• Roll-up! Roll-up! Come one and all the fantastic Turning the World to Darkness painting competition. Welcome to any skill level, you can find out more here.
  • It's time once again to ferret out those murderous vampires in a new VAU - Vampires Amongst Us. A cross between Cluedo and a roleplay, sometimes gory and often hilarious! Find out more here.

Completing the experiment

Chaos_Born

Master Necromancer
True Blood
Having tried out a cavalry force and found it to be fun, I now want to try another theme that I've never tried before: a simple shooting army. Never had more than one or two decent shooting units in an army before so I'm curious to see how different it is.

As such I'm looking for a 2500 point fantasy game where I will be using wood elves. Note that this is not a 'just for fun' game like my Ninja Skaven or O&G and I'm trying to make it competitive, however be aware that this is my first game with wood elves or heavy shooting EVER.

Chaos_Born

Master Necromancer
True Blood
Having discovered a new found hatred of the wood elf book, I'm going to produce a skaven shooting army instead. Not sure if such a thing is remotely viable, but it'll be worth it for the laughs.

So, anyone fancying a game against an experimental gunline?

Chaos_Born

Master Necromancer
True Blood
*sigh*

I looked through it and I really don't like the required play style. The way I see it, the only viable strategy to go is either lots of tree things (the idea of which I hate by the way) or MSU, which never suited me in the slightest. Also the lore of athel loren is...I would describe it but we're not allowed to swear on here so...

Anyway, for a variety of reasons, I'm not going to be using them:)

Anilar

Wight King
There is a reason wood elves use lore of life or beast on there level 4 mages. But true, they are very playstyle dependant army. Thou you can make Eternal guard army work, having a more rank and file approach to things. But not really that great for tournament plays.

But shooty rats doesn't sound that bad either.
When the weekend is over and nobody else have said anything, I could probably be perusaded to bring some opposition. Maybe a shooty wood elf army :perv:

Chaos_Born

Master Necromancer
True Blood
So it's ninja rats against samurai elves, now it will be shooty rats against shooty elves. This sounds like a pattern developing:)

Sure, if you're up for another game I'd be only to happy to give it to you:D

Anilar

Wight King
Might get other ideas over the weekend, also playing orcs and brets. But visiting a friend over the weekend, so won't be online as much.

Zanos

Vampire Count
True Blood
I could...perhaps give you a game. I suppose if I do one single game I might have the time for it, plus I haven't had the chance to play fantasy in a while, and when I do it's always against stupid unbreakable Skaven that annoy the righteous crap out of me. The question for you is of course, Ogres, Warriors, or Tomb Kings, none of which will be very shooty, I assure you.

Chaos_Born

Master Necromancer
True Blood
So lots of archers? Interesting...I couldn't do it with shooty skaven though, you'd just snipe my weapon teams instantly. I'd give you a game using one of the other greater clans though, pestilens or moulder?

Zanos

Vampire Count
True Blood
You could use your shooting rats against me CB! It would be the classic battle of so-help-me-when-I-get-there-you-are-so-SCREWED!

Chaos_Born

Master Necromancer
True Blood
Hmm...I'll whip up a list in an hour or two. Watching the opening ceremony right now and trying to recognise all the music:thumbsup: