When a new Chat Room is up, a new topic will be made in this forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

Quick Navigation

User Menu