• Roll-up! Roll-up! Come one and all the fantastic Turning the World to Darkness painting competition. Welcome to any skill level, you can find out more here.
  • It's time once again to ferret out those murderous vampires in a new VAU - Vampires Amongst Us. A cross between Cluedo and a roleplay, sometimes gory and often hilarious! Find out more here.

Common Magic Items Rumours

Danceman

The Devil in Pale Moonlight
True Blood
Joined
Aug 19, 2007
Messages
3,461
#1
This not from me, personally, but a german forum;

-------

I tried and gathered some more informations, this time all about the new magic items. Since I am from Germany, I write just down the German names of the items.

:siren:All items, point costs removed from post.:siren:
 

Onikaigo

Vampire Lord
True Blood
Joined
May 17, 2008
Messages
3,607
#2
Holy bejeesus. Plus 3 toughness? Plus 3 strength? Strength 8?! Holy crap!


I see some really nice items in there, and I've already seen some fun combination's....

Skeletons will love the AP banner, giving them essentially a boost to strength. That's always nice.

Silberstahlrüstung () 45 pts
Armour save 2+, can not be further improved
Unless they errata this out, I laugh. We have it for cheaper!
Waldläuferbanner () 50 pts
Unit gains “terrain knowledge???”
Pathfinder? Ignores Terrain? Gets to choose what happens if they enter? I must know! :(
 

Danceman

The Devil in Pale Moonlight
True Blood
Joined
Aug 19, 2007
Messages
3,461
#3
I believe it is actually D3 for those two items.

I wouldn't take any of these items as hard facts just yet.
 
Joined
Jun 24, 2009
Messages
132
#4
Trank der Tollkühnheit () 5 pts
Only one use, immunity against psychology and „vernichtender Angriff“ (killing attack?)
The name means Potion of Recklessness, so I guess it gives killing blow?

Waldläuferbanner () 50 pts
Unit gains “terrain knowledge???”
Pathfinder? Ignores Terrain? Gets to choose what happens if they enter? I must know!
On warseer, someone thought it bestows the new Strider rule (treats certain terrain as open).
 

artisturn

Grave Guard
Joined
Jun 30, 2009
Messages
232
#5
German forum] [b]Magic Weapons[/b] Zauberraubklinge () 25 pts If a wizard his wounded with this sword said:
Magic Standard

Standarte der Mordlust () 55 pts
Unit can re-roll attacks

Klingenstandarte () 45 pts
Unit gains armour piercing
these are going to be some nice for Grave Guard or a BSB in an unit of Skeletons (that's assuming that skeletons are still capped at 25 pts for magic banners.)
 

Fodderboy

Master Necromancer
True Blood
Joined
Jul 24, 2008
Messages
2,243
#6
A lot of those items look like they are straight out of our book, and I'm sure there's some out of other army books too.

Skull Staff, Banner of Hellfire, Flayed Hauberk are in there (for slightly different points, if not the same)

And the Heroslayer sword looks like the Poker of Prickly Pokiness - or whatever it's really called - from the O&G list. Do unrevealed Assassins count?
 
Joined
May 31, 2009
Messages
734
#7
All the current magic items seem to have gotten more expensive . I thought that dispel scrolls were gone ?
will cause total energy and loss of control
Going by this it looks like miscasts and if are just renamed . Maybe it just has two effects ?
And is horror terror or could it be a new special rule ?
 

Disciple of Nagash

The Perverted One
Staff member
Joined
Feb 12, 2008
Messages
27,917
#8
I am very excited by what I see there. Not only is there loads more options to create a variety of monsters (a vamp with an extra 3 attacks, Infinite Hatred and Red Fury :vampire3: ), it looks like we have lots for options to protect our vampires. I'm really liking it.
 

Onikaigo

Vampire Lord
True Blood
Joined
May 17, 2008
Messages
3,607
#9
I'm excited! If this table is correct, that means DoN is exactly right. We can cause up to 6 more wounds on a charge! C'mon you squishy foot troops, it's going to be a really short day for you!


I'm giddy.
 

Lord Fear

Master Vampire
True Blood
Joined
Aug 15, 2007
Messages
4,834
#10
Lots of lovely stuff there, and a fair few more expensive repeats from our army book, but more expensive. Which is good for us!

I like this setup:
+2 attack sword
4+ ward armour
2+ ward vs flaming
immunity to KB (if I'm reading that right, it could be immunity to KB or KB for that round, either works!)
on top of Red Fury, Infinite Hatred and Dread Knight

Then chuck in one vampire with Forbidden Lore and the scroll of 5+ wounds on one enemy caster, a necromancer with VHD, basic scroll and power stone, and a third hero for fighting and sorted!

Only downer are the magic banners, not very exciting at all! Black Knights with +1 movement might be nice though.
 

Danceman

The Devil in Pale Moonlight
True Blood
Joined
Aug 19, 2007
Messages
3,461
#11
Though I think this is more because we've got a good bunch of very useful banners. Other armies, such as beastmen, have very few banners(quite few items in general infact bar weapons).

The thing that has me most excited about all these items is the sheer volume of variations. Do you want lots of attacks? A few really power attacks? Want to make a tank? Support? Protection? Just come on in, good sir. We've got all kinds of weapons and arms. This coupled with the 'special rules' for each of the 8 lores. Yepp, I'm liking the 8th already.
 
Joined
Mar 16, 2009
Messages
551
#12
I think the +1 movement one would be very interesting for some guys, turn Bretonnian Cavalry into fast cavalry in terms of movement speed... nevermind, DWARVES would love that banner.

If people start fielding bigger infantry blocks then the sword of +3 attacks would be great, vamps already have good enough basic stats to make a meal of most guys as it is, the extra attacks would only be a waste against really heavily armoured guys like heavy cavalry and heroes, I think we can have the ultimate standard infantry slayer.
 
Joined
May 31, 2009
Messages
734
#13
Order of the Blood Dragon said:
I think the +1 movement one would be very interesting for some guys, turn Bretonnian Cavalry into fast cavalry in terms of movement speed... nevermind, DWARVES would love that banner.
Sadly for the dwarves I don't think they get common magic items .
 

logan054

Master Necromancer
True Blood
Joined
Aug 16, 2007
Messages
2,523
#14
Someone on another forum translated them, im like a kid in a sweet shop atm with all these new magic items

:siren:All items, point costs removed from post.:siren:

@ lord fear would that vampire be better off with a Obsidianblade, those 5pts its you listed are one use onlya khorne hero on a jugger would laugh off strength 7 attacks with a possible -1 rerollable armour save
 

Lord Fear

Master Vampire
True Blood
Joined
Aug 15, 2007
Messages
4,834
#15
No, it is always better to focus on one job. Mixing infantry-killer aspects and armour-destroying aspects is just asking for a botch-job. It would be preferable therefore to engage a Khornate hero with a Wight King or similar- but the Vampire Lord I discussed seems to have KB for one round, and what better target in the game than a -1+ re-rollable save hero? With 6 attacks with hatred, I would quite fancy my chances ;)

Some other nice combos are Walach's Bloody Hauberk and Pond Stone on a Dread Knight- 70 points but a 1+ re-rollable followed by 5+ ward save, nice!
 

logan054

Master Necromancer
True Blood
Joined
Aug 16, 2007
Messages
2,523
#16
I would think a weapon that ignore armour would be just as at killing infantry as it was at killing characters in this edition, 5pts item that gives KB? sure it isnt immunity ;)

TBH i havent looked through for Vampire combos yet, im still to figure out stuff for my khorne guys, once i have them nailed then im going to look in the vampires, mind you i dont know why you wouldnt give your general a dragon helm, +1 save, 2+ ward against fire, hello mr blood thirster or khorne herald ;)
 

Lord Fear

Master Vampire
True Blood
Joined
Aug 15, 2007
Messages
4,834
#17
Infantry that only get a 5+ save from light armour and shield are killed equally easy by both weapons... except that the one I suggested gives 2 extra attacks (which will benefit from Red Fury). Not sure on the 5 point item, at first I thought it meant immune to (psychology and killing blow) but ItP is a self-contained term and so it probably does give ItP and the KB ability for that one round. But we shall see. Either way it's good to have ;)
 

MasterSpark

Nostalgian
Staff member
True Blood
Joined
Nov 26, 2008
Messages
4,691
#18
logan054 said:
...mind you i dont know why you wouldnt give your general a dragon helm, +1 save, 2+ ward against fire, hello mr blood thirster or khorne herald ;)
Continuing here, I can see some potential in a Hellsteed Vampire with that Helmet for hunting Flamers of Tzeentch. :)
 

Disciple of Nagash

The Perverted One
Staff member
Joined
Feb 12, 2008
Messages
27,917
#19
23. Helm of discord - [30 pts] +1 Armorsave, enemy character model has to pass a leadership test, if it fails, it can not attack and will be hit automatically

Might be interesting to combine with Aura of Dark Majesty.......
 

logan054

Master Necromancer
True Blood
Joined
Aug 16, 2007
Messages
2,523
#20
Lord Fear said:
Infantry that only get a 5+ save from light armour and shield are killed equally easy by both weapons... except that the one I suggested gives 2 extra attacks (which will benefit from Red Fury). Not sure on the 5 point item, at first I thought it meant immune to (psychology and killing blow) but ItP is a self-contained term and so it probably does give ItP and the KB ability for that one round. But we shall see. Either way it's good to have ;)
considering the thing was either just slapped into google translater or by someone who dosnt speak german very well or vica versa i dont think we can take the rules as written approach with a rumour. I should be bale to confirm some bits after the weekend :)

If your vampire designed to kill T3 5+ save things then really she dosnt need a weapon and strength 5 will be more than enough considering they will still be getting a ward save if they can use the parry rule.

The one i suggested allows for killing of normal troops, elite troops and powerful characters and thus i think is far more useful.

Disciple of Nagash said:
23. Helm of discord - [30 pts] +1 Armorsave, enemy character model has to pass a leadership test, if it fails, it can not attack and will be hit automatically

Might be interesting to combine with Aura of Dark Majesty.......
I think i might be stealing that idea for Vampire lord :)

MasterSpark said:
logan054 said:
...mind you i dont know why you wouldnt give your general a dragon helm, +1 save, 2+ ward against fire, hello mr blood thirster or khorne herald ;)
Continuing here, I can see some potential in a Hellsteed Vampire with that Helmet for hunting Flamers of Tzeentch. :)
More ideas to steal :D
 

Anubis

Wight King
Joined
Dec 28, 2008
Messages
417
#21
new blood knight w/hero combo; unit with blood keep standard + character w/obsidian amulet for MR2. gives you a 4+ ward vs. shooting & 2+ ward vs magic spells!

my new unit killing vampire; red fury + sword of swift slaying + flayed hauberk. almost a surefire 5-6 kills a round!
or the slightly less fearsom; book of arkhan + gold sigil sword + forbidden lore. I10 with the chance for ASF for the re-rolls and the ability to use lore of light to boost the rest of the unit!

the glittering scales (-1 to-hit) also offers an interesting choice of armour too, since it would force most opponent's to need 5's to land a blow! (or 6's when fear kicks in!)

i also can't wait to try out a wight lord w/extra hand weapon & trickster's helm. T5 hero who forces opponent's to re-roll successful to-wound rolls? ouch!!! not bad for a 4+ save & 4 KB attacks...

i'll have to see what other combos come to mind...
cheers!
 

artisturn

Grave Guard
Joined
Jun 30, 2009
Messages
232
#22
70. Arabic rug/Magic Carpet - [50 pts] Infantry and monstrous infantry gain flying, cannot join units (have no idea what this means)

Now how wacky is this going to be and I wonder how large of an unit is going to be able to fly/fit on the carpet?

The impression I am getting is characters wont be able to join the flying unit maybe the carpet is real dirty and characters refuse to sit on it.
 
Joined
Jun 24, 2009
Messages
132
#23
artisturn said:
70. Arabic rug/Magic Carpet - [50 pts] Infantry and monstrous infantry gain flying, cannot join units (have no idea what this means)

Now how wacky is this going to be and I wonder how large of an unit is going to be able to fly/fit on the carpet?

The impression I am getting is characters wont be able to join the flying unit maybe the carpet is real dirty and characters refuse to sit on it.
I don't think the whole unit can be given this item. How would that even work?

I think it's just an infantry or monstrous hero that can use it. (The transliteration confuses things.)

It's a shame this item is included, because it sort of rules out the inclusion of an Araby army list in the near future. I was hoping they would secretly unveil it one day. :(
 

artisturn

Grave Guard
Joined
Jun 30, 2009
Messages
232
#24
TheZombieSquig said:
artisturn said:
70. Arabic rug/Magic Carpet - [50 pts] Infantry and monstrous infantry gain flying, cannot join units (have no idea what this means)

Now how wacky is this going to be and I wonder how large of an unit is going to be able to fly/fit on the carpet?

The impression I am getting is characters wont be able to join the flying unit maybe the carpet is real dirty and characters refuse to sit on it.
I don't think the whole unit can be given this item. How would that even work?

I think it's just an infantry or monstrous hero that can use it. (The transliteration confuses things.)

It's a shame this item is included, because it sort of rules out the inclusion of an Araby army list in the near future. I was hoping they would secretly unveil it one day. :(
The use of the word infantry gave me the impression it would be a unit but being translated I could see how "infantry" would mean on foot so a character on foot can fly but not join units for 50 points.

That is too bad I had visions of painting up a movement tray to look like a Persian Rug but now that I think about it being able to fly around an unit for only 50 points would be ridiculously overpowered.
 

Count Darvaleth

I <3 marmite
True Blood
Joined
Apr 26, 2010
Messages
3,534
#25
Sword that give you +3 attacks? I'll take six please! xD

On a more serious note, (not really serious, just not wacky like the above) does fear still auto-break if you win combat? (Pleaaaase say yes!)

And all those common magic items replace the current ones or are alongside them? (Because there are some duplicates for cheaper points...so....technically they're two different weapons.........two sword of might heros, anyone?)

And something esle I can't quite believe, have they just completely chucked the current force organisation rules? Like, no minimum 2 cores and no minumum one hero, just as long as you have 25% core and up to 25% lords, heros, rare, and up to 50% special????


SO YOU CAN HAVE LORDS IN ANY ARMY??!?!?!?!? And can you go above the 25% core limit? (I quite like biiiig blocks of skeletons, and seeing as they're more expensive than a dark elf.....)
 
Top